Watch Joe Rogan go all bow and arrow on the iPhone 6 sapphire display
0. phoneArena 21 Jul 2014, 09:18 posted on
It's been a weird iPhone leaks season so far. We've never had so many claimed dummies, prototypes, display panels, and other assorted parts of the alleged iPhone 6 bandied about. They've been shot from every angle, sized up with the other players in the iPhone and even Android portfolio, and even destroyed for our viewing pleasure. Either Apple doesn't care that much about leaks anymore, or they can't prevent opening the floodgates that starts from the drawing boards and assembly lines now. Alternatively, the iPhone 6 might turn out to be radically different than what we've seen so far, which would be the ideal scenario, as we have the feeling we've already seen it all...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1886; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
That actually looks fun to do. With iPhone 6's screen or not.
2. buccob (Posts: 2452; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I prefer scratches instead of shattered pieces of glass/sapphire... So far the material+ASF on my old Xperia has survived countless falls to hard floor (no arrows yet) and the screen is still perfect.
I used it for more than a year with a second screen protector (on top of the ASF) and recently I took it off and it looks like new... Now I use it as new with a couple of scratches with no cracks
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
One of the reasons why I think that Apple chosen Sapphire Glass is because word Sapphire sounds "load" so it is good for marketing because tech incompetent consumers will be thinking that it is made of real Sapphire while it is not.
7. Ninetysix (Posts: 2195; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Gorilla Glass is made out of real gorillas. They're almost extinc now :( Oh and you don't want to talk about Dragontrail glass....Come on PAU, think broski.
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Ninetysix your example is stupid!
What I wanted to say is that a lot of people have heard about natural Sapphires used in jewelry but not many will know that there is such thing like industrial Sapphire.
12. Ninetysix (Posts: 2195; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Oh they're industrial gorillas? Makes sense now. Did apple give sapphire glass its name or someone else did? I hope you will say the same thing when other manufacturers starts using sapphire glass on their handsets.
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You clearly understand about what I'm talking about so why you so hard trying to make a fool of yourself?
16. Ninetysix (Posts: 2195; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
What is industrial Sapphire made out of? Is it real sapphire or not? :)
17. steedsofwar (unregistered)
That guy thinks orange juice has no orange in it.
8. Finalflash (Posts: 2547; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It isn't even that much, the people at Apple are idiot milking geniuses. If someone breaks the glass on the new phones, it is likely only Apple can repair it. Guess how much money they'll make off of this. They'll probably sell tons of extended warranties too. They probably did research and found that the vast majority of their user base (children and elderly) keep breaking their screens. So milk these people and milk them hard is the strategy. It will also probably pay of amazingly.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes it is also true, I also was thinking about that.
19. AlikMalix (Posts: 3990; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Anyone know WHERE to go to repair an HTC m7 or m8 screen (it cracked)... There's absolutely no one in my area that can replace it. Take it anecdotal if u wish, but it is difficult to find a vendor to replace screens for most android phones due to their lack of numbers.
iPhones, well, new 5s or old 3GS, vendors are ready, craigslist is ready, apple store is ready.
I'll take the can replace over cannot (for those that still dont get it).
20. sgodsell (Posts: 2802; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I hope you know that if you ship back your HTC m7/m8. They will fix it for free. If its within 6 months of purchase.
5. malakas87 (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
Why don't you also test in with a nuclear explosion....???
10. xq10xa (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Train by day. Joe Rogan Podcast by night. All DAY!!
13. jibraihimi (Posts: 741; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I am waiting for Joe Rogan to take shot at Nokia 3300 with his arrow........ :)
14. Jason78 (Posts: 218; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
These guys failed at the basic rules of shooting safety. I count 3 guys standing in front of the shooter!
18. steedsofwar (unregistered)
I thought I was the only one thinking the same thing
21. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Joe Rogan is this generation's Liberace...annoying, useless, talks a lot, and, unfortunately, everywhere...