Watch HTC Windows Phone event full video here: “we’ve sold more Windows Phone than anyone”
What’s more, Microsoft’s chief executive Steve Ballmer appeared on stage with HTC’s head Peter Chou to showcase the products and himself said that the gadgets are “truly a Windows Phone hero devices.”
HTC underlined that not only it has “more experience making Windows Phone than anyone,” but is also the company that has “sold more Windows Phone than anyone,” and anyone here sounded like a pretty clear jab at Nokia, the company that bet its future solely on Windows Phone.
HTC and Microsoft’s admitted that’s their “biggest endeavour yet” and the Taiwanese phone maker also stressed that the two have “one of the longest standing partnerships” in the mobile industry.”
With those ailing Nokia Windows Phone sales, we wonder how Nokia felt after that. Check out the full event below, it definitely offers an interesting spectacle for those following the mobile drama story.
1. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
I had an HTC Touch Diamond with Win Mobile 6.1. Still such fond memories of that handset that an 8x is my phone for 2013.
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It is just me or HTC CEO Peter Chou's has said "Please wisit my girlfriend Steve Ballmer!" (from 5:00 to 5:10). LOL! ;D
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Please welcome my girlfriend Steve Ballmer!" *
37. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
"... and you know what happens when Steve is excited"
I iterally laughed at that LOL, along with the audience watching...
42. wp7tribes (Posts: 52; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
i like steve ballmer his honest and he likes his company he deserve my respect
2. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Interesting assertion by HTC. I thought Nokia owned half of the WP market?
3. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
You forget that Pocket PC to Windows Mobile 6.5 falls under the Windows Phone category.
7. Hemlocke (unregistered)
That would be semantics, considering the clean break between Windows Mobile and Windows Phone. Different names, different styles, etc.
29. pookiewood (Posts: 566; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
He clearly meant Windows phones as apposed to Windows Phones.
5. haseebzahid (Posts: 1813; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
nokia came in late by that time HTC was top WP sailer but nokia had quite big share after coming in
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
Agree... But unfortunately Nokia has put all his egg to one basket... Which is really risky
You know what i mean don't you? :)
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
hahahaha what the heck is that avatar wendy :)
25. wendygarett (unregistered)
Just feel ashamed recently...
30. wendygarett (unregistered)
Let's keep that as secret ok? :)
33. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
hahahaahha ok wendy :)
you crack me up i swear...
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nokia is going down the drain, cause of Eflop.
6. medicci37 (Posts: 615; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
If I get a windows phone, it will probably be a Nokia.
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and honestly, a lot of people when you say Windows Phone, they'll choose or say Nokia like when you say android, they'll think about samsung!
34. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1121; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
well you cant help it. blame apple. if you think of ios, you think of iphone only right? besides, nokia is the reason why windows phone is being noticed today
39. pegasso (Posts: 137; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
when you say Nokia, people will mention Symbian.
but when you say Windows phone, people will think about HTC (MWG/O2XDA/iMate/Qtek) and... Samsung...
40. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1121; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
whats wrong with symbian? it is the best at multitasking ,more power friendly, more capabilities and more features. ive seen belle fp2 OS its the best... you can only complain the apps # , built in browser and elop.
but not too much on elop,because he made windows phone the new os of nokia
45. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
agree with you!!! SYMBIAN is the BEST MULTITASKER for a phone OS EVER!!! its still alive even you open many apps!
and yes the only problem with it is its browser, # of apps and elop!!
belle FP2 is really amazing!!! and even belle refresh on N8 and other products are so fluid!
i think belle FP2 is at its finest yet! really like the fluidity of the OS's UI!!!
44. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
well actually your right about that.. that when you think of nokia its symbian..but what i talk about is on these days now!
but im talking about worldwide on your second part! yes.. HTC might be the one who make winmo but as of today, they are android! and when you say WP.. its nokia! specially in my place, where HTC's phone are nowhere to be found in the market.. and samsung's WP aren't available to my place too!!
and NOKIA is also the reason why WP make it to other country!
