Watch another funny Google Voice Search vs Siri skit
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2012, 07:40 posted on
Both services present themselves with a various degree of success, yet Android Jelly Bean's Voice Search evidently has the upper hand, as it is tied up directly with Google's world class search results, and shows them in a snap...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
lol siri and stallions. Is Apple watching this, they must be embarrassed.
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4808; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I guess Siri believes in eating horse meat. lol
That was so funny how she kept insisting in showing her the picture of that stallion.
14. Cyan3boN (Posts: 444; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
siri is nothing without google, Google the king maker. ANDROID for life
2. marchels14 (unregistered)
siri is stupid.
3. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
There are only 2 reasons why I'd watch her videos and they're wasted on advertising.
18. whothisperson (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 May 2012)
Same but I have to say her ad about jackthread did get me and made me check it out lol
5. Ohrules (Posts: 327; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
"i do not understand 'is voice search better than siri'. shall i search the web for you?"
6. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Voice search alone gives Siri a run for it's money, what about Google Now? Overkill.
19. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
This video was overkill. Siri doesn't automatically display pictures/content from google. No matter how many times you ask it to it won't so there's no point in asking 4-5 different times.
But in terms of comedy, the video was pretty funny not gonna lie.
21. jroc74 (Posts: 5986; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
But isn't that part of what makes Google Now better? Less steps when it needs to go further. Siri suggests to search the web and I assume you have to tell it? Dont really know...
It did show results of the game, like Siri. For other stuff it gave search results. Damn near dead on accurate results too.
IMO....looking at the game results...Apple spent more time on how Siri looks than on how Siri functions. How it looks n feels has always been more of a priority for Apple with the iPhone. Siri did show the inning by inning results, while Google Now just showed the final score. it can be argued both sides about which is better. In Google Now's defense....just the final score made for a faster result.
7. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Maybe now people will understand why everyone has been calling Siri a gimmick...
My girlfriend's dad challenged her to find a sushi place nearby;
Girlfriend: "Where can I get sushi in xxx, Rhode Island."
Google Now: *Lists places to get sushi in xxx, Rhode Island."
Girlfriend's dad: "Where can I get sushi in xxx, Rhode Island."
Girlfriend's dad: "Dammit."
8. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
i was laughing my heart out! siri keep on insisting the stallion! hahaha! nice one google i was impressed!
9. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
lol, siri is so interested in Stallions. That was really HILARIOUS!
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow.. im nearly in tears. "would you like me to search for pictures of stallions" lololol
after all that fanboy BS about "siri this, siri that", it doesnt just get put to a little shame.. it gets put to penn state sized shame. (i can make that joke, since im from PA originally..lol)
13. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Now all we have to see is what happens when you ask JB what the best phone is and watch it pop up unbiased search results vs. Siri asking if you want to search for a picture of a stallion.
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I think voice search is more fast and accurate because is able to transcript every word individually on real time, by the time you stop asking the query the app does not need to send your text to a server wait for the server to respond and start searching, also this proves what I've been saying Google has been conditioning everything for a while in order to make it more accurate. its experience in trying to understand what the user is looking for is far superior than apple currently has to offer, Google is not only a search engine but a source of knowledge.
16. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ROFL .... Siri looks sick it needs some medicen and yes it actually is hiumiliation to APPLE faced plam > APPLE
20. jroc74 (Posts: 5986; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
But...but...but....Apple is the only one innovating.....
Like I said before...Google Now vs Siri....
22. jroc74 (Posts: 5986; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Gotta add this:
The limo part...Siri thought she said Tiffany airport limo driver....
Seems like Apple needs to work on the voice recognition...The ...scallion....one was a perfect example.