Watch Samsung Unpacked 2013 livestream here (Galaxy Note 3 and Gear smartwatch expected)
"Note the date 04.09.2013 Berlin," Samsung teases and all eyes, of course, are on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The third-generation phablet is expected to feature an even larger and sharper 5.7-inch 1080p display and the S Pen stylus. We also would guess Samsung is using the latest Snadragon 800 chip in it, but we’ve got to admit that this time the Koreans really have managed to keep leaks to an absolute minimum, and we’re in for a surprise.
The same can be said about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Gear. Just a few days ago, first leaked images showed a prototype of the smartwatch that’s expected to come with a 3” display, and now everyone is eagerly awaiting to see whether Samsung can pull off a truly innovative device in a brand new category.
It will all start in mere hours and Samsung will live stream the event on YouTube. For those of you who cannot watch it live, we have a liveblog that will keep you posted. Stay tuned.
1. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Samsung Galaxy Note III + Samsung Galaxy Gear = Sammy FTW.
12. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Note 3 maybe but I don't think Gear = FTW even if it comes with Note
13. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Can I fast forward the video?
26. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
WHAAAAAT?????? Look at the SMARTWATCH!!!! LOL
31. Commentator (Posts: 2909; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Looks like Michael H. was right all along, that design is final.
33. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
43. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
nothing comes close to the note 3 except maybe Sony honami
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Here's hoping it will be more exciting and less tech-fail than the Sony event.
42. E.N. (Posts: 2577; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
This event was such a snooze...
Is it just me or was the entire event just a little awkward with the whole back and forward Q&A style?
8. hellonerds (Posts: 273; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
At work watching this on my soon to be replaced GS3 :) note 3 here I come.. But no smart watch for me
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9846; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same. Bigger battery + Full 1080p Super AMOLED goodness!
11. hellonerds (Posts: 273; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Note 1 user :) my GS3 feels so small now.. Rooting makes battery last long and plus removes carrier crapware and some Samsung stuff that I won't be using..
14. imkyle (Posts: 1051; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
This guy has the stupidest glasses on. Who ever told him to get white frames makes him look like a tool.
15. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That's just incredible marketing. Even The Verge guys are cheering haha.
18. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 736; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Hmm i am reviewing right now but i cant help to check this site every hour.. Note3 unveil yourself!!! The thing that will surprise me most is if it will be constructed with carbon fiber material.. haha WHATEVER!!! IM EXCITED!!!
Sent from my UBERSUPER NOTE2 lols
20. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Can't wait to have a watch with a 10 hour battery.
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9846; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Well that was a creative way to introduce the watch lol.
25. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Lol Sammy just mocked Google with a smartwatch.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9846; Member since: 14 May 2012)
September 25th. Brb, marking my calendar right now.
29. Biglurr54 (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Samsung needs a new head of marketing. Cool products ... Worst unveiling ever!
32. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Not glossy back yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
35. Gaurav008 (Posts: 294; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
What am I supposed to do? Its npt available on mobile? :'(
36. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
who is the douche with the ridiculous glasses?
44. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
apple has wayyyyyyy to much work ahead of them to catch up. its not even possible. Samsung is just better than they will ever be, except in the smart watch design category. where is the flexible display!
40. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
they say that HTC insert small battery.. this time HTC won :P
41. eggkingmaster (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Comparing the 2 events today. i feel much more xcited about the z1. just a personal opinion