Watch Apple livestream the iPad 5 event here
There is a couple of ways to watch the event live, but all require a device running on OS X or iOS, so if you have a Mac/Macbook or an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch you can watch the event live. If you only have a Windows or Linux machine you are out of luck. Finally, you can also watch the event on Apple TV.
For OS X and iOS users, you just have to head to the link right at the bottom of the article to watch the event, and for Apple TV users you can tune in to the Apple events channel.
Now, what do we actually expect to see? Chief executive Tim Cook should take center stage and introduce the 5th generation iPad. We have seen the leaks pointing to the iPad getting the design of the mini with narrower side bezels and less curvature on the back. The iPad 5 is also said to have become even thinner and lighter.
The second big novelty should be the new iPad mini second-gen. Will it get Retina display and Touch ID or will it shock us by actually remaining the same in terms of screen and touch features and only change under the hood. We still don’t know and we’re excited to find out.
Apple is also rumored to introduce new MacBook Pro models with Intel’s Haswell chip, a much anticipated upgrade, and we’ve been hearing about a new Apple TV with some big changes and possibly even deals with cable operators. And the Apple iWatch... well, next year is the more likely schedule for that one.
Stay tuned to PhoneArena to find out - we’ll be covering the event live as it happens. Right below is the promised Apple livestream link. The event kicks off at 10:00am PST | 1:00pm EST.
Disclaimer: Live Streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later.
1. fouadqr (Posts: 319; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Nokia OWN this day. Apple u cant do better than what Nokia did
11. androiphone20 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Aww you can't see the livestream :,(
25. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Lumia 2520 doesn't even have gyroscope and gps
IPad u win
26. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
IPad 5 has the same specs that iPhone 5s has
It means iPad 5 is the fastest tablet
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So again no live video stream from Apple event? And Apple is named as a "tech" company, what a shame!
2. bloodline (Posts: 694; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
No need to watch for the ipad 5, here you go:
its has a finger print scanner
Essentially its the same as the ipad4
6. theoak (Posts: 322; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Add better camera
Add stereo speakers
Add better LTE chip; hence, like the 5s, the same version can now be used on more carriers.
7. tahnik (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
its has a finger print scanner
And yet it is somehow the same as iPad 4 :/
28. stealthd (Posts: 980; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
I think he was pointing out how stupid it was to list a bunch of differences and then say it's the same.
3. Rongocook (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
Logging off! Can't stand to watch captain cook gibber.
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
quite excited....its a day for apple and WP fanboys for sure!!
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 12704; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
2 hrs to go. Looking forward to seeing the new iPads.
15. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1655; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Looking forward to the same thing? Sad...
31. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I would like to disagree, but can we say he's wrong? Really what can we expect this time? What can Apple add that will make the new iPad "new"?
Bigger screen? Nope
Higher res? Nope
CPU from iPhone 5S modified for "retina" display? Maybe
Fingerprint scanner? Maybe
Aka the new iPad is a enlarged iPad Mini with iPhone 5S innards
How about iPad Mini 2? iPad Mini with higher res screen and iPad 4 innards...
14. Sakeem (Posts: 304; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Is Apple the ony company that requires you to watch their events using a form of their devices?
17. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
And here we are, The iPad-exactly-the-same-as-the-last-one-apart-the-addition-of-a-fingerprint-scanner. Nokia are today's winners!!! However, Google will win this week!!!
24. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
iPad 5 vs lumia 1520
No need of comparison PA
32. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
lumia 1520 is a phablet not a tablet. Of course the i-Thingy would win.
18. skymitch89 (Posts: 1123; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
One thing that you guys should note is that in order to watch this live stream you have to have "Safari 4 or later on OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later." Oh, and that you have to have QuickTime.
19. quakan (Posts: 1223; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Majority of the comments here show a disinterest in Apple and its products, so why are even here in the first place? Contradiction maybe?
30. stealthd (Posts: 980; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
There's a lot of walking contradiction commenting on PA. It's actually pretty funny sometimes, I come for the entertainment value. The comments are about on par with YouTube, but generally cleaner.
20. vaibhavaggarwal (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
watch the livestream on youtube: