Walmart makes boo boo by showing HTC Hero instead of HTC EVO Design 4G in flyer
The HTC Hero variant that landed on Sprint in October 2009 introduced Sense UI to the U.S. and had a elongated look with a trackball on the bottom of the phone. Of course, the HTC EVO Design 4G does not have the trackball and is currently available from Sprint for $99.99 with a 2-year contract. Buying the phone from Walmart will save you $1.11 with the same signed pact. Just make sure that they give you the HTC EVO Design 4G, not the HTC Hero.
source: Walmart via SprintUsersForum
1. Sinaps (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
At least they showed the one that was on Sprint.
2. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Wow, didn't know the Hero was just the 2nd US Droid O.o. I guess you do learn something new every day
3. simplyj (Posts: 402; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
The Hero isn't a Droid.. It's an ANDROID. Get it right.
6. hltechie (Posts: 84; Member since: 08 May 2009)
I'm really tired of people getting this mixed up ._.
4. ryanl (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
fun fact the internal wm/sams club documents also called the evo design the htc hero