Wednesday's News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- The HTC Hero in graphite color is now available on Orange UK’s site. You can purchase the hot Android smartphone at a price of £0.00… Seriously, that’s it. Okay, okay, you do have to sign a monthly service agreement but hey, we are talking about the Sense UI goodness here! (source: Orange UK)
- LG has achieved a record-high quarterly results. The manufacturer has reported that its second-quarter year-on-year net profit has seen a 25% increase, while handset shipments have increased 7.8%. (via: MobileBurn)
- Sprint is to launch its 4G network in Las Vegas, Portland and Atlanta in August. According to the carrier, the “lightning fast” speeds will be three to five times faster than the ones provided by today’s 3G networks. (source: Sprint)
- The Samsung Protector i8320 has gotten Bluetooth and Wi-Fi certified. We still do not have any information about this one, except for this short description “Linux based touch pad based multi functional smart phone.” Could this be an Android-powered smartphone? (via: SamsungHub)
- Sprint is to get the Samsung Reclaim M560 on August 16, a user at SprintGurus informs. Of course, the possibility that it won’t come out on this exact date remains. The Reclaim (aka the Chianti) won’t be your typical messaging phone, since it would be environment friendly. (source: SprintGurus)