Watch an iPad 2 meet its maker in a lava pit
A small case company made this publicity stunt, trekking to a place near one of Hawaii's volcanoes, and getting up close and personal with the hot furnace of melted lava slowly making its way down. The CEO hung an iPad 2, which was rotating pictures of the company's products, on a pole, and started torturing Apple's slate for the joy of all Android fans nearby.
We kid, but the iPad 2 did perform for a while, then showed the overheating warning we are accustomed to from the days we saw Apple's gear baking on a barbeque grill in another stunt, and gave up the ghost. Watch the pointless marketing experiment in its entirety in the video below.
1. phungn (Posts: 26; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
dont quite see the connection between the case and the ipad. I thought it was going to be something crazy like the ipad survives lol.
5. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
LOL... i know what you means :)
Seriously they can donate that tampad to someone else that can't or don't have the financial to get a tablet
6. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
what the f*ck?????
NO CONNECTION with THE CASE!!!!
I guess thats why it was pointless!!!!!
7. mio15 (Posts: 33; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
Hardware torture should make everyone who visits this side sad... :(
8. buncookie (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
If you want to buy an Andriod tablet you don't go through all that trouble. : )
9. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
You know ... I was surprised the iPad faired as long as it did.
11. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I don't understand the point of this except to play with some fire. Oh well.
12. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
How dare he tortures a quality product. Why not field test it on an Android tablet since no one cares for them anyway?