Walmart to discount iPhone 5c to $27 and iPhone 5s to $127 on contract this Friday
0. phoneArena 12 Dec 2013, 10:03 posted on
According to the LA Times, Walmart is planning a rather hefty and rare discount on both the iPhone 5s and the 5c tomorrow, starting from the mere $27 for the plastic iPhone on a two-year contract with Verizon or AT&T. That's quite the price slash from the typical $99 on-contract price for the 5c, but the premium iPhone 5s will also get a similar $73 slash, as it will go for a Benjamin more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That's a heavy discount on Apple products...
2. Finalflash (Posts: 2171; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is a ridiculous discount considering these items are a month or so old. I don't think even the S4 was this heavily discounted this fast. Could just be Walmart doing their Walmart thing and competing on volume over price, but I know prices have to usually be okayed by Apple for any resellers before they can lower them. I think they just want to meet their iPhones sold target for this quarter or something because this will likely bite into their margins heavily.
3. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Thats the price that apple phones should coast in the first place.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 15632; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'd be all over that, Wally World had some great prices.
7. tedkord (Posts: 7364; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Wally World? Isn't that where Clark took the Griswolds for vacation?
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 15632; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes, I love that movie. Huge classic, that's a BB gun, not it ls not, it's a magnum P.I. LMAOOOOO +1 man, takes me back to being a kid. Remember Dinky?
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Wally, wally, wally, wally, wally, wally world!
+1 for the reference lol.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 15632; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol, you obviously know where that's from lol. +1. Dumbest video ever dude.
6. phonetekmek (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
Everyone is doing nice deals on the new iphones. Target has the 5c for $50 plus $50 gift card to make it free and the 5s for 179.99 plus a $30 gift card making it 149.99 and if u trade in any smartphone you get a $25 coupon of the cost of any new phone. Target and Wal-Mart are going at it! Tis the season!
8. tedkord (Posts: 7364; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Do you also get the 5% discount with your Target card?
10. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
iphone 5C for free. So if I SPEND $50 and get a $50 gift card (not cash back) that makes everything free? Nope, still have to spend $50 in the first place.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's impossible not to spend less than $50 when shopping at Target, so buy what you need, get the gift card and buy the phone.
19. phonetekmek (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
If I spend $50 and immediately get that back it works for me. I mean you can get almost anything from target, so its almost as good as cash for me. I prefer it over Wal-mart and with the red card i get my extra 5%. I'll take it!
9. Topcat488 (Posts: 1250; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Apple needs to stop "F"ing around and bring out a minimum 5" iphone... Swallow your "G"-"D" pride and develop a phone thats in with the times, then Wal Mart won't need to resort to losing monies that should be going to their "UNDERPAID" employees...
Coming from a Note and iphone user with average sized hands, who loves both Android and ios... My thumbs are constantly hitting the wrong key texting with the iphone, not to mention the strain it puts on my eyes... STILL waiting for my 5" iphone!!!
11. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Walmart let a 5C customer( that wasn't even eligible for an upgrade) walk out with the new phone and didn't even extend their agreement, just straight up sold it for $57 (or whatever their price is.) This was after the customer sat there for 2 hours while they waited for the employee try and figure out what the heck they were doing.
Good Ol' Walmart edumacated employees.
23. quakan (Posts: 1285; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I think the bigger issue is that you have a copy-and-paste mold for all Walmart workers. You assume they're all uneducated and can't tell their left from right. The Walmarts near me are made up of high school graduates, senior citizens, college students, people in between jobs, people hoping to move their up, etc. For all you know the person who made the mistake of selling the 5C for $57 may have never worked in the electronics department and were covering for someone. I think it's time to let go of your prejudices and stereotypes.
12. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
stupid walmart. stupid best buy.
go ahead and pay less for a smart phone. i guarantee youll be treated like crap at any walmart when getting a phone. you get what you pay for.
15. jroc74 (Posts: 5537; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Considering the resale value of iPhones...this would be an extremely good investment.
20. mikelemon (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
LOL contracts....I laugh at people who get binded in those.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So you're laughing at almost everyone then? Many people can't pay the full amount of the phone in the spot so stop being ignorant.
22. wilsong17 (unregistered)
while i agree with both of you,, but why buy something you cant afford, many apple fan buy apple to show off.. i work in a retail place and its so fun to watch all these iphone user wanted to get a cheaper plan
26. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
its also funny because walmart will only keep a few in stock so unless youre getting there when walmart gets one, you probably wont get one.
24. TechDork (Posts: 262; Member since: 10 May 2010)
But how much will it be to upgrade to the 5s on contract............hmmm?