WSJ: Demand for BlackBerry Q10 is poor
0. phoneArena 29 Aug 2013, 20:45 posted on
Every now and then, we make a prediction that works out precisely as we called it; take the launch of the BlackBerry Q10. Earlier this year, after the Canadian OEM announced that the all-touch BlackBerry Z10 would be launched before the QWERTY-equipped BlackBerry Z10, we smelled disaster. Why not go with your strengths when launching a whole new platform, and certainly a phone with a physical QWERTY keyboard would be playing to BlackBerry's strength...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fanboy1974 (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Only Android can save them and that might not be enough. The damage is already done.
5. AfterShock (Posts: 524; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Unless old Google just buys them out or floats them a loan to keep wp on its toes for something to do.
Outside of the laughs, stranger things have happened.
15. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Bb10 already has some android stuff built-in. I'd rather see android adopt some of BB10's tricks than the other way around.
It's sad that a company so well renowned and once synonymous with "smartphone" could fall so low, but that us no surprise with such a hubris. Hopefully apple will be next, if it isn't already. It wouldn't hurt BB to consider WP8 based on their clientele and security priorities, but I'd rather see Nokia succeed there than BB.
2. AfterShock (Posts: 524; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Won't need to sharpen the fork much, it should slide right in.
4. aditya.k (Posts: 298; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
LOL! The demand for all the BB phones are poor I guess.
6. Jurdiales (Posts: 101; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
I don't like to say it guys but, Blackberry is really dying, maybe using Android could save it, but, I guess Blackberry prefers to die instead of resurrect... so sad.
16. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
There's no demand for BB's devices. If folks or companies are going to buy android, they'll probably buy samesung due to popularity.
7. GeekMovement (Posts: 1135; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Well look at the price of these outdated devices. Why get BB10 when you can get top end android/windows phone/iphone for the same cost if not less?
9. andrexx24 (banned) (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Give it up already Blackberry we all know you're just a dead man walking!
10. andrexx24 (banned) (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Someone put them out of their misery quick! Lol
11. Armor (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
WHY DO PEOPLE WANT BLACKBERRY TO DIE????????????????? THE MORE COMPANYS OUT THERE THAT ARE DEVELOPING THE BETTER IT IS FOR EVERYONE. IF THERE IS ONLY ANDROID AND NO ONE ELSE WHAT WOULD THE PRICE OF PHONES GO TO???? I HATE APPLE AND ANDROID BUT I DO NOT WANT THEM TO DIE. THEY HELP EVERYONE. BB10 IS BY FAR THE BEST OS ON THE PLANET. TRY IT YOUR SELF AND SEE. REMEMBER WHO INVENTED THE SMARTPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14. GeekMovement (Posts: 1135; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I wanted blackberry to survive too, but I cannot help feel disappointed by their "best efforts". If they are going to charge the same amount for their midranging specs the same as high end smartphones today, it's not going to work. On top of that, blackberry doesn't have a lot of app support and since BB10 OS is brand new, I can't say it's totally reliable yet. It would need a lot more time to blossom into a more stable OS, but they won't be able to do that because they've released the Z10 and Q10 too late.
I was personally disappointed by the designs of their handsets too. I prefer the bold 9900/9930 design over the Q10 and the Z10 is just a typical black iphone-shaped device. Maybe if their devices were $50-$100 on contract I'd only consider it. $199 is out of the question for me.
Oh well, it was worth seeing blackberry giving it's last effort.. it will be missed.
Bring on the Sailfish OS!
18. BillyG (Posts: 303; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
why? because we don't need blackberry. plain and simple.
21. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Even if blackberry dies competition will still be strong. Just cause one company dies out doesn't mean thar stops innovation. Someone else will pop up to replace them. Im tired of people saying "competition for consumers!" One monkey don't stop no show.
12. Armor (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Everyone remember when Apple almost completely died!!!!!!!!!!! Lets see, Who bailed them out and saved them??? Wait it was Microsoft...
17. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
If BB were like apple, we'd start hearing BB request the Canadian government to block imports and sales of any competing company.
19. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Demand is poor and price is strong.
20. StreetNerd (Posts: 684; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
good thing i trade in my Q10 for the Lumia 925 (i just lost 5 euro xD)