Want to delete pre-installed apps without rooting your smartphone? Move to South Korea
0. phoneArena 23 Jan 2014, 09:58 posted on
Korean authorities will enforce new regulations asking mobile carriers to make most of their pre-installed apps removable. The new guidelines will be effective starting April...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1014; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Windows Phone can do this since WIndows Phone 7
2. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3338; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Fastest mobile speeds in the world too. Lucky bastards. They get everything.
3. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
And people (even me, too) thought that Verizon and AT&T were bad etc.
25 apps really? I'm disappointed in you SK Telly.
4. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
I daydream for a time in my lifetime for that to happen in the US. Between Samsung and AT&T, I have 51 disabled programs on my GS4. Fiftystinkinone apps! To me this... would... be... AWESOME! Just waiting on an official Cyanogen "stable" rom for my particular build that will use its one click PC installer. HATE BLOAT! It's like you're already screwing me over with your prices, why force me to have your useless apps too?
5. kamejoko (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
On note 10.1 - 2014 edition have nearly 500MB bloatware app. Make everything run slow. On ipad only have some app include.
6. CEMIII (Posts: 110; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
This is the min reason I can't stand Andriod. I just may have a change of heart in the future.
7. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This is another reason I like my Nexus devices.
No Bloat, no lock, no problem.
11. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1014; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Quick reminder: Windows Phone have had this feature for a looooooooong time
12. hurrycanger (Posts: 1492; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Yep. But I guess most people would rather stick with bloatware than switch.
14. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1014; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Yeah, my aunt constantly complains about the bloatware
13. Loubielou (Posts: 355; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
This will make Android more Popular an more Secure without Losing your Warranty of your Phone,WHy?in the First Place do they put so many un-used Draining Applications on the Phones,Samsung have just changed with the 4.3 update,an with 4.4 Kit Kat hope it improves Android more