Walmart undercuts Amazon, charges $148.88 for the AT&T version of the Samsung Galaxy S II
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Oct 2011, 13:23
A major price war has broken out between Amazon and Walmart over the AT&T version of the Samsung Galaxy S II; while the former is offering the handset for$50 less than the carrier is charging at $149.99, Walmart has priced the same exact model for $148.88 and both offers require a signed 2 year pact...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Epitome of Perfection (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2011, 13:37 2 1
Let's not forget Walmart will slap X% of tax on the price tag as well
8. choupino posted on 02 Oct 2011, 18:44 0 0
"Tax"????? Are you serious??? Taxes are not company specific,. They are determined by the address where the item is shipped/where you live. That means that you would face the same taxes either way buddy. Every company legally authorized to sell anything in this country require sales taxes... Look it up.
10. Display name (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2011, 19:45 0 0
Californian ordering from Amazon.
12. Epitome of Perfection (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2011, 21:32 0 0
Retailers like Amazon and Newegg doesn't charge tax for us Texan, how's that for a change?
19. didi (unregistered) posted on 09 Oct 2011, 17:26 0 0
yea but u forget that amazon pays the sales tax for u and walmart doesnt. get ur facts straight bud
2. handsomehwang posted on 02 Oct 2011, 13:57 0 0
Anyone know if you keep a grandfathered unlimited data plan when you upgrade at Walmart?
15. yooperboogs (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2011, 04:54 0 0
Yeah, I know at the Walmart where we work which shouldn't be any different, if you are grandfathered in under AT&T or Verizon you are allowed to keep it. Just make sure that they have a good staff at your Walmart and they know what there doing, I've heard so many horror stories about peoples plans getting switched or features getting deleted or added because people at other Walmart's not knowing what they are doing.
17. Ivan6479 posted on 03 Oct 2011, 11:47 0 0
Well if I were you I wouldn't risk letting someone at Walmart mess that all up. I sure as heck didn't want to take the risk and it was worth more then 50 bucks to me to keep my current unlimited data plan, so I said screw the 50 bucks and just went straight to AT&T.
3. WoW (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2011, 14:07 0 0
WOW... $1.11... I know it cost more to write up this article than the savings that Wal-Mart offers over Amazon.
4. gaby1451 posted on 02 Oct 2011, 14:26 2 0
Yeah, PhoneArena's nice like that. So people like you and me can be well informed and save time + money.
13. paxmoos (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2011, 21:34 0 0
I will never shop at Walmart
14. Bacon Hat Guy (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2011, 00:36 0 0
Its a one stop place for a rifle, ammo, Budweiser, bait, and the best cotton picking Android phone this south of the Mason Dixion Line for the Southern Gentlemen!
At least your cashier isn't a hipster douche with Real 3D glasses with popped out lens.
5. snowgator posted on 02 Oct 2011, 15:24 0 0
It is a price war ... everyone for themselves....
7. Marion (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2011, 16:40 0 0
As I reported this morning, I went to my local Wal-Mart (and I live in a SMALL town in Georgia) early this morning and they had the Galaxy S II for $148.88 with a contract.
9. Bretzel posted on 02 Oct 2011, 18:57 0 0
wow i went to my local at&t store (in somewhat of a BIG town in California) and they DIDN'T have it! Ridiculous
11. paxmoos (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2011, 21:32 0 0
Saving $1.11 wohoo...I'm buying myself an ice cream now