What would make a Nokia Lumia better than the Samsung Ativ S?
0. phoneArena 30 Aug 2012, 08:34 posted on
"Every great show needs a warm-up act." – that is what Nokia's Doug Dawson confidently stated on Twitter soon after Samsung announced its Windows Phone 8 powered Ativ S smartphone. Bold words indeed, for they imply that the upcoming WP8 Nokia Lumia smartphones will somehow be better than what Samsung proudly unveiled on Wednesday. But is that really possible?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think SS will have advantage as they can make Activ S very cost competitive to Nokia offerings by using GS3 parts while Nokia is in very difficult financial situation.
SS surely considers Nokia a threat to its position so we will see a fierce battle for WP8 supremacy.
64. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well thats the point nokia is using ag
67. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Nokia has Microsoft backing them up in their financial department when it comes to Windows Phone and it is Nokia who see Samsung as a potential threat because Nokia still dominates the global market share.
55. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
indeed... samsung wants to dethrown nokia in WP too... its been years that samsung want to dethrown nokia as a top manufacturer now they suceed coz they play the android game so good...but i think if nokia join the android party, samsung is still the mere second...
if you want Windows Phone, then go for nokia Lumia...
nokia exclusive offerings---check
name what you want, lumia has it!!!
but i wonder if nokia really give the nokia maps offering to WP for free...
i want to see it in action is ativ S (i still dont like the Ativ name.. should have been Odyssey... very catchy like Galaxy)..
so if you want to experience this feature, better buy a Lumia...
if android, go for samsung...but since sammy is in trouble now go for sony or motorola...
dont go chinese products okay?
61. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah..but im talking about on WP segment.. since HTC still didnt announce WP yet...
but for me, i like HTC device..more solid and compact than samsung's...but HTC's name kinda sucks... same goes to ZTE...... :)
2. jove39 (Posts: 1875; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
1600x900 resolution display
pure view camera
did I missed something???
5. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
polycarbonate unibody with variety of color options.
18. Osman (Posts: 44; Member since: 07 May 2012)
u failed,its not a tablet, yet there is no tablet with such specs!!
24. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
and a chick with every phone sold... stop dreaming fanboy...
44. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
WP8 can only work 2 cores bro.. so forget S4 pro
45. gawdfather (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Aug 2011)
wp8 can support upto 64 cores mittal...get your facts straight
63. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
hmmm... i see
ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES OH MIGHTY GOD!!!
FOR I HAVE SINNED!!!
3. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
put emphasis in competitive pricing then we'll have a winner.
4. lsguntu (Posts: 67; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
1) Same processor as samsung
2) Not very thick
3) Availabilty in all countries
19. Nick_T (Posts: 170; Member since: 27 May 2011)
For now, all WP8 smartphones will have the same Snapdragon S4 processor, your #1 wish will be granted.
40. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Sorry but you are off the mark, Nokia can/may use custom chipsets as a part of their deal.
6. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Woohh, for the very first time, i can bash other manufacturer's build quality!!! Lets start with Nokia.. Nokia is made of plastic, it is cheap & will retain the old boring design, booo!!Eiiwwww.. Ativ S is more premium with it's sexy brushed aluminum body!!! :)
28. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 540; Member since: 07 May 2012)
dude u haven't even seen a nokia wp8 device
43. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Nokia uses polycarbonate. They moved away from anondized aluminum after the N8 and E7 (2010).
Do a drop test between the two. Guess which will win.
Do a surface scratch test on both the screen and the body. Guess which will win.
Put either through a year of wear and tear. Guess which on will win.
Do a reception and call quality test. Guess which one will win.
If you answered Nokia to all 4, you're likely correct!
60. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Get lost you Samsung Fanboy troll
68. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
dude, it's not a plain plastic like your avila
second...alu looks more refinied but is not as durable
third...just shut up troll
7. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
easier answer.. it would be better if samsng made it.
75. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I hate Samsung Fanboy trolls like you
8. moneyrockers (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
I will surely go for NOKIA..............:-)