Weird statistics: more Indians have mobile phones than have toilets
1. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
yeah true, and phonearena will let them use theirs.
44. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I just loved your comment and 3rd time I read it and I cant control myself from LMAO!! :-D
Such a good slap on the face of "iPhone Arendroid". LOOSERS!
2. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
love the picture of how she is on the phone while cooking.. brilliant!!!!
8. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
And how do you know she is cooking??? Just saying...lol
11. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
She's not cooking,
that's her "Port-a-Pottie".
"Tonto, can you hear me now?"
14. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
Tonto?! Wrong kind of Indian you ass. Looks like we don't have to look further than this asshat right here to see uneducated
15. TheLetterD (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
No its not.
Its a large container that is used to carry milk.
These woman milk the cows they keep in their village and send it to Cities and Towns or sell it to AMUL to earn their bread and butter. Please do not be disrespectful.
38. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Amul is a brand that deals in Milk and Milk Bi-Products! And India is a must visit!
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ohhh so she is on the cellphones taking orders to deliver the milk... got it... @papinyc.. "port a pottie"...lol... thats a big pottie...lol
33. JunitoNH (Posts: 984; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
She's not cooking. She calling, "hey, I'm bringing the pot over Stephanie. We can all take a poop and then dumped it in the woods."
45. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
lol i am indian and i actually didn't get bothered :P it must be because i don't live there...anyways the reason for more mobiles than lavatories is because cell phones are reaally cheap. And most of the people use the cheap nokias anyways.
4. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
I guess having a toilet in India is a.....wait for it......#2 priority.
22. SleepingOz (unregistered)
7indians thumbs you down.. xD
39. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Oh Now its 11 and +1 from my side HA and its 12 now :-P
5. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
BTW this has less to do with Smartphone priority and more to do with the fact that country doesn't have a huge water/wastewater system already in place. Bulding cellular towers is easier than building a water system for people.
If holes in the ground where counted in this survey it would have been much higher on the toilet side. Just sayin'
18. TheLetterD (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
We DO have a good enough waste water system. The problem is poor people(majority of India) would rather build another room for their family to live rather than build a 'bathroom'.
6. chanukyakrazzy4 (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Aug 2010)
hy wat do u know abt india f**king bitchess.............
7. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well for once that they use foul language..
40. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
No wonder these foul words came from your language ancestors.
13. TheLetterD (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
What do YOU know about India?
Was their anything disrespectful in the article?
Clearly YOU don't know anything about India either. Our culture does not teach us to use fowl language ESPECIALLY when there is no need for it.
17. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
वह सिर्फ एक गधे और एक ट्रोल है. उसे ध्यान मत दीजिए.
Hope I said that right, my HIndi isn't as good as my wife's.
20. TheLetterD (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Haha I understood it. I dont know if its right or not, Im from Punjab, my first language is Punjabi! :P
25. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
My wife's family is from Madras. There is differences in the language but fundametally you can understand both.
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I know that more Indians have mobile phones than have toilets.
10. Anirbanrocks (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Well Interesting Pic!! :P
Black n white background with colour women..which camera? :P
12. Drafty (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Thanks Victor for the nonsense article on phonearena, very prejudice.
29. Victor.H (Posts: 461; Member since: 27 May 2011)
This is pure statistics by the Indian government, no prejudice here.
19. TheLetterD (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
You see its not like we DONT want a proper sanitation system in India. The Govt. Is trying their level best to spread awareness among the Uneducated and poor people about various topics Among which are Population control(Birth Control, Family planing etc.), the importance of education and proper sanitation. Its just that the mentality of the poor and uneducated does not change that easily. I tell my maid EVERYDAY not to waste water while washing the clothes, to close the tap tightly, to educate NOT only her son but also her daughters! Still she refuses to listen. And she makes her daughters work too, for that extra cash which she would need for her son's education. I tell her to not do that but then she says ''Its not easy to feed a family of 6 with my husbands and my income.''
Now I want to say that she shouldn't have a family of 6 if she cant feed them in the first place. But that would be interfering in HER life. She thinks the more kids she has, the more money they'll earn. She doesn't realize that educating and raising 2 kids would be better than having 8 working for the education of just 1.
And just so you know , education for girls in India is absolutely free.
32. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Don't worry we'll send you Obama for a couple of years which wants to give free birth control pills and free cell phone to everybody and all the problems are solved.
42. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
As the letterD dude rightly pointed out nothing's gona happen till every strata of society is educated..
41. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Reminds me of Movie Idiocracy (I.e. wrt to growing population)
he he he he he
27. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Just for the record,I mean no disrespect to the Indian people, a proud and ancient one. This article is obviously disrespectful and disdainful,and therefore should not have been written. It has nothing to do with Apple,Droid or technology whatsoever.
Just a thought.
30. Victor.H (Posts: 461; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Pardon me, how is reporting statistics related to mobile phones disrespectful?
43. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
If you really must ask,you miss the point completely.
28. Bigbluetundra (Posts: 45; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
"In the United States in 2005, less than half of one percent of the country's more than 124 million households didn't have a flushing toilet [source: U.S. Census Bureau]. In comparison, 71 percent of India's total population of more than one billion people had no access to a toilet that same year. There were an estimated 350 million public and private toilets in the United States by the mid-1990s"
India has increased its toilets by 17% in 7 years. That's a huge leap of 170 million people. Think how long it would take to install that many toilets and the necessary plumbing to go with them. I give these guys 50 years until we are as affaid of them as we are China.
35. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
he he Rather than building toilets they would build more babies ;)....
population.............wait for it......Explosion
36. myindia (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Wait till INDIA shows up as a dominant super power which ofcourse is now in the making and the South Asia (Along with China) Speaks !
37. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I would like that.... Provided India China dont run out of land due to their exploding population..
47. myindia (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Don't worry . As literacy rate gets increased, we can be better off.. and ofcourse the population of a country teeming with large young population no doubt would help the nation in its quest for man power as in the case of india.
46. vishalvenky (Posts: 44; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
toilet/mobile.. hmm nowadays people choose mobile..because toilet is the only place where people can do anything with their mobile..