Voice Unlock debuts with the Lenovo A586
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Dec 2012, 01:51
Face Unlock is now passe after hearing that Voice Unlock has debuted on the Lenovo A586, which launched in China on Friday; speaking a passphrase, the handset's owner will be able to unlock the device even if he grows a beard or gets plastic surgery...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Izzy_V posted on 02 Dec 2012, 01:56 3 1
At least that demonstrates the feature isn't limited to high end phones/requires flagship-level specs. Good job Lenovo..
19. InspectorGadget80 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 19:56 0 0
This is simply awesome. let just hope apple doesn't try to patent and steal this one. i hope they would put VOICE UNLOCK in all android devices later software update
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 02 Dec 2012, 02:06 1 1
Eric Clapton example is hilarious, but seriously the phone would still recognize him unless he had a plastic surgery to make him even more attractive.
And no worries as Lenovo phones are obviously not for stars unlike Note 2 or Xperia LOL.
4. XiphiasGladius posted on 02 Dec 2012, 02:25 0 1
Price wise? indeed. Lenovo phones are mostly aimed at the mid range segment. Their High End phones are even priced at the mid range price range of the big OEM's mid range phones.
3. JC557 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 02:25 0 1
Hopefully Lenovo will expand the ThinkPad line to include business class smartphones with this technology along with biometrics.
5. xuerantiger posted on 02 Dec 2012, 02:33 0 0
now that i see this im wondering why anyone didnt think of this sooner...
6. T.... posted on 02 Dec 2012, 03:45 1 1
Lenovo! How dare you copy iPhone 6S's most outstanding feature? Get ready to be sued! :P
8. Droid_X_Doug posted on 02 Dec 2012, 04:40 1 0
Somehow, I doubt that Apple will be going too hard into voice-based biometric security. They have been investing in finger print scanning technology.
Of course, the finger print technology investment could be just a ruse intended to confuse the copycats....
15. moronman66 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 11:24 0 0
They are kind of copying with the fingerprinting, laptops used to have that feature a lot and the original Atrix had a biometric fingerprint smart sensor, but if they do that, then they will market it like it's a new technology
16. Droid_X_Doug posted on 02 Dec 2012, 12:24 0 0
Apple may in fact be copying others and then try to claim they invented finger print recognition. But that is where they seem to be headed. Every time I have to experience a voice response system, I am reminded of how the technology seems perpetually not ready for prime time.
7. Droid_X_Doug posted on 02 Dec 2012, 04:36 0 0
I am wondering how voice recognition works when the user has a cold? Or laryngitis? Especially since winter is fast approaching in the northern hemisphere.
9. someones4 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 04:50 1 1
WOW...this is so sci-fi. The xperia T featured in Skyfall should show off one of these. But NOOO... the Xperia gets a single miserable frame and it is used to receive a text message. Worse product placement ever.
10. MC1123 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 05:12 0 0
lenovo can really surpass samsung... and they are concentrating in asia first..but pretty soon they'll bring it in western market!
they are good looking phones..but still looks like some copycat of other manufacturer!
17. rusticguy posted on 02 Dec 2012, 12:44 0 0
Good so mimicry artists can unlock anyone's phone ?