Watch this iOS 7 concept video
Meanwhile, designer F. Bianco posted an iOS 7 concept video that shows an enhanced lock screen with easy access to certain settings like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. There are even widgets although they are not presented in the same manner as widgets are on Android. The new iOS concepts are shown twice in the video, once on an Apple iPhone and the second time on an Apple iPad.
Hopefully, with all the additional help working on iOS 7, we will see Apple introduce it this June at WWDC.
source: YouTube via TUAW
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Concepts are not always real, and this video is not from Apple. The best thing is to wait for Apple introduce it this June.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4002; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That would be too logical and too reasonable.
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And I guess you love this concept right, Mr. Mxyzptlk Troll ? :P
28. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
(God or whatever help me as I say this) I think Mxy was actually agreeing with you.
29. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I was joking, I gave him a thumbs up too! (I know people will thumb me down.)
46. tedkord (Posts: 5105; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Of course he would. Then he could claim that all those things which Android has had for some time are revolutionary and Apple created them.
Let's see - widgets, drop down toggles (added tothe already stolen drop down notifications), quick connect actions from the lock screen... all things I've had on my Android phones for years.
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No Ted... Apple had drop down notifications, quad core processors, widgets, 2 gigs of ram, live wall papers, app drawers and 4 inch screens first. Man what the heck am I smoking.
56. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree with you and every things like widgets, drop down toggles etc. you mentioned are on my android phones too.
And Mxyzptlk can't change, he "overloved" Apple, and we can't blame him for an Apple fanboy, cuz there are many Sony fanboys, Samsung fanboys, Nokia fanboys etc. , but at least he must make it fair, not always Apple.....Apple....Apple......, why come to PhoneArena, if he only likes Apple? :/
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
P.S Only the designer posted this, not Apple. and the concept UI is boring.
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5918; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"The best thing is to wait for Apple introduce it this June."
If they 'introduce it this June', it will be a greater perfidious lash-up than iMaps was. It has previously taken at least 1 month to go from beta test to Golden Master for earlier versions of iOS (more like 2 months). Pulling engineers off of OSX 10.9 to work on iOS v. 7 doesn't sound like they are anywhere near a June release of iOS v. 7.
Forstall isn't around to take the blame for software failures. They better get it right the first time, even if it means a delay into 2014 for iOS v. 7.
30. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5918; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Plus, Alpha testing of iOS v. 7 hasn't even started. June is looking ever less realistic for a release month. Unless you were referring to June, 2014. ;-)
33. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Good post. They suddenly put 100 engineers on their watch iDea, and now they pull engineers from one project to focus more on another. Damage control or scrambling to catch up to innovation? But if they pull the monkey from their product naming department...they're doomed.
49. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
They should must introduce bluetooth and file manager.
15. Johnnokia (Posts: 540; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Right. Also, the side pages came from BB10, Which is also taken from Mego.
43. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Now Copying Of Android Starts !!! makes me wanna laugh !! we have been rocking these things since 2010 !!!.....HA HA HA ....
47. tedkord (Posts: 5105; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not yet. This is only a concept from someone not affiliated with Apple. What it clearly shows is the longing for Android features iOS users have, and how far behind iOS has fallen.
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Yep, android features are quite innovative, glad to see you are looking at thing better
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Apple makes excellent products that people want to buy.
- Mxyzptlk Troll
20. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
It's a concept video, relax and what Android features?
48. tedkord (Posts: 5105; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Seriously? Widgets, drop down toggles, quick connect actions from the lockscreen. I didn't even watch the whole video, and literally every thing shown that I saw has been on Android for quite a while.
52. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple should try to use those features in a unique, and partly innovative way, but they sure as heck better not try to act like they invented them. Androids taken things to such a level, coupled with wp8 innovative metro UI that's there's not much apple can do rite now. Even google is doing more refining then revolutionary things, BUT, google can get away with it...it's there stuff.
