Want a Nokia Lumia 520 right now? Factory unlocked models available on eBay for only $239
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 14:21 posted on
It is tempting, a SIM-free device, brand new, sealed in the box and under factory warranty at a price of about what...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Geez....there are too many phones to choose. Luckily, I have a new phone already.
4. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That means that I don't have to suffer from choosing which phone should I take. I will share my experience, when I first time saw the Xperia Z, I was attracted by its gorgeous and elegant design, decent specs. And then, I saw the BB Z10, the Z10 gives me a strange attraction which is the "BB style"( UI, design, rounded corners). So, I need to think almost a week just to choose one phone. At last, I bought the Xperia Z and I'm very happy with it. The Xperia Z is more worth buying than the Z10, but I still love the Z10.
(Sorry about the long comment, I was sharing my experience.)
5. Bernoulli (Posts: 1448; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
lol I still don't see how this relates to the lumia 520, which is what this phone was about, only reason why I said who cares was because you seemed to take a shot at the poor lumia 520, but hey whatever floats your boat mate, I too love the xperia Z but it's waay too expenisve (239$ for lumia 520 vs 760$ for xperia z) glad to hear you enjoy your android phone, I too enjoy mine but posting about it on a windows phone article isn't appropriate
7. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, sorry about that. I thought the "who cares???" means "who cares what phone are you using". Sorry about that.
14. Bernoulli (Posts: 1448; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
lol no problem mate, haha I wonder how much will this phone's version with T-Mobile will be
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You have the 'ex'-peria Z? When did you break up?
29. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
TROLL called me "Experiadroid". And yes, it sounds strange.
3. Bernoulli (Posts: 1448; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
what do you mean "With limited 3G support and no 4G service at all"? I believed that it had the 1900 umts band that at&t uses, and what T-Mobile has been actively refarming throughout United States
6. sprockkets (Posts: 1200; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Phone only supports 900 and 2100. No 3g support in the us IIRC.
18. Bernoulli (Posts: 1448; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
the phone says 1900 and 2100 that's what I stated above
24. sprockkets (Posts: 1200; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Nokia's web site says otherwise.
1900mhz is for GSM only.
8. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
The 520 supports hsdpa up to 21 mbps, i see no problem there. Nokia ftw
25. sprockkets (Posts: 1200; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
T mob says they use 2100mhz but good luck with that, as the majority of it is 1700mhz. Notice the iphone5 for tmob has that specific freq unlocked for them.
26. sprockkets (Posts: 1200; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Upon further research, you need both, as they use one for dn and one for up.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No thanks no thank you, I hate midrange phones!!!!!
Nokia 928 or the Lumia 940 please
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You hate Android mid-ranged phones too?
I'm sure you must be very rich and you can afford any phone you pick. But don't hate them cause it's nothing for you...
But lookie here, i'm quite surprised you like Nokia Lumias and actually vying for one.
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Its not that im rich, i have to contacts which i pay £65 a month on a 12 month contract which i have been with T-Mobile and Vodafone, so i get a new phone every 9months. Ive been with them for 7 years. I love Mobile phones! I was a big Nokia fan till 2010 since after Nokia have never been good with hardware like Samsung and Htc: Cpu, Gpu! I still have the E55 958GB E72 my pride and joy Nokia 8800 CARBON ARTE!!!!!!
It takes 2 weeks wages to buy a highend phone, you dont have to be rich!
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I hate all midrange phones, why settle for less when you can buy the best for extra £200
Looking forward to buy the L940, having second thoughts on L928 both are superb™
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3475; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it will in 2013 though.......bring it on nokia......!!! 41mp with Snapdragon 800 damn.......and one more global high-end device from nokia will have same snapdragon 800 or 600 maybe.....!!! waiting for this device....any way i have N8 faster and smooth with belle....LOL....can't wait to upgrade to powerful & cool device with unique os from next high-end Nokia...!!!
12. murati (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
Good job Nokia, they need some middle range phones to put up with all this androids on the market. And this phone will even work if you will put some apps on it, not like my girl's experia J, she put Instagram and What's up on it and that was about it :)
27. jose.vu (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
it's already available in Vietnam for only 180$,
a very good deal, gonna sell like hot cake :)