WhatsApp vows to not become Facebook, no interest in personal data
0. phoneArena 17 Mar 2014, 22:45 posted on
Facebook’s planned acquisition of WhatsApp has been in the news pretty much nonstop. Of course...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Facebook is YO daddy... You gonna see some changes alright, now go to your room! O.o
2. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 589; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Like Facebook is gonna pay that much money and doesnt expect a return in their investments. They also said they wouldn't sell their company.
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3071; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Wow that was a direct jab. I'm glad i gave up on facebook back in 2010.
4. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Whatsapp - you will have no say in it - Facebook is basically data mining software for the govt, and you will be, too...
5. AfterShock (Posts: 2557; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I believe the sentiment, but that's it.
FB can go FI!
6. Snoobab (Posts: 174; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
So long WhatsApp... it's been a helluva ride.
7. alumoyo (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
And here come the usual "I don't use facebook, I'm uninstalling whatsapp" comments. Its like in the 90s when people would declare "I don't watch TV" to make themselves seem more sophisticated or smarter. Didn't work then, doesn't work now.
8. Ishmeet (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
While I continue to use whatsapp for now, it's only for a time being, that I believe, it shall stay the same.
Same was told by Instagram team too, some time ago.
What we get to see is, IOS ui and styling is given to android apps and they are buggy as hell.
So long whatsapp, the journey was good, till you came under fb and now, I can just wait for an iOS7 like whatsapp on my android.
9. Blazers (Posts: 191; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
The previous owners can come out and say whatever they feel, but until facebook themselves comes out and says it, their words are meaningless.