Watch "Word Flow," coming on Windows Phone 8.1, set a new record for fastest text on a touch-screen
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2014, 23:56 posted on
For the most part, the virtual QWERTY on Windows Phone has been hailed as one of the best features offered by Microsoft's mobile OS. Coming with the Windows Phone 8.1 update is a new feature that just might make the QWERTY even better. It's called "Word Flow" and is similar to Swype. Using your finger, you slide from letter to letter on the screen, to spell out words...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. akki20892 (Posts: 3795; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
If lowest budget lumia is doing this fast then what about other OEM lowest budget phone. I don't think so, because its powered of wp and Nokia.
7. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
gaurav sharma you Indian typ faster than talk!!
8. Derekjeter (Posts: 608; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
If only the camera shutter was this fast on WP would be nice.Lol!!
13. papss (unregistered)
If only you knew something about WP... There's this thing called blink.. Not sure if you heard of it
14. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
n guess which OS the best camera phone is running???..lol at you..
19. akki20892 (Posts: 3795; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
There is difference between your high end phone's photo quality and 1020's photo quality.
10. 90ninjas (unregistered)
Pretty sure this was broken by another Android keyboard. Keymonk keyboard for Android. Look it up; the guy gets the sentence in like 18.2ish seconds.
15. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
the one shown here is the new native keyboard not some add on or 3rd party keyboard.. :-/
11. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Starting to hate swype, starting to really hate LG's keyboard. Soon my anguish will be dampened by the m8 and everything sexy that comes with it
18. GoBears (Posts: 425; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Good news indeed. Everytime I switch to my 928 I keep trying to gesture type because I'm so used to Google's keyboard.
20. smacsteve (Posts: 54; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I can't wait to get this update on my 1520! It's just going to be bit hard to swipe that fast on a screen that large with one hand. LOL.
21. Stuntman (Posts: 828; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
This in no way is indicative to how people would actually type. This guy obviously practiced this sentence a lot. To impress me, do a standard typing test that lasts 5 minutes where you don't know what you will be typing beforehand and see how many words per minute you can type.
23. irbaaz (Posts: 157; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
So what do you think previous record holder didn't practiced !!!!
24. hurrycanger (Posts: 1502; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I don't think it's any better than Swype or Google Keyboard (and other keyboards alike). But what's good is that WP will get gesture typing. It's a sweet feature.
30. elitewolverine (Posts: 3475; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
the keyboard, wp keyboard has been touted as the best, swyping this fast proves the layout and design to be 'best' and that he practiced a lot.
26. airisoverrated (Posts: 30; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
We've been waiting for it and here it is. I'm glad it seems to work so well. Its one option that was definitely needed. Still not sure why iPhone hasn't added an option for this. For those who haven't used this, it can be much faster than standard typing.
This needs to be added to Windows 8 as well.
27. Topcat488 (Posts: 1248; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I wonder what the actual text read... Too bad they didn't show the finished results, with all the "auto-correct" add ons... I bet it read "The favorite-toothed pancakes of the generics bla bla bla, are the most firerot fish in the world". Hahaha
Next time show what he typed or people will think this is fake and a commercial like always.
31. elitewolverine (Posts: 3475; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
it has to be accurate, you can watch it and check it out other than this sites links. Hardly doubt you did that much work in the first place with this post.
32. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 936; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Not really used to using it on my Nexus 5, but I occasionally tend to use it. Having a feature does not mean I have to use it, so better to have it and NOT use it... than NOT have it, and want to use it.