WSJ: Zuckerberg tried to buy Snapchat for more than $1 billion
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2013, 22:54 posted on
Mobile messaging service Snapchat is known for its self-destructing messages; the idea of the Mission Impossible like missive is to send a message that you don't want others stumbling on. The company, which just raised $60 million at an $800 million valuation, doesn't turn a profit yet, but is growing rapidly. Last month, the service processed 350 million "snaps" versus the 200 million it processed in June...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 235; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Getting 6 second snaps from companies would be annoying as hell, and there's no guarantee that people would watch them.
2. Sire3008 (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Mark Z has the money to throw around.. Who knows what he has in mind making those moves
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Facebook for Android sucks. It's laggy, and incredibly buggy. Please fix that first before you buy other people apps, Mark Z.
4. joens16 (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 May 2013)
A good way to monetize would be to make you watch a quick ad before you can watch a snap sent to you. I wouldn't want an ad on every snap but maybe every once in a while
5. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
All I am going to say is that SnapChat has provided me many of good images for a while now. That is all!
7. Daytonadave17 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
Snapchat for windows phone please!! I mean dammit. What's the hold up!!???
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I would never sell anything to mark.
10. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I hope Zuckerberg keeps investing in these fads that are turning into toxic assets to at least offset what he gets off Facebook.