Walmart cans employees who tossed and smashed Apple iPad units on video
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Nov 2012, 19:30
Remember that video we showed you the other day of those Walmart employees purposely tossing boxes allegedly containing Apple iPads through the air and smashing them to the ground?; those involved have apparently been fired by the retailer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 19:37 15 1
Get someone in there who deserves and needs a job and will do it right rather than these bozos.
4. Droiddoes posted on 10 Nov 2012, 19:47 2 7
Yes, because I'm sure getting 16 hours a week at sh*t fifty an hour will change their lives.
9. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:00 13 1
Walmart pays more as a big box retailer then most other ones *cough bestbuy cough kmart* Now I do not work for Walmart but some employees make a decent wage for having no formal education. When I worked for Walmart years ago i was consistantly given 40 hrs a week with a set shift and 3 dollars an hour above the states minimum wage. So its the employees that deserve to be fired and in some deep sh*t trouble....its not exactly Walmarts fault.
I work for another big box retailer that only deals with electronics and who cares if i dotn feel i make enough money for what Im worth, i would never destroy merchandise simply because it is WRONG.
13. ajac09 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:06 3 1
they pay more? since when?I know people at other big box places being paid more AND are getting more hours. While at walmart your barely getting part time and barely above minumum wage. I feel for walmart employee's some stores are such drama
20. 14545 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:44 5 1
Maybe they should stop being lazy and get a different job or an education. Just a thought. I get sick and tired of hearing ignorant people blast walmart just for being successful. No one, and I mean not a single person, is FORCED to work at walmart. Heck, I refuse to shop there because the experience is miserable, but people have bought into the fact that they save 30cents for shopping there. So, honestly, it if weren't for walmart then these people wouldn't have a job at all. For that, they should feel fortunate.
37. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 18:48 0 0
14545 you are a wise individual! Very rare these days :)
35. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 18:46 0 0
what state did they work in because many of my friends and family in california, nevada, and utah make more money at walmart than they do at bestbuy, kmart, and target.
27. Nadr1212 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 22:43 0 1
That's not wat happened in August, mr.spokesman
36. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 18:47 0 0
Im no spokesman sir, i am a huge fan of bestbuy as a customer but as for the employees, walmart pays better and actually gives raises more than once a year.
42. Mario1017 posted on 12 Nov 2012, 13:28 1 0
Man I'm glad I live in Canada, its the reverse here, Walmart is the one that pays less than best buy future shop all that by about $3. Average Walmart employee here gets like 9.80
17. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:30 2 1
Better than nothing.
28. rsxl5 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 23:14 2 0
No one is forcing anyone to take and stay at the job but only to do a good work. If anyone doesn't like ; free to go.
What was saw on the video was not accident (that could happen) but extreme stupidity that should be punished.
That could happen anywhere - true.
The point is to move such irresponsible people to jobs they would fit (or jobs not giving them much way to damage other people/company properties, ie: dumpster tracks).
After 2-3 years at a s**tty job, they may get another chance and might appreciate what they took for granted.
12. ajac09 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:05 2 0
never shopped at walmart before have ya? they will just hire more of the same bozos
18. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:31 2 0
I shop at Meijer, much better than Walmart.
30. PapaSmurf posted on 11 Nov 2012, 02:52 0 0
This is true.
31. Topcat488 posted on 11 Nov 2012, 03:51 2 0
Bet these same bozos are breaking windows in their neighborhood trailerpark. And now it's even harder to pay the lot rent, and water bill.
2. InspectorGadget80 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 19:45 3 0
It's because they didn't now they have secuirty cameras in the docking bay area
3. Droiddoes posted on 10 Nov 2012, 19:46 6 0
"you might think twice about making the purchase at Walmart"
This is pretty good advice in general. LMAO @ wal mart
5. BadAssAbe posted on 10 Nov 2012, 19:48 3 0
This kind of stuff happens everywhere, evening shipping before it can even reach the US, look up fedex, ups, and usps on YouTube
10. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:02 2 0
Ive seen SOME Fedex guys kicking boxes like they were soccer balls.
24. Reluctant_Human posted on 10 Nov 2012, 21:44 3 0
But at least if you shop online you don't have to listen to the same horrible Christmas music since mid October.
34. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 18:44 0 0
If you shop online then you render millions of jobs useless and those millions of people will be unemployed. besides with all the crazy hackers out there ill prefer shopping in a store over online. I will noly shop online if i absolutely need to.
