What are the worst gadgets you've ever owned?
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2012, 07:00 posted on
Some gadgets are bad. Those that are bad also usually happen to be cheap. But what do you do when gadgets touted to be the next big thing turn out to be crap as well?…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
69. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
indeed. took me ages just to open a new message.
65. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I don't think N-gage deserve to be in this list, it was good phone overall, and it sold a lot in India.......
68. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
it does, i had one and i believe it deserves its spot on this list.
67. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
95% of nokia phones, but they came back to their senses and starts redeeming themselves when they teamed up with wp
70. Technosaha (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Nokia E63 the phone was really slow due to low RAM
71. bubbadoes (Posts: 340; Member since: 03 May 2012)
no doubt tie between samsung fascinate and htc thunderbolt... Worse devices ever made which gave me nightmare reminders when i was debating whether or not to get the htc dna
72. joey18 (Posts: 521; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
the blackberry storm 14 months mayme alot head its
74. Asasindude26 (Posts: 33; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
The Motorola RORC isn't that bad... actually it is :P
77. mwellscubed (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
I actually had far better luck with my Blackberry Storm than I did with my original Blackberry Curve, really wasn't a bad phone, just underwhelming.
Out of the phones I've had, I've hated:
-Audiovox 8500, just awful
-LG Chocolate, those capacitive buttons were the worst
-Blackberry Curve, kept breaking
-Droid X, not really the phone's fault I suppose, it was a combination of a dud battery and an unstable launcher
79. ˇಠ_ಠˇ (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
In your review of it you said one of the pros of the Dell Streak is that is has a "streamlined & clean look."
80. darkkjedii (Posts: 11964; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The sprint Htc hero by far, followed by the evo 4G
81. darkkjedii (Posts: 11964; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The sprint evo 4G, Htc hero, and BB storm
84. darkkjedii (Posts: 11964; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
My best device was the 3GS and the Nokia e71
86. XperiaUser (unregistered)
Samsung Galaxy Fit and Nokia 5233
88. SportDriver (Posts: 30; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Could be Nokia 6220 classic.It worked very well but look like it was built on friday evening.The build quality was horrible.
95. vincent95 (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Of course we all know the Samsung Glyde was bad with its touch screen issues, and I had a few of em. The LG Ally was pretty bad because it was outdated, slow, and always told me my memory was full, even though it wasn't full.
99. suneeboy (Posts: 165; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
This is easy! Samsung Instinct for Sprint!
100. aco96 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Samsung s8300: the worst phone ever made (the slowest ui ever, the worst loudspeaker, the worst keyboard, the worst build quality. The only thing i liked was the camera.). I'll never buy Samusung again, beacuse they make very weak, and ugly phones (Samsung used to make very beautiful phones before Galaxy series). When my Samsung d900i fell from the bench, the display was destroyed, i had to pay 100 € to replace it :(
Btw, i had replaced s8300 with the Nokia n95, which is the best phone i have ever had (along with SE w950) :D
101. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Apple iPod hahaha such a tiny screen slow proccessor
103. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
iphone 4, htc thunderbolt ,black berry torch
104. Aeires (unregistered)
Fusion Garage Grid 10 tablet. Tons of potential, never got off the ground and was a pain to load apps on. Cheap experiment that never got used.
105. Ghostrider30 (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Worst, or most troublesome I should say, was the Verizon Wireless XV6700. I could do bicep curls with it, but text, emails, and calls? Not so much. I think my best so far is this Razr M I have now. May not be best for everyone, but does everything I had hoped it would and more.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
106. ironandrei (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Nokia E6. Payd 300€ for it sold it for 170 after one month. Week vibrations, almost no notification light, and plenty more soft bugs! I h8 nokia for tricking me whit that phone
107. Jyakotu (Posts: 822; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
My first Android phone: the Samsung Intercept. My God, it was that very phone that turned me off to Android. The design was fine and I liked the keyboard, but Android ran so horribly on it. It kept freezing, I'd miss calls, and it was SLOW!!! The jump from the Intercept to the Galaxy Nexus was a like godsend.
111. shnibz (Posts: 155; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Oh God that thing was sooooo horrible! Sorry for u buddy
109. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
you consider PlayBook a worst gadget coz of its price launch?! yes, it was a huge pricetag!!! but far more capable!! and i think (and imore.com think too) it is the best below $200 7" tablet you can get!!! yeah, it dont have that much of ecosystem, but that will just be fulfill later!
i disagree with N97 too! its not that horrible! i think there's more horrible devices out there!
