What's the handset with the best phone-to-screen size ratio ever? Why, the Xperia ZL, says Sony
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Feb 2013, 08:23
The Xperia ZL apparently hits 75.84% ratio, while most of today's smartphones max out at 60-68%. We'd love to one day see a phone that is almost an entirely screen in the front, but we do know there are engineering and ergonomics hurdles to overcome...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pyradark posted on 14 Feb 2013, 08:26 16
This is something!! So hard to pick between Z and ZL
10. anGel_pLayer posted on 14 Feb 2013, 10:15 1
ZL is more practical but Z have better looks than the ZL and more advertisements...
2. maccess posted on 14 Feb 2013, 08:26 8
i agree.. that's why i kinda prefer the design of ZL than the Z.. the ZL really2 compact for a 5 inch phone!!
8. emadshiny posted on 14 Feb 2013, 09:16 5
i think because right now every attention is on Z, everybody forget about the beauty and qualities of ZL. although it can be a good complement for Z, i still prefer Z over ZL.
3. wendygarett posted on 14 Feb 2013, 08:29 3
Only 15% bezel? Still can't change my mind to pick z over zl :p
5. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Feb 2013, 08:46 12
Another great design from sony. They said themselves they max out the screen on the zl.
6. emadshiny posted on 14 Feb 2013, 09:08 9
this is what everyone expects from Sony. the best design and quality.
9. BadAssAbe posted on 14 Feb 2013, 09:42 9
So much for the Razr M, i really want a edge to edge screen with putting all the bezel at the bottom. Go Sony! Lead the way!
11. freebee269 posted on 14 Feb 2013, 10:56 0
Wish this was coming to at&t. Have to get an unlocked z version that has lte for at&t
13. Taters posted on 14 Feb 2013, 11:48 1
Too bad it's too thick and the battery size is smaller than the thickness would indicate. If they kept the Xperia ZL at 7.9 mm while doing this, then it would have basically been the size of the Z10 or 8x which would have been beyond awesome.
18. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Feb 2013, 16:34 2
Too thick? Its about the same as Lumia 820 and that's not thick
14. Tarzan posted on 14 Feb 2013, 11:50 2
HTC you better announce your next flagship or I'm gonna get ZL
16. cretinick posted on 14 Feb 2013, 13:28 3
The next step is to make a ZL, Water resistant and Dust proof, with a Super IPS LCD2 screen.
17. defiantbeast posted on 14 Feb 2013, 14:40 5
Im torn. On the one hand you have a phone that hits all the right specs in one and has the added bonus of being wafer thin and WATER PROOF. On the other hand you have the same phone with a camera button and a ridiculous small size given the screen. I dont know which one to go for. Hopefully they are both pentaband otherwise i go for the one that will work with Tmobile unlocked. Way to go Sony way to win me back as a customer!!!
19. antmiu2 posted on 14 Feb 2013, 21:18 0
actually the razr m has the best screen ratio.. or better yet lets wait for the motorola x 5 inch edge to edge game changing display
20. meXpersonified posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:44 0
i know its last years tech but LG optimus 4x HD does da job for me ...
best screen in a compact package ..one handed operation is rarely an issue
21. buccob posted on 05 Mar 2013, 07:18 0
Well thats something I hated a lot on the old iPhone models... my math came up to having just 54% screen size to phone size ratio...
While my Xperia Acro S is a nice 61.3%, and my old Galaxy S3 was 65.8%...
In comparison, the iPhone 5 improved a lot to a 60.8%. (What helps here is the really thin bezels at the side... but they suck at the top and bottom)