What happens when the HTC One is overclocked to 2.0GHz?
0. phoneArena 20 May 2013, 06:42 posted on
There's a lot to love about the HTC One. Not only that it is beautifully designed and loaded with features, but it is also powered by a super-fast quad-core SoC – the Snapdragon 600 chip running at 1.7GHz. However, have you ever wondered what would happen if that figure is pushed a little further? Well, the folks at Pocketnow wanted to find out, so they took an HTC One and cranked the gigahertz knob up to 11...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3297; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
HAAHAA! My avatar picture has a better car than yours! Ok ok that was a joke. Lexus is awesome.
19. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
My turbo FR-S fits in here, :D
But off topic, I wouldn't overclock this just because it's already super butter in terms of smoothness. As easy as it is to just flash a kernel and go, I wouldn't want to deal with the extra bit of heat on the case and the extra speed is almost negligible. Not that long and we will have a 4.2.2 AOSP with no bugs. But by the time that happens, 4.3 will prob be out.
38. Gdrye (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
the only awesome lexus is the lfa, other than that..nothing
5. sharks (Posts: 168; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
What's your point? The Android version doesn't matter. It's about overclocked hardware tested via third-party benchmark software, which circumvents the stock Android installation.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You have a point, if it was 4.2.2, it would score slightly higher
40. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Performance wise 4.2 and 4.1 are identical
14. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
the question ask what happened ? my answer, the phone will hot and melt like a s***
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Great, the art of Android™ Ftw®
The One is one sexy, sleek, stylish, constructed looking phone.
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ooo......the One is so sexy! x)
33. moroninc (Posts: 189; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
piece of garbage!!... 5 hrs to recharge, oh yeah on the bright side it looks great :P
34. Rager722 (Posts: 227; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
My HTC ONE lasts me all day with atleast 30% battery by the end of the day! Don't know what you're talking about. You must play alot of games and watch alot of videos on the phone
39. Gdrye (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
he didnt say the phone didnt last long he just said it takes a while to recharge..which he is right, it takes a while to recharge. its not as long as my nexus 7 by no means...i dont even want to get started on that thing
49. sswain (Posts: 50; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
At least it has TWO bright sides.
Use the Battery Saver Setting, make sure BT and WiFi turn off when not used (and try not to use both). Turning off GPS and getting Data only by WiFi also saves a bit of juice.
Look at your Battery Usage Application to see where all your juice is going and work from there. Mine does not take 5 hours to charge, get yours checked while it is still in Warranty.
The POINT of this Article is that using the ElementalX Build of the Kernel it is possible to overclock your Phone by 20%. That is about as much as you could expect.
That Kernel (if you had bothered to check) also supports underclocking and undervolting to save your Battery.
Hold up a mirror when you face us, then you will look bright too.
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So if the S4 was overclocked to 2.0Ghz the highest, scores on Antutu would roughly be the same!
And if the S4 Exynos5410 A15 was overclocked to 2.1Ghz, it would score 35000+, so the S800 would still loose to the A15 E5410....?
11. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Ppl like u are stressed out about numbers on benchmarks, bro get a life, I could have 1 phone vs the other phone and the other phone beats it by a long shot I don't care atleast 1 phone performs faster or on par with other phone.
Its good to have benchmarks cause they give an overall cal of the phone but still man wake up.
32. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Yeah you right coz S800 Krait 400 only have the 70% near A-15 that why it will lose in Exynos 5410 A15
9. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
+2.x ghz= untameble, this phone is like the new evolution to tech I'm getting it soon still have some love for my htc one x.
28. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5952; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Other than games, what is the benefit of an over-clocked S600? Web pages open a tiny bit faster? I doubt e-mail will be quicker, since the One with a stock S600 opens e-mail plenty fast.
Now, if it were possible to somehow speed up the broadband connection (faster downloads), I would be all over that.
10. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Ya android really is such wonderful OS. There is no doubt that it is the most advanced os to date
but the main disadvantage is the lagginess in the OS. I know google reduced it alot in jellybean but it is still there in some occasions
i heard that the lag is caused by VM in android
if that's the reason my next wish feature of next android version is removal of VM from android (don't know how hope google could find it out)
hope android be fluid as WP and IOS
15. Shubham412302 (Posts: 305; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
well dalvik vm is the machine which runs android app and so it cannot be removed.
we know even in pc vm dosent works as good as a direct installed os.
only google can do is encorage dev to write apps in native code and keep vm till all apps are written in native linux language so they work flawlessly. and even sandbox results in strict access of apps to system and full hardware control
13. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
that it still isnt worth buying over the gs4?
16. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Oh noes, PA copied taylor martin's content
18. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Oh i see...
thanks for the information "shubham412302"
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Micheal Fisher head Editorial
Taylor Martin editor.
GsmArena Blog, Prasad
26. gerasim (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
htc one is the best. what is Samsung ? the answer Samsung will never eat htc. they only win with sales and stupid marketing but not with making phones and better quality .
29. sunnyfpy (Posts: 57; Member since: 12 May 2013)
Dumb people always like to show off their toys!
30. mottykels (Posts: 372; Member since: 15 May 2013)
The reason why I dont like HTC1 is the 4MP Ultrapixel. I love s4
31. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Well, that's the problem with all-metal unibody designs and electronics... heat.
35. lsutigers (Posts: 769; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
what launcher are they running in the video? Is that the custom rom that gives you that home screen?
37. JASFL (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 May 2013)
very nice... kind of like adding a supercharger.... might have to tinker around with this a bit..
41. geodude074 (Posts: 67; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
So are you telling me that if you overclock a processor, you make it go faster???!!!!???!!!
45. harigrg33 (Posts: 164; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Your device doesnot support any of the video format.... is this craap toyin with me..... comon I use s4 hw can u say this to me..... :@
46. sudhiir.reddy (Posts: 30; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
What's happen if you are over drunk ??