What takes the most space on your phone/tablet's memory?
Let's see what is the content type that takes the bulk of the storage space on your phone or tablet (or phablet)! As we know, some content typically uses more space than others, like video and games for example, especially if you have many of those 3D shooters that can easily consume north of 1GB. Still, there are some new content types that have recently gone mobile like magazines for example, which have become real storage hogs. True, we can now have 128GB iPads, and we won't be surprised if smartphone manufacturers also start offering handsets with such vast amounts of memory in the future, but these times are yet to come.
Cast your completely anonymous vote in that beautiful poll below!
- What takes the most space on your phone/tablet's memory?
172 votes (172 votes) Pictures
358 votes (358 votes) Video
757 votes (757 votes) Apps and games
6 votes (6 votes) Documents
499 votes (499 votes) Music
11 votes (11 votes) Books and magazines
1. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 321; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I believe it to be both videos and games. As nowadays you shoot videos at 1080p, a 3min video will be more than 200mb+ and some of high graphic games are about 1gb or more.
19. zhiae (Posts: 118; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
i have 16 sgs3 and 1 game like modern combat zero just fulled my free space
real q is what does iphone user will do when he is out of free space ???
(ihave 32msd ;)
2. noim1 (Posts: 252; Member since: 15 May 2012)
It's all.. Music, apps , games and videos wil take all the votes...
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm a music person so music it is!!
And i love storing peculiar images...
5. hepresearch (unregistered)
My music collection finally became larger than my onboard US Nokia Ovi Maps for once, so music takes the cake for me.
4. desijatt (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
i have iphone 5 and other data takes the most space in its memory....:(
6. megamiraz (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
if its me app and games can't be at the same place because its 2 different things
7. LAKAME_MAN (Posts: 27; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Oh, videos.... 9 gigs of my 16 gig microSD are vids. :sigh:
40. LAKAME_MAN (Posts: 27; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
No, not porn. Its all music related videos. PVs, TV performances, music festivals... etc. :D
8. KParks23 (Posts: 385; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Thumbs up if phone arena need to add a porn option! Lol
12. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
I'm slightly confused, what are the other types of videos people keep on their phone?
36. KParks23 (Posts: 385; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I've got a couple fresh prince of bell air episodes haha!
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5188; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I have my music on the cloud, and my pictures on the cloud too... Only magazines and games take most of my space
10. bigmikey23 (Posts: 10; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
Music hands down. 64gb sd card completely filled up along with all 12 gb of internal storage on my s3. I need all my music ripped in flac. It sucks being an audiophile sometimes... Lol
11. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
"almost" everybody is fuc*ing aroung here in comments, cause most have porn as the most space eating in phones these days!
21. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Sorry to disappoint you Amir, but everyone is not like you.
Your comment speaks volumes about you though...nothing to brag about.
24. hepresearch (unregistered)
I can't imagine my Mormon Tabernacle Choir MP3 collection willingly co-existing on the same memory card with that kind of smut... in fact, I think that my MP3 copy of "Agnus Dei" by the Ormond College Choir and my MP3 copy of "Lord, Make Me an Instrument of Thy Peace" by the BYU Men's Chorus alone would cause my phone to spontaneously combust if some goofball tried to send me so much as an undesirable picture via MMS.
Although... I've had somebody swear at me via SMS, and my phone survived the experience, so I know that's not quite unholy enough to make my phone instantly explode in flames... (LOL)
26. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm actually a part of a church choir, lol...
And i sing and play guitar sometimes outside of the church. That's my passion...:D.
Being here has become a hobby.
31. hepresearch (unregistered)
Nice! I have joined my church choir from time to time, but I don't think I am quite that good at singing. You'll never catch me going off to audition for American Idol, or anything else silly and crazy like that. Either way, we all get to sing hymns in church every Sunday, regardless.
I never did learn to play musical instruments very well... I guess it was just never a big thing for me. My real passion, outside of volunteering for my church, is studying physics. And that carries a whole lot of math with it, too.
Being here is a hobby for me, as well. I have been trying to tie it all back in to my efforts to relaunch and resume my old business, which I reopened at the end of last year. It is still a big struggle this time around, and not taking off like it once did about four years ago. I am still constantly seeking other work, though. Aside from my own business ventures in the meantime, I have been unemployed for two and a half years now. I keep praying that I will find steady work soon, so I am hoping that it will evetually pay off, hopefully sooner rather than later.
37. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Lol...i won't go audition myself in those shows either. But it's fun watching them, you get to see funny weird people...they just mad sometimes.
...Just keep hoping and have faith in yourself brother. You did it once...you can do it again! All the best!
Here's to your future...cheers!
41. hepresearch (unregistered)
Thank you for the encouragement, brother. I appreciate the timely reminder to keep the hope and faith that will get me through it all, in the end. May goodness follow you for all of your days, my friend!
42. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You're very much welcome...
And thank you too. :)
See you around!
23. hepresearch (unregistered)
Speak for yourself, dude... I don't go for evil, and certainly not on my phone.
14. rasinhussy (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 Dec 2008)
I have Evernote offline cache taking up most of my space.
15. rcranium (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Games. Most other apps don't take that much space. All media can go on the external sd card.
16. Fallout09 (Posts: 397; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Phone storage is mostly music hands down. Over 20gb of music and 6gb of audio books. Tablet is a different story and is mostly apps. Games,games, and more games are played on my tablet.
18. Shubham412302 (Posts: 276; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
for me its games which take 12gb of storage and nandroid backup for 2-3gb of space
25. Nixus360 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
You just buy a Sony Xperia Z 64 GB version + 64 GB Sandisk Ultra SD Card, and download all the HD Games you want, just like a BOSS !!
27. JunitoNH (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
For me, music, apps, games, and don't forget the different updates eating at the storage like Pac-man.
28. Techsplash (Posts: 41; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
every big game is of 1 gb or higher and if u are a hardcore gamer then 16 or 32 gbs are nothing.videos especially full hd videos really take a lot of space.
29. andro. (Posts: 1890; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apps and games entirely on mine.Videos music photos etc can all go on the 64 gb micro sd card. I do think the choice of google to remove app 2 sd from jelly bean onwards is ridiculous for tablets as 16gb of memory csn easilly be gobbled up fast by games like those from gameloft sizing it at 1.5gb a game,a 64gb card is no use here when it really should be.
That saying app and game developers really oughta allow the users to have a choice where to install 'sd data' downloads needed by games. If gameloft allowed them to be installed on the sd card it'd be fantastic
32. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Funny because for the price they charge for a 32gb they could put a 128gb phone ssd that gets 550MBps, I don't know why they still use micro sds for phone storage, they are a dead technology that will be 100% replaced by solid state in a few years. Why wouldn't you want to boast your companys phone gets 550MBps and loads apps in .2 seconds with a 1 second boot time.
33. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5170; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
for VIDEOS/MUSIC only put 200 songs in my phone plus mostly videos and still 16GB isn't even for me i have to resolve buying a 64GB sd card micro. just hope they will release a 128GB SD MICRO card then I'm set.
34. jroc74 (Posts: 3455; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Mine is apps, games and music. I rarely use my camera and video camera. I just got into eBooks. That could make a dent in the near future.
35. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 287; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I've yet to ever fill any of my cell phone space through the years, i'm just not a data whore like alot of people are and its rather nice. Needless to say, my 16gig Note 2 will never get maxed out even with my 8gig microSD
38. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
apps and games .. nexus 4 :( 3gb left for vids and photos
39. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Mine usually fills without custom rom nonsense that i cant ever find and delete haha