What chemicals are in your Apple iPhone 5?
0. phoneArena 04 Oct 2012, 13:29 posted on
Just the other day, the guys at iFixit decided to breakdown the chemical composition of 36 phones including the Apple iPhone 5; some of the chemicals used to produce these products, like glass cleaner n-hexane, continue to poison assembly line workers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. doejon (Posts: 289; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
what do u mean with "are in YOUR Apple iPhone 5"
better write THE apple iphone 5 :D :P
2. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
lol... iPhones cause cancer and shrink your b*lls...
21. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
not to mention they turn perfectly good human beings into sheep...baa baa :)
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Judging from the number of units sold so far - Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), benzoylmethylecgonine (Cocaine) and MS Contin, MSIR, Avinza, Kadian, Oramorph, Roxanol, Kapanol (Morphine).
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Now I see why some Apple fans turn into i$heep. It all makes sense now. lol
ilia1986 you have OPENED my eyes!
5. PAPINYC (Posts: 1956; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Wow, that's alot of iRadiation!!!
Glad my DROID RAZR MAXX isn't on that death list!
12. Zero0 (Posts: 557; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Radiation is something else. All wireless devices release electromagnetic radiation (fancy for "radio waves"). As far as I know, they don't contain any compounds which release nuclear radiation (as in Uranium).
These are toxic elements/compounds like lead and n-hexane.
Side note: I kind of cringed when the article mentioned chlorine as a heavy metal. Chlorine is a nonmetal. It's a gas at room temperature.
6. ChrisG (Posts: 34; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Great to see that my circa-2009 Captivate is in the "green zone" on this chart. Too bad I'm about to replace it. :-)
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Voluntary involvement in slow mass suicide! Lol!
8. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
And think about it. There are 5 billion of these things around (according to that infographic from earlier?) Life is danger though.
10. santijosanchez (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
I never thought that the GS3 would have more chemicals than the iphone :(
11. -box- (Posts: 3537; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Bigger and more advanced materials, perhaps?
13. medicci37 (Posts: 538; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I for one, wish there were more toxic chemicals in the ifraud. Can't imagine how a world with fewer ifans, could be a bad thing :-)
16. Zero0 (Posts: 557; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Yeah, that would be great.
This way, when 92% of them get improperly disposed, everyone gets poisoned!
The problem here is with manufacturers and disposal more so than everyday use, as far as I know.
15. nwright94 (unregistered)
Everyone's calling it poisonous when the android Jesus device isn't even in the green zone xD I wanna see where the Nokia lumia 920 or 900 stands, the 900 is still one of my favorite devices.
17. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Just about everything we use require some type of toxic material to manfacture. To clean and further aid in manufacturing are toxic/deadly industrial solvents. That airplane you flew in, the car you drove, the train you rode, the dslr you are using, and such is hazardous to our health. Try making something without certain chemicals in the matrix of a product and see how good it would last or operate.
*shrugs* Pointless article in a consumer based society.......
18. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Hahaha! Everything got poisonous and chemical ok? Don't tell me other devices made with minerals.
19. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And how much Carbon footprint for all these devices? carbon footprint by computing the footprint for each component that goes into the phone. So something like Aluminium has a much higher footprint as compared to Plastic/polycarbonate etc...
Or Global warming was a farce?
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
ifixt wants some iraditaion. they must be stupid or something just to look at some chemical that's inside of the iatom bomb and they should change their name