Watch Google Voice Search in Android Jelly Bean chew through oddball questions with flying colors
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2012, 05:57 posted on
The new Google voice Search gets asked more than 40 questions ranging from the mundane to the wacky, and mostly gets it, with fast response times to boot...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I expect an iLawsuit from Apple has already been queued up to be filed the moment the production version of Google Voice is released.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
I see LAG!!!
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
You see BETA.
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
My apologies :)
31. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
What LAG? This kills Siri in every way in terms of smarts & speed. I have had Jelly Bean since a day after Google I/O & I have had time to use it with my friends Apple iPhone 4S's Siri. The Apple iPhone is slow & Siri sounds like a robot unlike the Google's sexy voice.
Sounds like you are a typical brainwashed Apple lost soul.
4. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Show me the picture Android eating apple.
i like the question
5. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Apple(fruit) : why apple why ?? couldn u find any other fruits?? u could have given your companys name banana..that suits more !! why always it has to be me to be eaten by google android !!!
8. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Apple's name should have been lemon - after the bitter taste you have when Tim Cook is done using you. Literally. :D
9. andro. (Posts: 1983; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
There's two schools of thought of apple choosing the apple name and logo,first one it represents the gaining of knowledge by taking a bite out of the proverbial apple in the 'garden of Eden'. Second school of thought is that its a domineering mocking form of this proverbial apple bite representing and laughing at mans fall from grace over eating it. Considering apples corrupted,anticompetitiveness and money gouging nature of late there could be much
evidence for the later!!!
But yes Android does eat apple lol!
Not to stay off topic it looks like the voice actions Google has had place for years now is really hitting top gear
39. tedkord (Posts: 6223; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Actually, the name came the same way so many other "inspirations" came to Steve Jobs - he copied it from the Beatles' Apple record label. He was a big Beatles fan (as am I).
And, he agreed after being sued by the label, to not get the company into music sales, which of course he later did anyway with iTunes. Zero honor or integrity.
6. Nocturne (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 May 2012)
A polished Voice search product?!
Its seems the argument by some misinformed fans that one company only releases polished products while the other releases beta products is now beyond a doubt void.
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Completely agree, Nocturne.
This was phenomenal.
The first true voice assistant.
Now that EVIL rotten company will scream BAN!BAN!BAN!
I HATE them
11. zacomaco (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
apple comes out with siri, everyone says its a gimmick.....
Google releases voice search and everyone's like "Wow look how fast it is, that is soo good..coool..."
com'on guys.. a bit inconsistant
12. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Everyone or few?
Siri is good, Google voice is brilliant..
17. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Google now is straightforward and very fast & more accurate, Siri has a gimmicky features like telling jokes.
22. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
There is a significant difference that some people seem not to grasp.
Siri was designed and advertised as something you would have a conversation with.
Google Now is taking things the phone ACTUALLY ALREADY DID and condensing it into a pretty little app (or whatever) called Google Now.
Siri = useful but how it's advertised is gimmicky
Google Now = useful + more accurate than Siri = better than Siri
32. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
YES! I love Google now, it literally gets smarter every time you use it. Also I don't want to talk or have conversations with my phone. I rather talk to a live HUMAN than Siri.
As for the functionality of Google's new Voice Search it's hands down faster & more accurate. That is the bottom line!
28. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Surely you know that Google released voice actions years before Siri was brought by Apple. JB is just improving on voice actions even more by pulling up information when you need it. For example if you put in where you go to work and use turn by turn for the first week or so Google now will remember you have been here and if you are going in the direction will automatically pull up the navigation before you say it!
30. RevKBA (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Oh. So you think Apple came out with Siri, not the company that actually created Siri? Cool story, bro.
There's a difference between creating a releasing software onto a mobile OS and then buying a company so you can use the patents and sue other companies for using similar ideas.
19. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
I hope Google will add features like ability to turn on & off wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, etc. in offline mode.. S-Voice has these features & probably soon on Siri but it requires data connection & relatively slow compared to Google Now & Siri..
20. EdwardFDU3 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Man, Tim cook and siri are eating their apples right now. hehe
24. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats pretty significant. good job Google. That pretty much wipes the floor with every other voice service out there.
25. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Wow, makes me want Jelly Bean that much more.
34. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
26. frydaexiii (Posts: 1268; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Siri has been in beta for almost a year and it can't even beat this beta product of one week? Pretty obvious who's been working and who hasn't.
27. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats the difference between "buying innovation" and "building innovation".
29. zohayb (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have one thing to say after seeing this
SOME ONE SEARCH FOR ZERG RUSH :P!
33. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
yeah its ported to ics and works on my phone!
35. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Cant wait for jelly bean glad i have the galaxy nexus
40. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
people chill this Gimmick feature will be in JB so it will be available to the public in 2013 so only geeks who downloaded form XDA will have it but you guys will hardly use it.. so don't see the fuss is about.. get exited about ICS.. need to increase that 11% people...
41. frydaexiii (Posts: 1268; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
"Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?" < This is what you sound like to me.
English ****** ******, Do you speak it?