Watch Nokia Lumia 920 sized up with the iPhone 5, demoed with accessories, and operated with a spoon
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Sep 2012, 05:44
Today we've got a video where the Lumia 920 is sized up with the thin Apple iPhone 5, another demonstration where it gets shown together with the colorful accessories built for it, and last, but not least, a test of that gloves-on touchscreen that can be operated with anything, it seems, even cutlery...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gunnroses posted on 27 Sep 2012, 05:50 7 8
Hope Nokia with its innovative technology will try android sooner than later. They are better than Samsung in almost everything except for processor
5. No_Nonsense posted on 27 Sep 2012, 05:58 17 1
Why do people need everything on Android? Duopoly/monopoly is not good.
15. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 07:05 7 2
Sure, but it will be much better if Nokia have phones for both WP and Android.
16. No_Nonsense posted on 27 Sep 2012, 07:20 3 0
Much better comment.
21. drahmad posted on 27 Sep 2012, 08:07 2 2
yes. but it will require budgets. it will divide the attention of nokia's software division. make them vulnerable to patent attacks. etc. instead if nokia makes a dual boot phone with main attention on WP and android as a secondary OS
30. Hafiz posted on 28 Sep 2012, 01:19 0 0
Dual boot is not a good idea!
8. AliNSiddiqui posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:01 5 0
It has a way better processor than Exynos... especially for developers...
17. Putyong posted on 27 Sep 2012, 07:34 4 0
This will answer your question.
19. BillyG posted on 27 Sep 2012, 07:59 3 3
android will only ruin nokia. if i can't have WP8, i'd rather have Blackberry OS on it than crappy android.
2. wendygarett posted on 27 Sep 2012, 05:53 3 19
Wow you don't need to buy an overpriced spoon to operate the iPhone 5!!!
That's fantastic Apple!!!! You are my money saver XDXD
6. PhenomFaz posted on 27 Sep 2012, 05:58 9 0
Hmmm yeah I agree but its better than the iPhone 5 which has touch responsiveness issues and it can't even register finger touches properly courtesy shabby in-cell touch panel and buggy iOS 6 :)
14. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 07:02 5 0
Looks like 7 people didn't get the joke.
23. -box- posted on 27 Sep 2012, 08:24 5 0
I dunno, it's wendy, can be hard to tell if serious or joking.
3. eisenbricher posted on 27 Sep 2012, 05:55 21 0
NOKIA=INNOVATION, that's it.
Lets revive this company people...
7. Droid_X_Doug posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:01 1 6
Except that the iP5 is available now, as opposed to some time in the future for the L920. People who are wanting to buy a new Toy want to buy it now, not at some unknown time in the future.
9. eisenbricher posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:08 5 0
It's much better than releasing an incomplete set and using 'Reality Distortion', agree with me, right? And anyway what we see in the vids aren't CG renders, it's the actual working piece of hardware.
10. Droid_X_Doug posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:41 1 6
"...it's the actual working piece of hardware."
Except no one can buy it. If you can't buy it, it effectively doesn't exist. If it doesn't exist, it is basically a fairy tale.
12. eisenbricher posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:44 4 2
ugh.. what a stubborn reply. I could care less.
13. Droid_X_Doug posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:56 0 4
You know, I was thinking that about your earlier reply.
22. ahhxd717 posted on 27 Sep 2012, 08:20 1 0
"If you can't buy it, it effectively doesn't exist. If it doesn't exist, it is basically a fairy tale."
What? I like how you try to present that as logic, but it's not logical at all. It doesn't exist, that's why people are using it in the videos above.
26. Droid_X_Doug posted on 27 Sep 2012, 14:10 0 0
Lets try going back to the first premise that you quoted - If you can't buy it, it effectively doesn't exist. Can you buy the L920 anywhere?
The truth will set you free....
28. eisenbricher posted on 27 Sep 2012, 23:23 0 0
Oh my god! you are soooo right!!! Congratulations for possessing larger brain than the whole human race. Now enjoy it.
27. Droid_X_Doug posted on 27 Sep 2012, 14:11 0 1
What about those who die while waiting? Did good time come to them?
20. save2p posted on 27 Sep 2012, 08:01 0 2
Cool, ive missed having a phone that makes calls in my pocket and does god knows what in your pocket/bag when your walking around!!!!
I think ill stick to phones which just respond to my finger.
31. Rocksteady posted on 28 Sep 2012, 01:37 0 0
I think you have some point, since the phones screen responds to the lightest touch, will it mean that while the phone is in my pocket and received a call, the phone will self answer or reject it? and maybe more touches will lead to more stuff? like opening menus, calling people randomly, launching apps...etc. I believe the probability is there.
24. Reverence posted on 27 Sep 2012, 09:56 0 0
Useless.......man have fingers,thank god.....no 1 is that cruel and idiot that he will use fork instead of finger or a stylus!!!
glove things good but not fork thing!
25. wanted posted on 27 Sep 2012, 11:48 0 0
nokia should bring its lumia 920 goodness in midrange phones....i cant afford 40k rupees phone..in india it will b costlier than s3 nd note,and only priced below i5
32. Rocksteady posted on 28 Sep 2012, 01:38 0 0
It can be operated with a shotgun.
Have a nice day.