Watch a Chinese granny trying to stop Microsoft’s Surface launch event
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2012, 06:10 posted on
Yesterday, Microsoft officially launched Windows 8 and its Surface tablet with huge events across the globe. How did it go?…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1320; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Microsoft ,what r u doing ....microsoft....stahp!!!
23. Topcat488 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I had to laugh out loud too man... The only thing that pissed me off though, is that she STOLE the show... The cameraman just left the nice looking, out of step dancers. And filmed iGranny and iMom instead, and boy did she look mad.
46. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
no granny just wants to dance with the dancer..unfortunately shes out out of track with choreography..haha nice try granny xD
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lmao is she an iGranny? Lol
22. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Nice to see you went through with the sex change Wendy! ...nice pic?
30. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
No. Perhaps you are.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Microsoft too noisy...you wake up grandchildren.
I know karate...i kill you!!
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Microsoft too noisy...you wake up grandchildren.
I know kung-fu...i kill you!!
6. MeoCao (unregistered)
Oh, was she sent there by some1... Apple? We know that iPad is seriously threatened by Surface
7. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Tim Cook was worried about the Surface launch and could not sleep, so his grandmother came to ruin... I meant, save the day.
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
she still on earth?? I though Granny Cook is now hanging with Steve Jobs already, apologies for my rudeness...
8. tigermcm (Posts: 693; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
im a lil confused? was this outside in a neighborhood? why would it wake your grandchildren???? explain granny
9. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Granny shouldn't worry about grandchildren waking up rather she should make sure some of them don't sell of their kidneys to buy a certian fruit delicacy :D...
12. ChineseMuscle (Posts: 47; Member since: 15 Nov 2008)
That is the point of posting this comment?
13. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Did you mean what is the point of posting this comment?
40. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Thumbs down for what its true isn't it, I mean every one would love to own some sort of premium tablet/pad but why sell organs for it, isn't that crazy. I find it ironical that workers in china work 16-18 hrs in a day for pay as good as peanuts and then teens from the same nation sell kidney to buy one.
15. G3Sidhu (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
lol...they are rude.... they should handle an elderly with care! even people might call her that she might be an iGranny!
btw... love the song they're playing!!! OH! by South Korea's most popular and #1 Girl Group---GIRLS' GENERATION!! love my ladies! :)
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
Hey I just kidding tho... yeah i feel bad for calling her iGranny... sorry tho :(
25. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
the only comment that related to granny, other always talk about competition no matter what is the article. the security seems do not understand how to respect elder. btw this is china where human treated like a dog
but yeah soshi jjang :)
28. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
a sone?! wow... never expect to see a sone here! :)
34. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh my gosh!!! soshified!!!!!
sone the best! :)
18. pookiewood (Posts: 566; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Apple Fanboys......err girls will stop at nothing!! :p
19. marchels14 (unregistered)
apple payed her to do it.
20. -box- (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Might just be a legitimately concerned grandmother.
21. Captain_Doug (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
She was never seen or heard from again....
24. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
DONT YOU WAKE UP MY GRANDBABIES WITH YOUR DANCING AND FUN AND TECHNOLOGY!!!
26. 7ceez (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Sep 2011)
Couldn't help but laugh that was to funny lol
27. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Grandma can i sell kidney for surface? What! You no sell kidney for surface! You sell for iPad only! I mad now! I go on stage with sexy girls! Show iMad MS!
29. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i really feel sorry about the elderly...they should really treat her right!!!
and for once people!! stop thinking about the competition!!!!
why always put a blame to others? are you pressured or stress?
31. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
this is china where they kill children to control population, murder you in the streets for speaking out against the government, and where people only have the slightest illusion of rights.. not actual rights.
35. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i guess history is lost now... according to my teacher before, china has a strong bond for the family and respects the elderly!
its disgusting how the world change...
32. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6254; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
THIS HAVE TO BE THE WORST LAUNCH party I've seen O_0
36. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Sorry to say, but the granny kind of had it coming.
39. tiara6918 (Posts: 1357; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I couldn't think of what could happen if snsd were the ones dancing during the surface tablet launch event.
41. speckledapple (Posts: 878; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
No clue what that was about but at least the dancers were lookers lol
42. rsxl5 (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Well, if it was in China the question here is why song is in Japanese...
Taking into consideration:
- current tension between China and Japan concerning DiaoYu Island,
- anti-Japanese protests that took place in China during last 1-2 month,
- reported attacks on people having Japanese brand stuff (cameras, cars, etc) where property was destroyed,
it's really takes a genius to pick up Japanese song to promote one of your biggest events.
Maybe granny wanted to protest against the island issue not against Surface :)
43. mydi.maus (unregistered)
granny stole the show,so this event was held @ grannys back yard thats why kids couldnt sleep...