What do you dislike about the Galaxy S4?
0. phoneArena 12 Apr 2013, 09:37 posted on
Ah, the Galaxy S4! It's definitely one of the very best Android smartphones around, and yet, we're sure that there a a good number of people out there who hate it. By the way, there's a lot people who also hate us, but that's because of our money. Anyway, the Galaxy S4 sure has its enemies, but why? What could be wrong this seemingly perfect Android smartphone? Hm, when you think about it, there are some things that can irritate some users. How about the cheap-feeling plastic? You buy an expensive gadget and it suddenly feels like your 5 year-old son's toy-phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lee480 (Posts: 197; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
I prefer the Xperia Z or the HTC One. Sorry!
99. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Are you cool with the GS IV? My list is something as follows:
1. U.S. editions not getting the Exynos octacore love.
2. Call quality could be better.
3. I like the 5.5 inch screen of my Note II.
4. I like the S-pen of my Note II.
If I didn't have a Note II, I probably would bite the bullet and get a GS IV. But I do, so I won't. I will be getting a Note III, however.
115. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i hate nothing about it, not being biased, bur seriously, what could i hate ? i mean plastic is perfect IMO, doesn't get broken unlike glass, and if it was aluminum it will probably won't have removable battery, the design is good, it is comfortable in the hands, i tried GS3 and iPhone 5, GS3 more comfortable ! TWX, i dont like it much, so ? there is third party launchers ( Nova, TSF, GO ) the GS4 will probably, actually it WILL be the best device in 2013 hands down, it will sell like hotcakes !
140. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
my only knock is lack of native wireless charging... everything else i cant say i hate because i havent held it. nor used it.
145. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
"not being biased" yet your profile pic is of a Galaxy S4 and you say it is perfect?
I hate the plastic in the SIII and from what i have seen the SIV is very similiar, the reason why i hate it is because it is too slippery when in hand and it doesn't feel very solid on the hand. (probably because of the removable battery back cover?)
211. ferhv (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
I also hate the hyperglazed finish on the S3 back cover, it's so easy to get scratched and the paint do crack (mine has two spider shaped cracks from when it has fallen to the floor) i'd rather the plastic finish on the s2. why would i anyone want delicate plastic instead of other delicate but more premium materials?
160. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1038; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
The GS4 is a nice phone, but not enough to make me regret upgrading to the GS3 4 months ago! I'll wait on the Note III or a price reduction on the Note II
270. atsamman (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Its a very cool phone
But I would love to have a bit smaller phone with the same internals and a bit better design
130. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no its not okay, no pure android no deal......I would spend 1000$ for sgs4 as Nexus! Instead of that I have to survive with galaxy nexus :-(
133. SleepingOz (unregistered)
163. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Cm10.1? I've tried:
Problems with camera etc
And cm team hates sgs4, dude!
173. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
No they don't hate the phone, they hate Exynos because Samsung refuses to give proper support for their SOCs to developers. Also they said they are considering supporting the Snapdragon version of the S4.
181. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"And cm team hates sgs4, dude!"
That would be a concern. If you root, you are depending on developers who may not have the commitment/motivation to support the handset going forward.
190. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Atleast the s4 can be rooted. Want to root an HTC one? Well you can't, the bootloader is locked.
226. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
thats called not being up to date... its already unlockable and there are even roms and mods already out! ur such a hater, bro
224. MobileNico (Posts: 67; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
AOKP perhaps? everything works and it's pretty damn stable. Battery is also considerably better than CM10.1 was for me.
I love the hardware on this device, but I prefer stock Android.
187. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Here's my list of displikes:-
1. If I can switch between Pure Android and Facebook Home on HTC First. Why can't i choose to disable Touchwiz on SGS4?
2. 13 MP camera is good. But they should also include a oversampling mode that reduces noise and decreases Megapixels for online sharing.
3. A button to disable the navigation buttons so that I don't accidently press them while playing games.
191. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
#3 there are ways to disable them when you don't want them.
#2 It can shoot in lower than 13mp, just because its 13mp doesn't mean it can't shoot lower res.
#1You can get a new launcher or root your phone and run stock android.
212. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
I don't think I am comfortable with rooting my phone. And other launchers aren't smooth enough for my taste.
290. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
might as well just get a different phone..
213. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
4. Lack of OIS: I want OIS. There must be thousands of users like me who don't have 100% steady hands. And even the slightest amount of shake ends up slightly blurring photos which annoys me. So a OIS is a must for me. If HTC was able to do it. Why not samsung?
I am OK with plastic. As long as the phone doesn't break when it falls.
287. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Nokia patented oversampling tech I guess.
20. Kurai (unregistered)
i want xperia z's design, samsung's internals, and htc's UI . . . i would call it the Xperia Galaxy One . . . that would be awesoooome!!! . . .
195. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
I agree except samsung's screen as well.
225. thelukewarm (Posts: 18; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
if those three brands make a smartphone together, iphone would stop existing.....
252. cezarepc (Posts: 716; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
You forgot to include a Nokia Pureview camera.
288. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Thumbsdown? Geez, those people are blind or sourgraping. That superphone deserves the 41MP Pureview camera.
298. Kurai (unregistered)
i don't want my phone to have a huge hump . . no way