Watch this stunning time-lapse series taken with a Nokia PureView 808
0. phoneArena 12 May 2013, 00:37 posted on
A photographer's collage reminds us how the Nokia PureView 808 still stands out in a crowd...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sadly, Symbian is dead. (sigh) Oh well, Nokia wasted a masterpiece.
2. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
How can you call this a waste when it's quite clear the ONLY OS that could've brought PureView to market was Symbian in 2012. Why bash Nokia for bringing this tech to market sooner rather than later?
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I didn't bash Nokia, Symbian is dead, which means that there are no support for those Symbian smartphones any more, including this masterpiece, the 808 Pureview, that's what I mean about "Nokia wasted a masterpiece".
7. poopApple (banned) (Posts: 38; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
symbian belle was way better than windows phone...
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree. If Symbian is not dead right now, and Nokia keep improving Symbian, the real winner will not be Samsung, it will be Nokia.
9. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
That's a getting a little overboard. Belle may be better than WP7, but let's just agree, it's not better than WP8.
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
But if Nokia keep improving Symbian (Belle), things will be different.
But they killed Symbian (Belle), so all we have to say is WP8 is better than Belle.
13. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
they cant improve symbian any more.
if they can, then it wouldnt be dead. belle fp2 is the last update that they can do in that os. they cant optimize it anymore.
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
.......which is a sad thing.
(sigh) Nokia....Nokia.....Nokia.....why kill Symbian?
25. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
actually i think it was Symbian isabelle or something like thatt was gonna bring dual core support 720p display support and alot of other things that was gonna come out 2011 same year as Symbian died and got cancelled
29. akki20892 (Posts: 3851; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
symbian have more features than WP8......and that's true.
16. SIGPRO (Posts: 1003; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Symbian Belle just got a update check Nokia website!
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, it's an update, but it's a last update for Symbian Belle, the Belle fp2 right?
26. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Nokia made a deal with Accenture
to develop and support Symbian until 2016 which is what's gonna happen there will be bug fixes app updates and if for example if Facebook or some random website changed their source code they'll send an update with the new source code support for the app
27. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Nokia is still releasing updates to Symbian Anna (and above) devices, so I wouldn't say they're not supporting it. Just sayin'.
12. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Don't worry it will be resurrected via Windows Phone and certain amount of work
22. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
there is so many proof against that
32. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nope, it was plunging, Nokia (before Elop) didn't address to its problems.
24. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
all i'm gonna say Symbian ended it's era by starting a brand new era of camera phones
3. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Wow. Looks good on my 720 screen. Wish I had a 4k tv to really appreciate it.
4. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
Awesome quality......when it comes to smartphone camera there is no better brand than Nokia...amazing quality......
6. Jack1192 (Posts: 35; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Every time I hear/see something about Nokia, Symbian, MeeGo... Just one thing comes to my mind: "F**K you Elop"
11. sukimtk (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 May 2013)
in my opinion nokia 808 is the only phone worth the price of more then 300E
18. jove39 (Posts: 1588; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Could this 41mp camera give a bump to lumia sales? Elop need to figure it out quickly!!!
20. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
OMG!!!! How many flash are there? Truly stunning video quality.
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nice chilled out music™
WP8 R.I.P. down south®
30. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i believe the reason why they killed symbian was because of windows phone, if they gave the same love they're giving to asha. symbian will hit the market well and surpass the sales of windows phone and they don't want that.
31. Avenger337 (Posts: 66; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Elop said that Symbian was a burning platform, but after disappointing results in sales and a market share almost nonexistent is clear that windows phone is actually the platform that this fire. And that windows phone 8 is good.
33. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i just love my 808 PureView more and more!