Watch the LG G2 announcement event live here!
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2013, 06:01 posted on
This is it, guys - if you want to be among the first to see the new LG G2, you've come to the right place! LG has kindly provided a live feed from the announcement event, so that you can all enjoy the show as it unfolds...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
There still 3 hours til it launches!!!! Why put the live feed up this early?
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5484; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Because it is easier than search for it at the last moment.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wow factor long gone because of the leaks.
9. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Yeah, thanks to the internet.
"I miss the good ol' days etc. etc. when Lincoln died I didn't know for a month! etc. etc."
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Haha...that was fun going through.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have low expectations for this phone. LG can prove me wrong, but they haven't released anything worthy of a good smartphone except the Nexus 4.
12. alexfiran (Posts: 40; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
well..this might actually be a good start:P
15. Doakie (Posts: 1286; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Hmmm. I think the Optimus G which the Nexus 4 was based on actually was where they got it right. The Optimus G was a sweet looking and performing phone.
10. Cha7520 (Posts: 214; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
I'm not sure whats going to be different from this phone versus the LG Optimus G Pro. Both are 1080p, but one is 5.5" display the G2 is going to be a 5.2" (higher ppi). The G Pro actually has a 3,100+ mAH battery and I think this phone only will have a 2,510 or 2,600 battery, so thats not as good. The volume button is on the back near the camera...I don't see how that is "evolutionary". Also I think both will have a 13 MP camera and 1080p video. The only big differnce is that the H Pro has a Snapdragon 600 processor, where this phone will have a 800. It just seems to me that LG wanted to do a "one up" on Samsung and release a Snapdragon 800 processor because they knew the GS4 would only have a 600 processor. (Now it looks like Samsung is going to be realeasing a SG4 variance with a Snapdragon 800 processor) I just fail to see the BIG difference between this phone and the G Pro....but, I'll have to wait and watch :-)
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The CEO's accent is really thick but at least he tries.
20. Gulenkov (Posts: 48; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Amazing flagship with amazing features. So, Moto X is similar to it...
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
LG G2 > Moto X.
I'm not fully sold to the phone but from the livestream, there's no way the Moto X is better.
23. lonestrider (Posts: 85; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
LG: "Look, what we've learned from you, Samsung... Copying..."