Walmart cuts the price of the Apple iPad 2 by $100, offers at least $100 trade-in for any iPad
Walmart will guarantee a minimum trade-in value of $100 for any Apple iPad that you bring into the store. That means that the iPad 2 could cost you just $199 at Walmart. The 16GB Apple iPad Air can be taken home for just $399 if you trade in an older iPad at Walmart.
And if you need a new phone instead of a tablet, the retailer will give you $100 to as much as $300 for any working smartphone, when you trade it in for a new handset and sign a two-year pact with AT&T or Verizon. The lists of phones available with the trade in include the 16GB Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
All trades must be fully functional with no liquid damage, cracked screens or housing damage. You can even see in advance how much Walmart will give you in a trade. Click on the sourcelink and type in the name of the phone to see how much it is worth to you in a trade with the retailer.
1. fanboy1974 (Posts: 942; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
$300 is still way too much for that old tablet.
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I wouldn't pay $300 for the iPad 2. I wouldn't even pay more than $200, if that.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
$299.99 for a iPad 2 is ridiculously overpriced.. For that I can go on Craigslist and get a iPad 3 or 4 for nearly the same price or even cheaper after taxes.
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2741; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I have to agree. I think $149-$199 would be a fair price.
17. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
And that $300 figure is after the $100 price cut. Selling the iPad 2 for the same price as the Retina iPad Mini is just stupid. Whoever is unfortunate enough to actually fall for that rip off is giving Apple insane profit.
4. fanboy1974 (Posts: 942; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This reminds me what Apple is doing with the iPhone 4; old product at unrealistic prices in today’s market.
5. ETECH (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
If you're not bothered by the 2 or whatever inches, you're better off just buying the mini (1 or 2) rather than getting the iPad 2.
7. kozza3 (Posts: 566; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
except the original mini is just as bad as the ipad 2
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 942; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I personally would not buy any tablet with only 512mb of ram (or even 1gig which is the reason why I passed on the retina mini). Eventually that memory penalty will come back to haunt you. Given the asking price for these tablets why settle for compromises.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Looks to me you've never used Air, Mini 2 or 5S before.
6. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 294; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Definitley glad I took advantage of the $200 target tradein for my OG iPad
9. Sauce (Posts: 732; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I made $980 in 2 days plowing snow. 21 yrs old and no college degree. It's not hard to come across money. Would I pay $300 for an iPad 2? Maybe if I was someone who didn't care about specs on paper, like most of society. My sister has an iPad 2 and the thing still runs flawlessly
11. bucky (Posts: 1200; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
The thing that would bug me for that price is the non retina screen.
12. papss (Posts: 2870; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
ha! I just sold my ipad4 on craigs list for 350.00
14. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1442; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I broke down and bought one for my parents because they are old and need something easy to use.
15. atlvideoguy (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Sweet, what a deal. I will be trading my iPad retina for a iPad 2!! J/k I thought they quit making iPad 2's a while back?