WP isnt avaiable to my place until nokia release its lumias!
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
they must be talking about Windows Mobile coz honestly and Frankly, Nokia was the REAL hero on Windows Phone... no one cared about Windows Phone until nokia decided to join them! and that 3.5% of WP share is mostly nokia! and when u ask people about WP, they'll tell you a nokia lumia!
so HTC, shut the F U C K up! you just return to the WP coz you're troubled on the android game!
im sorry that i said that but what i said are fact!
19. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and for those who gives me a thumbs down me.. i have a question..
name one WP device that make it to the best seller on a carrier?
name one WP device that make the WP platform worth a buzz? or atleast it make people want to look at a WP...
20. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
coz if you ask me..none but lumia 900!!!
HTC radar, titan/titan2 & others and other samsung devices are great Windows Phones but they dont give the buzz to WP like nokia did!
nokia lumia 900 made it to top 3 for weeks on AT&T's best seller... while the titan II which is release same time wasnt even found on top!
even they have partnership with Microsoft i think nokia can still pull it through coz they are NOKIA!
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
WP sucks. Restrictead prison OS. only 3 handsets. Zune is worser than iTunes. iTs still Half-Baked OS.....
9. matrix_neo (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Nokia Lumia 920 will smash HTC windows phones... Lumia phones now has an edge, time to regain it's throne...
14. hunted (Posts: 313; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
guys can someone help me, i am looking forward to buy lumia 920. Does it have file transfer via bluetooth like we do in android phones? please help
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, Nokia Lumia 920 has Bluetooth but I'm not sure if there is an restrictions on what file formats can be sent or received.
Also I'm still not sure about what Bluetooth version Nokia Lumia 920 will have because official Nokia's web page ( http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/phone/lumia920/spe
cifications/) says 3.1 while official Bluetooth's web page says 4.0 ( https://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/ EPL_Detail.cfm?ProductID=23788)
16. Dunknown (Posts: 80; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Nokia will be my only choice. I trust Nokia all the way. My family have been using Nokia since Nokia introduce a big bulky phone with an antena above it. Nokia is reliable. Besides that, I think HTC is copying Nokia N9, Nokia L800, Nokia L900 and Nokia L920 design. I'm not sure wether Nokia will bring HTC to court like Apple and the Samsung. For me, I will definetly bring HTC to court if their phone sell well. IT is complete duplicate phone from NOkia high end smart phone. The curve 2.5 D screen and a curve back everything.
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why do you keep sayin they copy Nokia?
HTC just design to inspire the wp8 --- COLOUR!!!
Besides, Microsoft will definitely stop and warn HTC if it found infringement...
38. shadez10 (Posts: 398; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
i agree with you... the design is a copy from the Lumia design...
27. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Nokia was the best.!! And can be if gets with android.. No one can compete nokia's hardware and mapping... But nokia needs a good Leader.. Not elop
28. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Nokia was the best.!! And can be if gets with android it will rock!.. No one can compete nokia's hardware and mapping... But nokia needs a good Leader.. Not elop
32. Dunknown (Posts: 80; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Nokia was not the best. Nokia is the best. Android is not a good os. It is very messy types of OS same like windows. The old symbian was the best. Much more organised. Now, windows is better than any os in the market. But i would like to choose symbian if there is one
43. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
stop this android is the key crap
android isnt a guaranteed solution for success. besides its crowded with samsung, HTC, Motorola,LG, Sony etc. not saying if they spread to an android device it woudnt sell but its not gonna be there saviour
wp8 and the lumia range are looking great, easily able to compete with android and iOS
35. sinple (Posts: 98; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
not enough sales for microsoft to let HTC sell window tablet
41. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Still remember my TILT I...loved modding it and was able to sell it for 150.00 back in 2010.
46. ddeath (Posts: 156; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Nokia should embrace both Android and Windows. I think a lot of people are interested in getting an Android Nokia phone, me included.