What can $130 buy? The brand new Huawei Honor 3C with a quad-core CPU and up to 2GB of RAM!
During the event that saw the launch of the company's first octa-core smartphone – the Huawei Honor 3X – attendees were also treated to an early glimpse of the equally impressive Honor 3C. The phone is one of the most budget-friendly offerings currently available on the market, with a 5-inch 720p display, a 1.3GHz quad-core MT6582 chipset and an 8-megapixel Sony-made camera with f/2.0 aperture. There's also a fairly-sized cell powering the device with a capacity of 2300mAh. Storage sits at 8GB with the option for microSD expansion. The Honor 3C also touts dual-SIM capabilities (GSM + WCDMA or GSM + TD-SCDMA) and even a dual-mic setup for noise cancellation. By far the best aspect of the Huawei's new phone is the price, however. The Honor 3C is currently available for pre-order for just CN¥799 ($130) for the 1GB RAM version, going up to CN¥998 ($160) for the 2GB RAM flavor. Pretty rad, no?
1. PointMaza (Posts: 60; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Wow..!! That's pretty awesome price tag for a phone like that.. but their UI is awful..
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 1423; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Luckily it's Android, you can customize it.
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1297; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yes :D root and flash that phone :D A phone for $130, I won't even have to put case and screen protector on it :D
15. Fernandezxc (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Haha! some cases might be more expensive than the phone itself
28. boardaaa (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Dec 2013)
really a good phone .and i like the screen very much . just have bought one from 1949deal with only 213.99 with gift also .
21. Doakie (Posts: 1261; Member since: 06 May 2009)
:-/ Don't say that. My Moto G is being delivered today! :-)
27. Doakie (Posts: 1261; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Just an update. Oh man I love this Moto G. Best phone $200 outright can buy! I don't regret my purchase at all.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2132; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
You can drink whatever you want on Android.
6. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Sure, it's pretty rad. If I can actually purchase it in a physical store somewhere in my country (I don't trust online stores yet)
7. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
that's a real deal, and ui is not an issue with so many launchers lying around.
9. apple4never (Posts: 955; Member since: 08 May 2013)
good phone, terrible UI, guess thats what a launcher is for
10. taikucing (unregistered)
11. GTR722 (Posts: 236; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
But WHERE can I get this phone PA...Amazon does not like Huawei phones....
12. Chris.P (Posts: 291; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Depending on where you live, availability can be quite chaotic. In some countries, Huawei phones can be had through a carrier. On the other hand, if you live in, say, the US, you're stuck with international re-sellers. Not a perfect scenario by far, but hopefully distribution channels will see an improvement in 2014.
13. elidc (unregistered)
yeah 130$ for that is awesome, but you should remember that Huawei doesn't like updating software.. ;)
17. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Could just be the image, but the status bar is clear and the symbols are white, so based of that i would say 4.4....but idk if thats enough to go off of
25. hurrycanger (Posts: 1176; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
At least you know it's Chinese...
There are worse Chinese phones that are advertised as "American".
20. Genersis (Posts: 195; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Seems it will be yet another cheap phone let down by it's mediatek GPU.
I think the Moto G is better balanced.
22. cripton805 (Posts: 940; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I would buy it. Would it work on Tmobile? I would put stock 4.4 no matter what.
23. sniper1087 (Posts: 377; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
err mediatek quad equivalent to S4 from qualcomm, nothing impressive about it.
26. Chris.P (Posts: 291; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
This is the new quad from MTK. Initial benches show performance pretty much on par with the S4 Pro (so Nexus 4 level). We'll have to wait and see, though.