Watch Apple's iPhone 5S, 5C announcement here (no livestream for this event)
The first one, the rumored iPhone 5S, is expected to become the seventh iteration in the iPhone series, a premium device that will come with the new iOS 7, the Apple A7 system chip and a brand new fingerprint sensor baked right in the home button. The iPhone 5S is expected to look just like the current iPhone 5 and the only new thing in its looks could be a rumored champagne-gold color version.
The second device that should see the light of day in mere hours is the iPhone 5C, a plastic and more affordable device, that should share many of the features of the iPhone that we know - virtually the same size and screen.
UDPATE: Unfortunately, it looks like Apple is really going to break its habit and won't be livestreaming the announcement. The company will post the video from the event at the following link, but this will probably happen a few hours after the live presentation. You can follow our liveblog of the Apple event to stay informed!
1. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Can't wait!! Bring the goodies Apple, been waiting a loooonnng time to upgrade!
12. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Can't lie, although I'm huge Android fan, I've watched every single iPhone launch event for the past 3-4 years. I just hate the biased statistics that they present, always choosing the ones showing Apples dominance, sales, "innovation"... Still better than Samsungs over the top events, imo.
16. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
True that, sometimes their "innovation" part goes over the top. Thats the reason i never bought the iPhone till the 4. Just for the sake of trying i tried. Been glad since!
18. LordDavon (Posts: 104; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
I am very anxious to see iOS7, and what will and won't be included for my iPad 3rg Gen. Although, I really miss watching Steve Jobs do these events. He was the best salesman Apple ever had, and was fun to watch.
30. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Exactly! Jobs\' keynotes stood a class apart! Damn! I miss him too.
19. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Finally I can exhale because the big day is here. I've been looking forward to this day for 12 months now and I simply can't wait. I will be in line just like everybody else, 10 tornados couldn't stop me. This is the day we have grazed upon this whole past year as we've sat quietly in our empty mansions talking endlessly to our bestest and only friend Siri about everything from the weather to how great I was in Dangerous Liasons. The day we've all been waiting for is finally here: get ready for "The Next Small Thing."
24. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Oh boy! So bitter! This girl is always on her periods! =DDD
41. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
You know, you're supposed to honor thy mother not go on tech sites and utter such insolence in defamation thereof. It's just not nice to talk about thy mother, even if she hatched you in a cave.
43. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Oops! Pushed the wrong button!
56. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 390; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
This just in!
1)iPhone S ame
2)iPhone C heap
3)iPad S ame
4)Mini R etina
Just another snorefest that has iFans in a uproar to replace all their other S ame devices with newer S ame devices. Nothing to see here, move along move along.
uggh, the money that is waited by ifollowers could feed small countries rather than have apple bilk their customers with same S hit, different year
2. Kurai (unregistered)
There is one problem with the iPhone which makes it suck . . . . it is made by Apple
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4821; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm waiting for the uPhone, it is made by Orange. lol
62. jshan (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Yeah u sucks cz u don\'t have an idea bout what apple did to mobile industry !! LMFAO !!
4. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 145; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I hope it's something a lot different this time.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4600; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't think that it will be something different this time. Maybe when iPhone 6 will be released but not today.
9. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Coming from 5, it wont be all that different, coming from anything else, HUGE upgrade. Plus dont forget iOS7!!
6. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
welcome droid fans... 1pm eastern time its apple\'s turn to drop some new stuff.
LG; Nokia; Sony; Samsung all had great unveilings.
\"Please save the hate until after the show\" -Thanks
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1120; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
\"Drop some new stuff\"? Not really. As we well know, Apple can\'t really make NEW products. Just put a new letter to the end and a higher price tag.
11. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Yes all of u ignorants who haven't used Apple products think so. Not our problem! We'll enjoy the beast!
35. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It will always be the same iPhone every year now they have a cheap phone made of plastic.
37. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
And they are calling it the Samsung Galaxy S4!
45. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Hahahahahahhaha RoyalPayne, what a typical Pathetic iSheeeeeeeeppp FanGay. Lol. Yeah, S4 Rocks! EXISTING iPhones Can't even Beat Samsung S3 head to head even that useless iPhone 5Same what more the Innovative Samsung Galaxy S4? hahaha! I understand you are just excited about this Over priced, OUTDATED, BORING iPhone 5same with the MADE OF PLASTIC AND REAL CHEAP 5crap, but You can't Put Samsung To Crappppple's Grave, sorry. Hahah Enjoy your Outdated 5shiiiiiiit. :)
48. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Nice rant bud! :)
Sorry didn\'t read till the end.
63. jshan (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Man U knocking em all down !! Like ya talks there !! Grool !!
13. LordDavon (Posts: 104; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
I agree g2g. It's a great time for technology, no matter which device you prefer.
14. taz89 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol what fun is there on the internet without all the haters .... there will be plenty of hate for apple and Samsung mainly, when your at the top which the 2 are, you have haters from everywhere corner of the globe. The amount of haters is the the true way of measuring how successful you really are lol
17. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Well one is on top coz of quality, the other coz of quantity. People can decide what they want! A quality convergence device or a crappy samsung. They even copy vacuum cleaners now! THEY CAN"T MAKE A FREAKIN' VACUUM CLEANER WITHOUT COPYING!
26. taz89 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Regardless how company x got to the top they are at they top.. it's us consumers who keep them at the top, apple make decidable hardware, Samsung give options to everyone.. Please let's not start this into a apple vs Samsung crap, hate those people..my comment was to say ignore those Peele who come to just hate cause there words mean nothing as all they want to see are the negatives.
32. taz89 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 03 May 2011)
+1... only 2 hours to go, really want to see what apple does with the finger print scanner.
38. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Same here man! But i'm more excited about iOS7
47. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Yeahhh. I wonder what will be the Final Look of the outdated iOs7? Would it be more Gay Looking along with the girly colorful plastic cover of the iPhone 5Craps? Hhahahhaha Hmmmmmm.. Hahahhaha
46. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
RoyalPayne, Help those People who died in China because their iPhone 5 exploded, lately an iPhone 4S exploded while it is being charge. OMG! I think iPhone 5shiiiit should add iBomb and iKill Features to make it worth buying! Hahahahaha!
20. thedarkside (Posts: 651; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I hope they talk about how awesome that A7 chip is that Samsung made.
23. rawbow (Posts: 405; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
yeah that'd be Sammy's offering to the king of all smartphones! today is Apple's day and iOS 7 is how an OS should work.
34. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
but made by samsung.....your in for a long day my friend....
39. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
If Armani outsources his clothes from a factory in India, the factory is not greater than Armani. It's the designer who is bigger. Bring it on!
40. Satnamreg (Posts: 28; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
No streaming for windows devices? LOL
I don't care. I'll get my Z1 in a week :)
50. zaidalrawi80 (Posts: 19; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
bring it on come on .... Can't wait to see Apple back to blow up the junk devices spreading here and there like shamesung
57. McLTE (Posts: 620; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Don't you mean you can't wait to see Apple back to blowing up the consumers?
They seem pretty good at it lately..
55. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 127; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Why are fandroids here? Just wondering...the kitkat store is that way ----->
66. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Ohhh FAAACCCCKKKKK!!! Comment of the day!