WSJ: Carriers not as keen on Tizen as they were before
0. phoneArena 03 Feb 2014, 00:26 posted on
Every time we get close to a launch for a Tizen powered handset, something seems to happen. to delay the project. Japan's DoCoMo was all set to make an announcement about the phone in the middle of last month. The carrier's president, Kaoru Kato, practiced his speech a month in advance, signifying the importance of Tizen for the mobile operator...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Tizen = Bada OS of 2014
8. snowgator (Posts: 3294; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Any one remeber peterlfromsweden? Biggest Bada fan I ever met. He was all on board Bada's bandwagon and defended it almost all the way to it's death, leaving Phone Arena just a couple months before Samsung discontinued it.
He was a fun fan boy.
10. Dastrix (Posts: 620; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Exactly! Tizen = Bada = Failure = Dead upon Arrival.
2. Liveitup (Posts: 1579; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Doubtful we will see Tizen OS in North America, with Samsung and Google (Android) becoming best buddies as of late that further diminishes Tizen's chances of a healthy existence.
3. Qbancelli (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Mar 2010)
Yeah, nobody is asking for this but Google haters.
4. a_merryman (Posts: 718; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I literally have no desires for another mobile OS, especially one as ugly as Tizen. We already have Android, iOS, and WP8. The only other interesting mobile OS that will be coming out is ubuntu touch.
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, and don't forget BlackBerry cuz BlackBerry isn't dead yet. I hope they will make a comeback with the help of their CEO John Chen.
5. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Tizens fate will be that of Bada. I guess Samsung hasn't learned but nice try though.
11. snowgator (Posts: 3294; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Amen and Amen.
Stupid HP. Now it is just a TV interface. Hurts to think about....