What if your Galaxy S4 had 3GB of RAM and Snapdragon 800? Enter Samsung Galaxy J
0. phoneArena 10 Oct 2013, 02:51 posted on
The Galaxy J just went official on DoCoMo with upgraded specs borrowed directly from the Note 3. The handset sports a 5" Super AMOLED Full HD display, and is slightly chubbier and heavier than the S4, with its 137mm x 70mm x 8.6mm dimensions and 146 grams of weight. That might be due to the eventual waterproofing that most Japanese flagships go through, though there are conflicting reports whether the handset is waterproof or not...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
I hope this dont have the function of freezing screen when calls are coming. Cause my s4 does. And thanks samsung for this life changing feature.
7. nvrhde (Posts: 77; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
I bet, one day you will be able to afford a real S4.
9. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
No thanks. All samsung does are gimmicks. Il get z1 or 5s. I have this octa core intl. s4, and even one single core cant do its job on answering a call. Thanks again.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Have you called Samsung and asked if you can get a replacement model? Your phone is still under warranty.
18. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Do you seriously believe this iTroll?
20. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
Im not a fanboy. I like big screens and android. I also like ios and ipad. I just want a device that works. Nope i havent been to a samsung store. I might visit one when i have time. I like the z1 mini and ip 5s..
21. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
He's telling the truth. My brothers s4 also faces this same problem sometimes. It's definitely a software problem though.
23. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
Did your brother go to samsung store for replacement? Or can samsung do anything about it? It was really a bad choice to pick this s4. Ishould have gone with htc one.
25. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Na, he's going to flash a custom ROM soon. So he isn't much bothered.
26. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
My bro wanted to go for the One as well. But features and camera made him swing towards samsung. Plus the service is excellent where i live. When i broke my screen, they replaced and gave me in few hours. For HTC it would have taken weeks.
22. Jobayer (Posts: 167; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
he is not iTorlling i live in Bangladesh here they sell the octa one and i tried in samsung mobile cafe it is , not laggy, jerky and there is slight freezes , but the S3 isnt i was confused , did some research turns out its because of the bridge linking the four to four processor , sammy y u no snapdragon everywhere -_-
28. taikucing (unregistered)
31. nvrhde (Posts: 77; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
To me it Doesn't matter what phone you buy Or what OS you use , just be real .
35. 14545 (Posts: 1453; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
What are you talking about? I have the 600 version of the S4 and I don't have this issue.
8. belovedson (Posts: 977; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
I didn't want to but I rooted and downloaded another rom. It's now worth keeping
36. kenemu (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
true, my s4 got the same problem too. Beside, the proximity sensor just isnt working properly sometimes when making or receiving calls....and whats more, it seems also that S4 wont work with certain type of SDcard too, and my card though, not damaged but behaves strangely with S4
2. byazatt (Posts: 269; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I know where we're going with this.. 4GB RAM for next year's s5.
34. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
No, the 4GB will be for the S5x or S5.1 or whatever they call the slightly better version they release 2 months after the original and when they already have our money.
3. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1989; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
damn, galaxy j don't have a passport out of japan.
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3713; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Release it globally. This is nice waterproof phone.
5. aries.phills (Posts: 140; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Certainly a droolworthy device. Will look out for hands-on videos.
11. therealestboy (Posts: 47; Member since: 03 May 2013)
That bs. Samsung could have out the snapdragon 800 and the 3 GB of RAM in the galaxy s4 to begin with.
15. danko (Posts: 8; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
its better for them to make current s4 and sell it and sell this again... :D
17. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I believe the S800 chip was mass produced in Q3 2013?
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Finally someone who knows about tech.
27. justsayit (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 May 2013)
The New SAMSUNG Galaxy Ｊust As Same As Note 3 and S4 LTE-A
29. majp89 (Posts: 167; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Yet another phone with all that horsepower under the hood yet it will still lag due to bad software. They'll keep producing them too because benchmark nerds want something to brag about.
30. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
If the Samsung will replace the U.S. version by it (SGS 4 with S800, and 32 gig ROM, 3 gig of RAM), I surely go with it. I don't care if it is water/dust resistant, my point are, compact size, lightweight, removable battery, and sd slot, compare to other phones, and also I really like the design of it.
If anyone questioning me why I like the design of SGS4, my simple answer is I am a draftsman. Actually I've almost upgrading to gnote 3 last week, but I'm waiting what nexus with kit kat can bring before I go for it.
32. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I'm a GS4 owner and i WAS a big fan of the "SD card slot" ever since my S2. But my S4 just "damaged" the 3rd SD card I bought. (16g, 32g & 64g) So I'm pissed! There are numerous blogs with millions of people that experienced the same problem. I still can't live without my removable battery but now I'm like F*ck a SD card slot...For now on I'm buying my Galaxy phone with at least 32gigs of internal storage. And the SD cards that got "damaged" by my S4 were high quality, class 6-10, SDHC, scandisck and Samsungs very own Micro SD card. But anyway I would love to get my paws on this phone...
33. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 246; Member since: 30 May 2013)
"And you could have it in coral pink"
Haha yeah I want that for sure :)
37. poping (unregistered)
wew...!!! lte-a... any news if this model got the envelope tracker...?