WSJ confirms HTC One launch delay, UltraPixel camera components to blame
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2013, 08:44 posted on
Insiders say that Peter Chou pledged his executive position last year, if the HTC One sales don't pan out, and the launch delay isn't helping to offset that pledge. Given what the One offers compared to its competition, the sales are more than likely to be decent, once those component shortages are resolved, but still HTC's CEO has something to really worry about now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. khaledmhawesh (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
The biggest problem right know if this ultra pixel cant beat the 13mp on the s4
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3900; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Lumia 720 already did that... And that in low light shots.
S4 isn't the only phone that exists you know.
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
But based on the GSIV samples, it's the only SMARTphone that managed to produce better photos than the ip5.
36. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3900; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oohohoho...no you don't!
You want me to come out at you with the 808, eh? No thanks man...
52. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I wrote SMARTphone on purpose! Not a cameraphone with some smartphone features.. =]
54. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3900; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's what you always come up with... Cameraphone with smartphone features...that's all you can say.
And you guys talk about how Nokia fans keep talking 'only' about the camera.
808 might not have a grand hardware like any of the flagship Android devices, but it still is a very capable smartphone. Symbian 60 OS owned smartphone world before Android even saw the light of day.
57. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3900; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...and just because Android succeeded Symbian or any OS, it doesn't mean you have to downsize it's capability.
58. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yup S60 was considered as an Smart OS until Symbian 3. lol
60. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3900; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
And that's ^3, successor of S60...in 2010, not so long ago. It's a full smartphone OS if you don't mind me saying.
And need i remind you that S60 was also used in Sony and Samsung devices??
55. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ohh your still spewing your crap i see
the 808 is a smartphone, just because it runs symbian and has less power doesnt take away from this. symbian on a single core runs as smooth as android on quad core. it can also do everything needed that android does. all it doesnt have is a ecosystem as its now dead. but that dead os can do things easier then your precious android..........ohh and has the customisation you love to brag about
so please stop been so blinded
59. SleepingOz (unregistered)
ohh you're still bitter about your inferior OS, I see..
Can your 808 do this? Symbian doesn't even support real time multitasking. I doubt, it'll be able to handle a simple live wallpaper.
53. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Allow me to return the advice.. =]
63. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Perhaps HTC is taking its time to release the HTC One in Ultrapixel variant and another with regular-sized pixels (which will probably sell way more than the one with the hyped camera), say 8 or 12 MP.. Just saying...
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It isn't even the camera sensor problems. It is the fact that HTC can't play at Sammy's level. The GS IV will ship on time and in promised quantities. Behind the splash of the announcement, there is the hard work to have product available to fill orders and get carriers lined up to offer your toys to their customers. There are presently two A level players at that game - Apple and Sammy. Everyone else is at level B or lower.
14. voxmarc (Posts: 332; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
true....that's the camera alone...what if they ran a production problem on alum body....tsk tsk tsk....
37. Diego! (Posts: 621; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
They already are. It turns out the supplier considers HTC as a second-class customer... :/ check out...http://pocketnow.com/2013/03/1
62. voxmarc (Posts: 332; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
they should have learned from Sammy,last year S3 was suppose to launch with 13mp camera module from sony that's Sammy plan,but sony cannot produce the quantity Sammy needs, so they end up with 8mp 3months before the launch last year...
38. zippolite28 (Posts: 106; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I like one and its cam with all features what else I want just waitin
32. SamsungTheSavior (banned) (Posts: 19; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Samsung could have a 1mp camera and kill whatever htc put in their phones.
50. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
in that case i wait for one cus its perfect phone ..
its not matter if its release a little next..
61. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
HTCOne has a problem on metal back cover it took 200 minutes to make 1 cover and camera shortage. Samsung tested aluminum and metal back cover too but decided to used polycarbonate easy to produce and light weight.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Better safe than sorry man....if a delay means a better camera then people should want to wait...
He made the right decision.
19. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
And they are losing their money...a lot..
There are 5 types of customers:
Loyal: They are going to wait anyway like you said
Potential: Could be yours or others - HTC will lose
Impulse: No particular reason. They will purchase what seems good at the time - HTC will lose
Discount: - N/A
Geeks and other company's: Hard to pursuade - HTC will lose
To sum up, they will lose everything except for what they already have
3. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Wsj needs too get a life
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It won't beat the SIV camera.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3900; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You're making a spam out of these images.