What message do you think Samsung is trying to convey in its Icelandic advertisement?
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2013, 16:49 posted on
Okay, we are not seriously asking because once you watch the video below you are going to understand...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 917; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
ohh apple,just dont get mad happy 4th of july.
2. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
The beginning is actually really funny... Then it just gets weird.
18. joey_sfb (Posts: 2698; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
actually I find the beginning ok but the sheep in the end is really funny!
21. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Lost, Sh33p - i don't get the dancing and those ninjas,
3. TechnoTechyes (Posts: 56; Member since: 24 Jan 2011)
Clearly Samsung is stating that their phone is better than fruit. And that Icelandic Ninjas can dance better than fruit too.
4. 1113douglas (Posts: 189; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
that was awesome, yea i agree Samsung it much better than apple.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 10274; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Quite obvious that's it's targeting apple, however it's a pretty sweet ad.
7. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Vague and dark. But I really liked it
9. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 835; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
That was ALMOST more moronic than the Surface ads. Dancing ninjas? Who is the target demographic, people who watch "Dancing with Effeminate Japanese Assassins"?
10. FlushGordon (unregistered)
I'ma bet you don't appreciate staring at a Picasso painting or even listening to other genres of music outside of your comfort zone
I gotta give you credit for Microsoft part though.....
11. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 835; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I'm a lit man, and I do have some limited art appreciation (English major). However, that just goes beyond the pale, and I found it a bit pretentious/ faux arthouse and lacking in nuance. I'm going to guess Terrence Malick didn't direct it.
13. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
The commercial was intended for ice landers. You must be a typical and majority American population who think everything on this earth was created for you
15. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 835; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I don't think anything of the sort, but it is nice to know there are narrow-minded bigots in Iceland, just as there are here. I made a judgment based on the video itself, as is my right. Outside the Poetic Edda, basic topograpby and climate, a financial crash, and a disastrous West Ham ownership by a prominent Icelandic businessman, I don't know a lot about Iceland, so I will reserve my judgment of you, and definitely avoid characterization of your people based on your response.
12. MrMagoo (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
Am I the only one that finds Samsung adds stupid? I hate adds where somebody dances
14. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
I don't like a lot of them but a lot of them were geared for people in other nations. Our commercials tend to be more rude or crude, violent, or a beautiful model
16. MrMagoo (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
Maybe you are right but MS surface adds for North America was something similar, with a lot of people dancing happy with their tablets... WTF!
17. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Samsung is becoming lame and repetitive now! Samsung clearly envies Apple but now they're borderline obsessed. Just make your products and shut up already!
19. sharifsumit (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
i do not get the point !!! what was the message ? really Sammy is trying with every possible way to target apple fruit only...hehehehe....but apple products......:d way tooo far.....try hard sammy...good luck !!! @ funny
20. idontknownything (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
so simple, it clearly suggests at the end, Samsung is eating Apple ;)
22. nooraldeen (Posts: 48; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
i think the ninjas are samsung and just like fruit ninja , samsung is going to slice apple thats the way i see it
23. sniperdroid (Posts: 113; Member since: 23 May 2013)
At first I didn't get it then I ended up laughing my ass off. Good work Samsung. I love how they go at each other , it's just fun to watch :D
24. TBomb (Posts: 89; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
so it's not an Apple.... It has Ram.... lost with the ninjas though.
26. apjapj (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
4 ninjas = quad core processor
goat in reality a ram = RAM
All together a great user experience = a happy user ?