45. Reluctant_Human posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:33 0 1
How is this any different than all those cases of store employees and restaurants stealing credit card info? If I were paranoid about that then I would be about using a credit card, ATM or online banking.
6. nyamo posted on 10 Nov 2012, 19:49 0 1
you might want to think twice about video taping any behavior like this. what did they expect when you post youtube videos of being stupid
7. ChafedBanana posted on 10 Nov 2012, 19:51 2 2
You might think twice about making ANY purchase from Walmart. That place is terrible.
14. ajac09 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:08 1 0
anywhere you buy anything from there is a chance its been treated like that. Want a gurantee? go to the factory its made at and watch the one you want produced.
16. Droiddoes posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:19 0 2
wal mart SPECIFICALLY tells manufacturers to make their product to sub standard quality specs so they can sell them cheaper. If the manufacturer doesn't want to do that, wm threatens to not carry any of their products. What do you think the crap that says "made exclusively for wal mart" is talking about?
Yeah, I want to buy my products from a company that is a ok with giving me a sub standard product.
21. 14545 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:47 1 0
You may not be, but some of the underclass people in this world are ok with buying crap. Why is it your place to tell them how to, or not to, spend their money?
32. Droiddoes posted on 11 Nov 2012, 10:53 0 1
It's not my place and I wasn't telling people what to do, no idea where you got that from. If someone wants to buy a peice of sh*t inferior product at wal mart to save a quarter, more power to them. I prefer to be an educated consumer.
40. johnriii posted on 11 Nov 2012, 22:13 1 0
While I'm not a Wal-mart apologist by any standard, I would like to see proof to support your statement. Wal-Mart, while they have a lot of clout, cannot dictate how thousands of products are manufactured. items that are specifically Wal-Mart brands, maybe. but Apple, Sony, motorola, etc? I doubt it. no matter what you may think of Wal-Mart, they are the number one retailer in the U.S. by far, and yes, I can back that up.
8. imkyle posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:00 1 1
Its not only the employees who are bad...... the people who shop their need to learn some f$&*#$+ manners.
11. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:03 1 0
Not all customers lack manners, its those customers that do not have the physical nor mental ability or intelligence to simply say "excuse me" or who have bratty ass kids and let them run around screaming the whole time!
38. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 18:50 1 0
I could simply say the same at Bestbuy, Target, and Kmart. I can go into any one of those and find retarded rude ass people.....and Ive observed illegal immigrants working at Kmarts!
15. techguy22 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:10 4 1
and i applied for that sh^tty company so many times and never got the job. wanted to be a geek squad. yes that crappy position but hey, im a college student i got no choice. and these losers were lucky to get a job there
19. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:41 0 0
Try Radioshack bro. Also try Radioshacks mobile division that has cell phone kiosks in 1500 targets around the country. go to yourwirelesscareer.com
22. 14545 posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:50 3 1
Since when does walmart have a "geek squad"? Given your attitude, one is left to wonder if you did finish your degree. Also, it's fairly clear why you weren't given a job.
39. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 18:56 0 0
walmart doesnt have a geek squad lol. as much as i will defend that wealmart pays generously given the circumstances of the economy and basic education requirements to have a retail job. Plsu there is that 50 question personality quiz every retail job makes you take haha!
44. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 12 Nov 2012, 16:10 0 0
23. mydi.maus posted on 10 Nov 2012, 20:58 2 0
this is just bad,and the holidays just around the corner.Walmart is just the right store for low price products,...where are you gonna shop?...
43. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 12 Nov 2012, 16:09 0 0
yes maam! :)
29. jroc74 posted on 11 Nov 2012, 01:02 1 0
Stupidity all around. On 2nd thought...I'm glad someone did video this. These idiots wont be doing this again anytime soon.
33. 1ceTr0n posted on 11 Nov 2012, 17:16 1 0
As a former worker at Wal-Mart, I approve of anything that screws over that corporate giant
41. johnriii posted on 11 Nov 2012, 22:22 0 0
As a current part time employee of wal-mart, it amazes me the things employees will do thinking they are not on a camera somewhere. Wal-mart may lack in a lot of areas, but I know for a fact that the receiving areas and back room areas have cameras where you would never believe that they are. most people terminated from the GM side of the store (receiving) is from this very same kind of stuff. if you don't think that wally world is not watching, idiots, think again. they have paid fat dollars for very high tech cameras to catch this kind of stuff. now when it comes to customer theft, that's another story....!