Watch the first Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom promo video: 'Talk & Zoom'
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2013, 04:59 posted on
In case you haven't had connection to the Internet yesterday, Samsung announced the Galaxy S4 Zoom phone camera with 10x optical and image stabilization tech. We immediately got you a preview of the device, and now Samsung issued the first promo video for it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1162; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Another great ad for Samsung... Is it a camera, is it phone? Sweet.!.
38. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 194; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I'm sorry but this ad was extremely boring. Samsung makes good ads but this isn't one of them.
41. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
You couldn't be more wrong, this ad makes me want that damn thing.
I'm gonna wait, though, for the camera comparisons between this and the next iPhone. I think as far as camera goes, this thing will win but, I still prefer the new rainbow theme on the upcoming iPhone 5S/6.
50. felisberto (Posts: 32; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I hate how apple is using the iphone to advance a platform.
46. Johnnokia (Posts: 525; Member since: 27 May 2012)
They used to say bricks on Nokia phones looool.
When it comes to camera phone, it means Nokia and only Nokia.
Enjoy the next Lumia EOS with the 41 Mega Pixel.
56. asingha94 (Posts: 288; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Why do i care for this brick...pureview for me!!waiting for nokia eos...
78. Sauce (unregistered)
Great.. More bulk for my pocket. Yay!
14. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Well, a bit bigger I'd add to that!
Actually its almost double the EOS! LoL
27. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Actually it's width and height is smaller 808-sized while the EOS is large 920 framed, but of course the Zoom is thicker due to it's optical zoom. Weight and pocketability should be around the same, but unfortunately end experience will differ: the EOS rocks the much better sensor, while the Zoom has the much more user-friendly OS. Will the Honami have the last laugh?
33. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
You're forgetting one thing Nokia 808 was a solid durable product so as the EOS will. What about S4 Zoom?
Galaxy S4 Zoom: It's heavy, it's thick but not Tough.
23. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
NO you're wrong, EOS is a Smartphone with a Great Camera.....
So that will be Basically a Proper Smartphone with Proper Camera.
47. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
no, EOS is a phone with great camera and this is a camera with an ability to make calls. If you don't see it, you're a blind fanboy
22. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
.....and a message to world that 'beutiful girls are stupid'.lol
30. jlp34876 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
its not a phone, its not a cam, its a soap that evolves to a shoe lol
3. joey_sfb (Posts: 3003; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Pretty cool. Finally Samsung combine a cellphone and a optical zoom camera in 2013. A bit long overdue if you ask me.
5. samystic (Posts: 191; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
girl is bored... so she strolls outsides and clicks random pics and disturbs other people by sending them the pics... this ad is loooooooong and boring!
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
She over-dos her smile every after!!
She's beautiful...but i can't say the same about her toy.
6. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
People will think I'm a retard because I'm talking to a camera lol
29. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
And talking to similar sized devices a few years back, to a headset on the streets, listening via large headphones or tapping a piece of plastic on the walk is not retarded? I think the idea of this device being more retarded than others in public is itself retarded.
32. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Grow up fanboy its 2013, you don't like 2012 specs in Lumia..similarly no one likes a phone?camera? which is thicker than their a**.
60. Anti-Troll (banned) (Posts: 64; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
People thinking is right actually.
70. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
why ? he liked it, it's his oppinion, stop trying to make people look stupid, I personaly don't think I will buy this devicde, but hey, everyone has it's own taste
73. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
your name is anti-troll but you act like a troll,..what do you mean with serious?
8. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
ripping off ois from Nokia and boasting about it...great move, samsung. First apple, now Nokia.
They gazed at japansese market for too long and came up with such an abomination instead of a phone.
28. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
More like, talk on a S4 Zoom and look like a retard.
Even a friend of mine admits making calls with a phablet looks awkward, now a digital camera? LOL
40. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Because nokia invented OIS, and no they're not the first one to put it on a phone!
Butthurt hater! =]
45. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
But they are the one to make it popular and must have camera tech in phone
58. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Doesn't change the fact that nokia didn't invented OIS for phone, which nullify biased nokia fanboys' claims!
11. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Wow, what a compact camera phone!
What do Sammy fans say now?
I recall the days when they made fun of PureView 808, calling it a brick, paperweight, etc.
Waiting to see what they'll come up with NOW!
16. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
pureview 808 looked ugly as a phone and so does the S4 zoom. But most people would buy the S4 zoom as a secondary camera, because it looks great if you look at it as a camera. Adding features for calling, txting and sharing pic's would make this thing a must have for some people with spare cash.
26. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
then Samsung should market this smartphone?camera? ahh whatever it is as Camera with calling feature. Don't you think?
36. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Looking at the ad, samsung is marketing it as a smart-camera.
12. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
it looked uglier in pictures, but after seeing the video, i wouldn't mind owning one as a secondary camera with added functionality like calling, texting and of course sharing to instagram, FB etc.
