Want a quad-core, dual-SIM, high-res, Jelly Bean smartphone for under $300? Try India
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2013, 23:49 posted on
ZTE and Huawei have been getting a lot of well earned attention with their product announcements at MWC and CES...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MrJerry (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Galaxy Note2 without physical home button lol
22. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
kinda weird and stupid too with home,back button both on the screen and on the panel!
2. Necromancer (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
o.O Respect for China! BUT!! (there's always one..everywhere..) The mediatek MTK6589 quad core chipset which packs a powerVR SGX544 barely makes it for gaming on a 720p display (ala Micromax A116 Canvas HD). Agreed, it can power the 1080p display of the UMI's X2 but then forget gaming on a 1080p display. It managed ~40fps on a 720p display. Good luck running 3D games on a 1080p display!
UMI should have used a 720p display instead.
Oh well, if you're not into gaming then this should be one hell of a phone..(if it works i.e)
13. TylerGrunter (Posts: 781; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And you are being generous with the chipset, 40 FPS is what they get in the OLD GLBenchmark 2.1 Egypt Classic, in the NEW gLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD C24Z16 they get only 12 FPS, which makes any game unplayable in 720p already.
So good lucn moving 1080p with that chip!
4. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1340; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Galaxy nexus with capacitive button
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Indian market is getting many phones in 14k (INR) range ... all redits to Micromax which really sets the Price in market for such phones . But this one beats even Micromax ... now tell me which company can compete against these with their not yet launched "Affordable" phones
This will definitely give tough time to Micromax as MMX phones . Another one com ing up could be ZOPO Mobiles as site looks imilar :)
7. mobile_guru (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
I wonder why there is both capacitive button and also onscreen buttons in 3rd pic :D
8. techspace (Posts: 394; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
as an indian, i look for products that are reliable, zte and huawei's smartphones offer good value for money, but i don't think that they are reliable, micromax is doing a better job, and their phones are as cheap as these phones, but we can expect better customer service.
but its always good to have more devices to choose from, i would like to see these devices in india
19. ash29 (Posts: 55; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Lol u prefer chinese rebranded micromax phones over zte?Great
23. techspace (Posts: 394; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
i prefer samsung to any other company that makes android phones, i know that micromax phones are rebranded chinese phones but (as i have already said) micromax has better customer service(than zte and huawei)
10. RohanM (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
well here in india micromax has already filled up the market along with top dog sammy..
so this Umi has a little chance....
11. BattleBrat (Posts: 884; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Glad to see my Asian brothers get some love, I can't imagine how horribly expensive some of our US flagships are over there, and I think everyone should be able to get their hands on a good phone.
12. shuaibhere (Posts: 876; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Will go for canvas hd instead...
It has good customer support...
Even better than htc in india...
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes MMX, Karbon, Lava and gang have 40% of market share. That segment is ruled by a upper price limit of 13/14 K ... anything above tjhat and it is viewed as "expensive" and not worth it.
15. nbringer (Posts: 83; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Well you can also remain in Europe and try this at ~330$ from Romania:
andsome videos (in Romanian)
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5637; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Not a bad deal. when I visit India hopefully I can buy a international phone their with QUAD core or buy one for a friend
17. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Why is everybody talking about gaming? How many of you play beyond Temple Run 2 and Angry Birds Star Wars? Or even Rope Escape?
Stop finding faults in a product with such a cheap price tag. Instead of being in awe, you people will criticize criticize criticize
18. ibap (Posts: 675; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Gee, do you think that perhaps the US prices for phones offered to us are based on something other than what it costs to build them? Greed? Cachet? Ego? What they can get away with?