110. shnibz (Posts: 155; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Original kindle fire, PSP 1000 and HTC Hero
113. shnibz (Posts: 155; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Oh yeah and the 6th gen iPod nano...1st one crapped out after two months, apple replaced it and the replacement died after 2 DAYS!!!
114. tiara6918 (Posts: 1443; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Omnia 2 should have been included in the list(which unfortunately is still my phone up to now), it is just so laggy, no apps(since it runs the old windows mobile 6.5) and the build quality is terrible
116. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
i cant figure out why every article rags on the kin 2....sure it didnt live upto being a smartphone for teens as it was orignally billed for but it did wind up being one of the only feature phones at the time with a slide out keyboard that didnt require a 10 dollar data plan at the time...not to mention it had a free wifi connection in it....i own one and it was just what i needed at the time cause i wanted a keyboard to text with....only problem i had is that the cable that connected the screen display to the motherboard in the phone wore out thus knocked out my display and i had lost all my contacts and texts on the phone but luckily i found a refurbished one on ebay and a place here in town replaced the display cable and i was back in business with my old phone till i can find a smartphone worth buying....so all in all i do not consider the phone a fail at all...sure it flopped in the target area orignally designed for but wound up working out good enough for me......
117. HotCheese4 (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Samsung Transform, which I can't seem to get rid of
119. stiggy1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Nov 2008)
worst worst ever : LG Incite , period.
Nokia N75, serious bad battery life.
121. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6584; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
WORST GADGET from me 2nd generation Ipod touch sorry guys at that time i have no choice but to buy it since there wasn't any good MP3 players to compete with the crappy ipod because it only lasted me 2yrs. BEST GADGET I HAVE ZUNE 32gb TOUCH SCREEN mp3 player IT OUTLASTED MY crappy ipod 32GB 4yrs OLD STILL GOING ON STRONG. 3rd worst gadget IS MY FIRST ORIGINA PSP died in a year. 4th WORST GADGET IS MY SHYTTI Motorola Atrix. BEST GADGET i have so far is my SONY WALKMAN X almost a year old which is far better than my ZUNE touch or shytti ipod
122. llooppss (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
this one person dialog should give clear picture:
What OS you use? ==>>
Well, at least you could not have worse...
That in mie opinion describes all...
123. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
man RIM id be bothered that you had not one, but two devices that made this list...one being a more recent release. #1 worst phone definitely goes that Sega Game Gear knock-off looking N-Gage. that was a terrible idea.
128. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
HTC Thunderbolt worst? Yeah right, and you rated the phone 8.5/10, Phonearena.
129. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Dell Streak.. Bulky?!??! Any thing wrong with ur brains?? Its a thin 10mm thickness and its not at all bulky... phonearena.. i wonder whats ur thin refering to. 6mm??
137. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The thing was also taller and wider than the Galaxy Note 2 while having only 5'' screen. And it weighed 220 grams!
It was a brick
130. saravanan0011 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I don't think so Dell Streak will be the worst device, it was one of the good phone on that time, I owned it and by seeing me, 3 of the friends had brought the same phone.
And this phone has very attractiveness ever seen on owning a smartphone.
132. yajia1 (Posts: 107; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Everything made by RIM should be the worst gadget anyone can own. FACT.
135. Chrisdub (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Easily the worst is my HTC Desire. Awful amount of internal memory, a truly horrendous battery that forced me to turn off all connectivity if I wanted it to last for more than 3 hours, a screen that seemed to decide for itself when it wanted to work properly or just mess with my life, a terrible volume level, and a back that got so hot you could fry eggs on it.
136. remixfa (Posts: 13938; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Just want to start off by saying that if your going to name a phone "one of the worst phones"... at least get its features right.
The BB Storm WAS NOT a resistive screen, it was a capacitive screen with Pezio tech that made the entire screen a "button".
I had one.. I had the only magic one that worked. Barely anyone elses worked.. Kind of sad. What killed that phone was manufacturing issues out the ying yang. But hey, I can tell you from experience when it worked, it was a great device. It also had a rather healthy mod community.
140. storm.enforcer (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
for me it unfortunately still is the nokia c6
141. nwright94 (unregistered)
145. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Motorola RAZR. Was great at the time but quickly went downhill. I had all kinds of hardware and software problems. It was the last flip phone I ever had and I never looked back.
147. Googlethis (Posts: 170; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
phones/gadgets i had the most problems ware the samsung fascinate and the blackberry storm 2 both drove me up the wall my favorite are the galaxy note 2 droid dna and a sharp cell phone can't remember the model but it wasn't available in the United states. had to get it off amazon.