18. TylerGrunter (Posts: 993; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I think the idea is sweet but the execution is far from ideal. Instead to use the 10x Zoom they should go for some ultra compact zoom (3x or 5x) with internal zoom, like in modern point and shoot cameras. That would make for a nice "not so thick" phone with optical zoom.
24. gymguy224 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
That background music was nauseating. It was like Sarah McLachlan singing a bad Lisa Loeb song. That pretty ruined the ad for me.
35. wando77 (Posts: 299; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I think a lot of girls who take pics on a night out and a lot of people with kids will be interested in this phone/camera. You all dismissed the phablet. ...now look
37. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 194; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
People be like... "This chick is cray cray. Talking on her camera and sheet"
39. p211093 (Posts: 25; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
not pocket friendly like nokia 808 or nl 920-925-928
2nd big flop model by samsung..1st galaxy camera and now this model s4 zooomm
54. Taters (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
ROFL! Pocket friendly and Nokia does not belong int he same sentence together. Fanboys these days. The Lumia 920 is more annoying in the pocket than a Note 2. The L920 is like having a heavy brick in the pocket or 4 rolls of quarters.
64. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
each quarter weighs 5.67grams. there's 40 quarters in 1 roll for a weight of 226.8 grams. the lumia 920 weighs 185 grams. so it weighs less than 1 roll of quarters. your "The L920 is like having a heavy brick in the pocket or 4 rolls of quarters." is just plain wrong. and unless you're wearing skinny jeans (cant put a galaxy s4 in the pocket of skinny jeans without risking it cracking the screen when you sit down) then the lumia 920 does indeed fit comfortably inside pants pockets. atleast mine did. this kind of comment usually comes from someone that a.) has never owned a lumia 920, or b.) is making up stuff with no truth to what they are saying. for anyone with any kind of common sense, you make yourself look bad.
75. Taters (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I have owned a Lumia 920 and you should take your advice because you look like an idiot because you obviously have never owned a GS4...
It isn't plain wrong because I said the Lumia 920 is "like" the equivalent of having a brick or 4 rolls of quarters in your pocket. Meaning it is as uncomfortable as that. It doesn't mean that is has to be the exact weight or shape. It is just as bulky btw. I hate having rolls of quarters in my pocket because I can feel the weight and the same thing applies to the Lumia 920.
And in case you you are too dense to realize this, shape plays a roll in how difficult something is to move, pocket, and carry. It isn't just about the physical weight.
If anyone is making themselves look bad, it isn't me. It is you and the guy that I just replied to that looks like an idiot.
76. p211093 (Posts: 25; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
ur right.i nown nl920 is heavy buy the construction of the body is well and good..when it takes on hand its fell is premium..and u see all samsung phone from s3 to s4 an all grand etc use cheap plastic...for eg almost same size of s4 u use htc one..all r alimiluam body..so y ss donot use this kind of material....an see nokia is making camera but the qualkit if 920 is awesome compaire to s4 galaxy camera of this zooommmmm....an galaxy camera and this phone has optical zoom leans...and in phone its not look good have a optical leans...5years nokia take to built pureview tecnology.. and u will see all the effort nokit use in this lumia phone..ss make a camera but has install android os ...ss not making effort to make a camera sensor smaller..as u can see on upcoming nokia lumia EOS...
43. Deaconclgi (Posts: 292; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
We can finally see the sensor size in the video. It has a small 1/2.33 sensor, that's smaller than the N8s 1/1.83 sensor.
I was hoping for some real camera performance and competition from Samsung. They are doing the consumer a BIG disservice with making devices that look and behave like real point and shoots but putting small sensors in them.
Come on Samsung!!!! You make real point and shoot cameras, give us some of those large sensors and great optics and stop playing us for fools by only looking the part!!!
65. nghtwng68 (Posts: 76; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
Great point Deaconclgi. Nokia has been putting out great camera phones(N95, N8, 808 Pure View) for awhile now, and main stream companies like Samsung and others are trying to top it with their versions. Good for them, but the real test will come in the output of the photos vs the like of the Nokia N8, 808PV and the iPhone. The GS4 Zoom seems oddly shaped to carrying around and/or keep in your pocket. Time will tell.
51. bootroot (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Sammy is on the right track developing his own niche market till everyone (even apple for the phablet ) copy it!
Remember all the laughings of the Samsung Note 1 ? Well they just were right.
So let them explore the real camera with real phone, and dont tell me digital zoon are equal. On my iphone it really suck and i never use it.
67. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
digital zoom is not equal with optical zoom but i'm sure there is a lot optical zoom accessory for iphone,
iphone + optical zoom accessories still more compact than S4 Zoom. the image and video quality of S4 Zoom is not great either.
so for daily life situation your iphone + optical zoom accessories is better.
52. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Next Samsung will make special pants with oversized pockets.
55. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
It doesn't look like an oversized phone to me. Not very thin , but it's small.
No oversized pockets needed here.
Having dedicated camera and phone device to carry both, need oversized pocket, though..