4. xcasasx (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Hmm very interesting but just ehh, not enough to make me jump from android
5. moronman66 (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Pretty good ideas I think, and most of them are realistic, the widgets would be a good addition, although I don't know how exactly they would be activated, maybe a double tap? Also the quick settings should be able to be activated from anywhere, not just the home screen, opening the settings would be just as quick sometimes
22. vincelongman (Posts: 1571; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The widgets in this video remind me of a launcher replacement called Action Launcher Pro. Action Launcher Pro has widgets called shutters, which are normal icon but you swipe up and then its a widget, like on this video. But I haven't used Action Launcher Pro before through because I don't have a Android yet, so I don't know how good Action Launcher Pro's shutters are.
26. vincelongman (Posts: 1571; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Here a quick video of Action Launcher Pro's shutter widgets
23. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Double tap? You mean 2 zero length slides? Remember this is apple we are talking about.
9. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Only if Apple would take the advice people are giving them.
Maybe then their os wouldn't be so goddamn boring and stale.
11. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I'll take, "Things Apple Will Shamelessly Steal" for $600.
14. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
The best thing in this video is the music, The White Stripes for ever.
17. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1005; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
WOW LOOK at all you guys buthurt from a concept
25. vincelongman (Posts: 1571; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Sorry its true, everything in this concept has been done before. Not sure about the lock screen swipe up for quick call through, that's a good idea I haven't seen before, but I don't have an Android, so I'm not sure if its on an App in Google Play.
The lock screen setting, icons turning into widgets, quick settings, download and shelf and mission control features are all already on Android or on Apps in Google Play.
45. Twashbush (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jun 2011)
the motorola phones lock screen does that out of the box. you can slide to one of 4 points to open the dialer, texting, camera, or unlock to homescreen.
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I think its not much interesting, more like a jigsaw, there are many non intuitive thing in there
For example he has swipe for quick settings but uses double tap for widgets, double tap is pain sometimes plus he could use swipe for the widgets... Also those quick settings on the lock screen and that options to edit within the lock screen I can see people accidentally dragging one thing into another... Not much here
21. doubler86 (Posts: 319; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
LMAO I like how the only Concept for iOS 7 is to copy everything that Android has already had for years now
36. Hemlocke (unregistered)
LMAO, I like how Android was a BlackBerry ripoff before it became an iPhone ripoff. The iPhone is the father of all modern smartphones, and it took quite a few generations of Android stealing from iOS to get where it is.
50. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
It is not about copying, it is about execution. Anybody can cram features into a phone. But it takes hard work to make them intuitive. I highly doubt apple will implement these features in iOS. And if it does it will be highly Intuitive and improve the user experience immensely. iOS is a good mobile OS. I have both the galaxy note 2 in an iPad 4. I use the iPad far more than I Use the galaxy note 2. I do not feel like the iPad 4 is missing anything.
24. dgreekstallion (Posts: 14; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
It's a s**tty concept, not made by AAPL. Don't get your panties in a wad.
32. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Apple will never take a chance to make it look good as this. Apple is lost and no idea where to go. I lost their respect.
35. joey18 (Posts: 526; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
this concept are boring so there are bett concept then this oner
37. AndrewRamirez (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
"Been there, done that. Copycat." -Android
38. rayman173 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I like the mission control idea......but it looks like the task manager on ICS just displayed in a grid format rather than a horizontal format
40. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
isn't this a fan boy article? it is pretty obvious it isn't official apple video.more over many things are copied from meego,android and bb10 too.
42. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So Fooling again Ha Ha Ha!!!
44. Muzhhur (Posts: 248; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Apple triyng to get you out of the box... but out of it its so limited! and thats cannot be called "widget" the real ones are on android and WP
53. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well, the concept is just really cool and i wish someone from apple could see it and show it to johnny ive.
it does have features from android and BB10, but all users need to know that these OS influence each other in so many things, just for all apple haters you can hate iOS but still, have some appreciation
55. Aeires (unregistered)
I almost believed it until the Widgets part, seriously doubt Apple will use widgets any time soon due to their current battery issues. Not only that, but you have to double click on an icon to activate them, so they really aren't real time data, just shortcuts to get quick app information from.
The lock screen portions seem extremely useful though, I'm sure additions like that would be greatly appreciated by iOS users.
58. flipjzn (Posts: 183; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
It's a concept made by Federico Bianco, if u think it's a copy from android features blame him not apple. It's his concept/idea.
Too many dumb defensive android os fanatics!
59. andresarb (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
That's android with an IOS theme, right??....or just a cheap copy???