Watch Samsung Galaxy S4s get their groove on doing the surround thing in a Group Play demo
0. phoneArena 22 Apr 2013, 08:03 posted on
The feature is accompanied by playlists creation and sharing, nice visualizations, and so forth niceties for enhancing the Group Play effect. Now that Galaxy S4 handsets are already out and about, it's no surprise that we are getting live demos of the functionality, and it is coming to other Samsung gear, too, so check out the video demonstration inside...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Amazing! Imagine playing the song below using Group Play, and using 8 Galaxy S4s together!
31. AnTuTu (Posts: 1575; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Best smartphone ever in the history so far.
36. cheetah2k (Posts: 1475; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Apple must be looking at this and then going "WTF else can it do??" Gotta admit whether anyone uses these features or not, Samsung have surely got their schizzle together on the SG4
39. Daftama (Posts: 614; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
The same amount of ppl widget will use these features...I think less lol average person doesn't even know that samsung has these features they be like everyone bandwagon a phone...dont get me wrong its a great I will be getting because of the power behind looks suck lol...but majority are idtios lol
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
15. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 468; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
It's a very cool feature, but how functionality will it be for daily use? I think that's the standard that he took
29. joey_sfb (Posts: 5184; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Actually it encourage teens to get S4. They get to burst their favorite tune during break.
Its also useful if your friend has a s4 and you need temporary loudness to heard a clip in public.
5. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
release it already .. so i can root the darn thing!
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
LOL! It is a perfect tool using which you and your friends can easily piss off someone in a public places. :D
23. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Or just get something thats much cheaper than a bunch of S4s that sounds much better like a Sony xplod.
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Seems that you didn't get whole idea. :)
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3584; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What if one S4 user don't have the same file? Large pdf files, lengthy HD videos and stuff like that.
Will it still work too?
17. Deadeye37 (Posts: 160; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Yup, just share it first with that quick share feature (don't remember the official name).
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3584; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Do you think that even makes sense?? Why would anyone want to share it first to another device just to group play?? I thought this would be some kind of wireless screen mirroring.
33. MultiYouTroll (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
you don't make sense.. why wouldn't you share a file if not for the group play?
35. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3584; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Jezz! So You'll share files only for the sake of showing off the group play feature?
And not for keeping the file to yourself? That kind of defeats other file sending features.
37. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Oh my.. educate urself,
U just find urself as a hater and talk nonsense excuses and discredts against d s4
40. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3584; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Educate yourself first...i don't hate any device!!
11. Ninetysix (Posts: 2285; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Those are Galaxy S3 phones. You all got trolled.
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You must be really blind then, this ain't no ip4 -ip4s!
Same design cues doesn't mean same exact design.
The GSIV actually looks much better than the GSIII.
22. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
S3 and S4 has no difference in apperance.
I think it should really just name it S3s.
24. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Its different, if you can't tell the differences between an s3 and s4 your probably an idiot.
27. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Please do us a favour, go see an ophthalmo..
21. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Actually there's an iPhone app named Seedio that lets you do the same thing.
25. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
With NFC, oh wait Apples too good for NFC.
26. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I agree that the iPhone doesn't have NFC, but i just wanted to say that this is nothing new, and you're not just limited to music on your phone, but you can also use Youtube.And this app launched back in summer 2012!
( And this app has a MUCH nicer UI than Group play!)
14. Ninetysix (Posts: 2285; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Not impressed by those S3s. These guys made a cooler video using iphones.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
LOL! Interesting after how many unsuccessful attempts they finally had "synchronized" video without NFC...
And how many hands or legs they would need to "synchronize" more devices... :D
34. vladd100 (Posts: 56; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
sooo.....the sound of 4 pieces of that thing combined,will be equal to 1 htc one sound..
that's fair ...
38. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I find the multiplayer gaming and sharing something like a graph where each GS4 can circle or point to the graph a much better way to market this. Who cares about sound? WiFi direct has much more powerful uses like in a board meeting. Samsung should market it as group share instead of group play and put a business spin on it instead.