What's the ideal smartphone screen size for you: poll results
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2014, 08:35 posted on
Last week, we asked you one of the quintessential questions when it comes to smartphones: what's the ideal size of their screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. Settings (Posts: 1250; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
It comes to prove bigger doesn't always mean better.
18. Finalflash (Posts: 2195; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well this poll is somewhat pointless because the screen size does not necessarily equate to phone size. If they could make a phone with 0 bezels I would easily take a greater than 5 inch screen. But some phones will have 4.7 inch screens like the iPhone and be as large as a 5.2 phone like the S5. It really needs to be a poll of phone size instead of screen size.
2. kareivis (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
4,3" - 4,5" would be the best size for me. I just loved my previous HTC One S. My current Lumia 925 with it`s 4,5" is balancing on the edge of just right and little too wide.
3. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1690; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I bet some people will change their minds about how some phones will have an overkill pixel density.
4. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Do this poll a few years later and see how the consumer's tastes and preferences have changed!
5. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1690; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
They've done that already. They'll do it again. I'm hoping that the standards don't go above 5.5".
11. wumberpeb (Posts: 452; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
If everyone keeps shrinking bezels like LG did on the G3, then most 5.5" screens will feel like ~5" and that will be the norm for Androids across the board
6. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3579; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Previously it was like 4.7" is identical but now it's becoming 5" as the best size as per the poll. But 4.7" is best IMO.
16. Settings (Posts: 1250; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Yeah 4.7" is enough. Compare phones with 5 and 4.7" and make it side by side, there is only a slight difference.
7. GreekGeek (Posts: 1111; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Remember when 3.5 inches was "just about the right size"?
24. cncrim (Posts: 654; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Nope, I alway want 4" plus screen then hd2 come out I love it, then skyrocket then s3 come out that is where I found it little bit too big for me and I'm short with average hand. Htc one m7 is sweet phone...... I found 4.3 to 4.7 seem to be test best.
8. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
I have got big hands and I can say 5 inches just perfect
27. JGuinan007 (Posts: 659; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I must have bigger hands cause 5.7 (note 3) to 6.4 (Z ultra) are both fine for me.
9. aspleme (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 May 2014)
I noticed something with this poll... It seems to correspond with the popularity of phones. I've used smartphones ranging from 4.7 to 5.5. Each one feels ideal after I've used it for a while. Should have a box to tick to mark whether your ideal is your current. It would produce much more interesting results.
14. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1388; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
It's not the case for me. I'm using now a Google Nexus 5 and I wish it was a bit smaller. For me 66 mm wide seems to a maximum to be able to use the phone with one hand withtout having to do some hand gymnastic.
So I voted for 4.7
But I don't think there is an "ideal" size, as it denpends on your hand size.
I bet if you ask the same in a more women predominant forum the answer will be between 4 and 5" instead.
23. Flippyphone (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
Exactly, they should definitely divide the poll by sex. Most girls I know like something around 4-4.5", most guys like something around 5". My gf loves the G5 but won't get it simply because it's too big for her to use comfortably. I would love to get a Note 4, but I'm not getting something I can't comfortably have in my pocket.
10. damokles (unregistered)
4" all the way. Everything else ain't a phone anymore.
30. damokles (unregistered)
12. seanwhat (Posts: 276; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
For me, it's the size of the phone that matters. Over the years, my ideal screen size has increased as bezels have become smaller. My old phone was 4", my current phone is 4.3", but looking at how bezels have become smaller, i reckon my ideal screen size would be about 4.5 now.
13. lilhart (Posts: 22; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
@PA, Don't you mean most preferred screensize, ideal is kind of misnomer here. What is ideal for 29% people is not for all. You get it?
17. Heatfan316 (Posts: 512; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Steve Jobs once said nobody wants a big phone!...NOT!
19. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 166; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Its all about screen to phone ratio. My s3 with a 4.8" screen feels like a behemoth compared to the Motorola moto x at 4.7". That being said the note 2 doesn't feel all that much larger than my s3 but the note 2 is at 5.5". So like what I've said and so many others have stated its screen to phone ratio
28. Mrmark (Posts: 198; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
I thought 5.5 Galaxy Note 2 was huge and I loved it but now that I have the HTC One Max ... There is no going down from 5.9 ... I think 5.9 -6.0 would be my limit for my hands
29. Zapp_B (Posts: 20; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I love the display on the note 1. 5,3" with 16:10 aspect ratio.
32. dodger (Posts: 19; Member since: 03 Jun 2014)
I agree Magic..Moto X @ 4.7 is just right to hold and carry in you pocket.