Vodafone warns its Apple iPhone 4S customers not to update to iOS 6.1
0. phoneArena 08 Feb 2013, 18:52 posted on
Vodafone is warnings its customers with the Apple iPhone 4S that they should not update to iOS 6.1 because the latest version of Apple's operating system has an issue that can prevent the user from making phone calls, sending and receiving text messages and accessing the web; the problems are intermittent and the fault lies with Cupertino...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. jroc74 (Posts: 5363; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Hey....you're right. Didnt someone on here the other day just say it works right out the box....hmmmmm. In fact I see ppl at other forums say this. Oddly tho....ppl are saying it less n less. I guess reality is finally setting in thats its just like any other OS.
I could've posted iPhone troubleshooting forums for the person on here that said it just works....but I can just point them to this article....
20. bigdawg23 (Posts: 414; Member since: 25 May 2011)
iOS and Android equally have issues. Didn't Samsung just issue a patch on some SG3 as it had a Exynos exploited that would brick your phone? I own a Note 1 and iPhone 5. Bth top have there faults. I rooted and rom'd my Note in hopes of eliminate issues like battery drain, but not luck. As for 6.1, my phone works just fine.
24. gustavoace (Posts: 129; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Exynos exploit has NOTHING to do with android, to be honest.. Not that I like Samsung and I know android have its issues, but this isnt one.
26. jroc74 (Posts: 5363; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
....thats why I said....
"I guess reality is finally setting in thats its just like any other OS."
53. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Don't you wonder why they thumbed you down 6x, just for speaking the truth bro? All most android users wanna know/hear is anti apple/pro android stories. Anything that's not praising android, and condemning apple gets red. I own the note 2 and ip5, but due to how long I've been with iOS it remains my daily driver, and yes I have issues with BOTH devices here and there. Overall both are top notch though, so I see where you're coming from.
57. jroc74 (Posts: 5363; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I didnt thumb him down....but its like he didnt even read my post.
58. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've never really known you to b childishly hating on apple or disrespecting its users. Wasn't singling u out bro.
63. lyndon420 (Posts: 2801; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Exactly. Well said. They both have their issues which is to be expected with an electronic device...especially if it's running an operating system etc. The price difference is enormous though for what you end up getting as a consumer.
64. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4170; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The patch had nothing to do with Android, it had to do with the Exynos chip, the fact that the chip was in an Android device was irrelevant.
This problem is the OS itself blocking data connectivity intermittently, so every 4S updated to 6.1 on that network could be potentially affected by it, whereas only devices using the Exynos chip could possibly be affected by the exploit. So it wasn't Android that had the issue, it was the Exynos chip that had the issue.
You put it out of context; you compared a problem that could affect only devices with the Exynos 4210 and 4412, to a problem that could affect EVERY iPhone 4S, or possibly every iPhone running iOS 6.1.
39. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Apparently, you're holding the wrong iPhone 4S.
41. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
lol.......you should stop hating apple too much nathan...i find you in many apple related articles bashing apple , sometimes for no big reason.
42. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That was a bash? Oh my God...i didn't know. I thought it was a traditional joke.
43. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
By the way, i don't hate Apple, i just don't like it the way i do to Androids and WP. My love for Apple died with the 4S...i was speculating a better looking 5, something revolutionary like Apple did with the 4S. I held Apple high before i came here...just not up to it anymore. And yes, those are jokes...i don't think there's any problem in posting them?
54. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nathan? C'mon bro. It's kinda obvious my man. Me not hating android is accurate, you not hating apple...not so much.
59. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Why? Cause you have the Note II and i don't?
Like i said, i don't hate Apple... Let Apple come up with something totally different but good...save for the OS (i'd like to think it's their identity) and you'll see me vying for it. Wanna bet?
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok that's fair, no argument from me on that. Now u sound more like a techie. I'm primarily an iOS user, but I'm a techie overall. Like I don't have a Mac bro, I have a windows pc, and last valentines day I bought my fiancé a galaxy tab 8.9. I pretty much like it all, and iOS does have its hiccups... I won't deny that, but its a solid OS. Time for a facelift though lol.
68. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
if ios7 gets a new UI , apple will get back into the game. the UI is getting old but it has a rich UI !
bring the thermo-nuclear war with '5S and math' apple !!
70. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lets hope so, but without the thermo nuclear war. Just a cool makeover.
3. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I've seen some weird issued caused by iOS 6.1 alright,I've had some customers come in and their wifi will no longer switch on,some reporting erratic battery life. Some iphones needed a full restore after failing half way through the installation of iOS 6.1
IOS software,the pinnacle of technology
5. jan25 (Posts: 442; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
I am having the wifi issues with the iphone 5 on 6.1 and the wheather app keeps crashing too.
33. -box- (Posts: 3967; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I've heard a lot of issues with "gray WiFi", where the phone thinks it is connected to WiFi but is using the cellular data, causing massive overages and data consumption (about 7GB more than usual!)
iPhail so hard!
48. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Ya that's the one,it seems a lot of customers have had their WiFi switch disabled by the latest iOS update. The WiFi switch simply won't turn on. A few having this issue also with Bluetooth. Add these new problems to the infamous "cant switch on caller display" fault inherent in iphones and it seems like apple just doesn't like toggle switches!
4. GeneralTsosChicken (Posts: 22; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I updated my Iphone 4S to IOS 6.1 last week and the next day BAM!.....Got Aids
22. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Love your nick and comment xD
and darkkjedii, do all of us a favor..................and close your PA acct. K, thnx.
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nope I'll keep it open just to anger u. Android fanboy
30. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
No one is angerd with u, they don't and hate dislike Apple fans, and users, please have have self respect and like like what Gramacer1 said go away, and close your account...
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Stop being a copycat follower dude. Make up your own lol. That was weak
7. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
iOS is like a revolving door.. its the same thing since the beginning.
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
True to their address -- "1 Infinite Loop" :)
27. tedkord (Posts: 7157; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Its a revolving door with only one opening. Your always end up in the same place you started.
34. -box- (Posts: 3967; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
And it keeps spinning, keeping the occupants dizzy and disoriented, making it even harder to see what is outside and how to get out (or that they even CAN get out!)
50. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
A revolving door you lose more and more cash on the more you go around on it!
35. -box- (Posts: 3967; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
And they (mostly?) own Verizon... Coincidence? I think not.
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So now the PR team will be working overtime yet again ... myxtyxpyx says Vodafone is unnecessarily making it a big issue out of something which is very trivial. Afterall 6.1 fixed serious security issues so what ... 6.2 will fix those ...
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Too bad I just updated, each and every device
12. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
i have no issues so far with my iphone 5.. wifi works great. People should do a full restore through itunes.. not OTA.
29. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Don't bother posting, no one likes Apple, and you.
31. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
then why are u posting on apple post lol..
47. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly man. He, and his android pals spend more time on apple articles than android. If you're such an android techie, that hates apple so much, and it sucks soooo much, then why even be bothered with it? In secret they really want an iOS device. Also the 6.1 update has made my ip5 faster, better on wifi, and the battery last longer...great update.
36. ojdidit84 (Posts: 428; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
People like you are the reason why Android posters look like idiots. Have some damn sense and speak like an adult. I like(love) Android as much as the next guy but people like you need to grow TF up whether you're an Android, iOS, BB, WP or whatever platform fan and learn some damn communication skills.
Lastly, stop trolling and telling people to shut up about their apple product on a post about iPhones and iOS. Seriously, iOS fans, besides Mxy and Gallitoking don't bother us on Android posts nearly as much as the low-life, elementary school educated fools that babble on and troll on iOS articles. I hate the fact that I enjoy the same platform as some of you.
38. ojdidit84 (Posts: 428; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
No, addressing the troll that replied to your post.
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No he's an android user that's actually mature, and doesn't bother people who exercise their freedom of choice that android users always talk about...even if that choice is another platform. Kudos to you.
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Wow bro well said. +1 and +2 if I could. You made excellent points.
62. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yah its quite strange we dont comment on android post. well in my view, both platforms are great... people should understand it a lot better. +1 to u darkkjedii
44. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
You should have read the article TITLE at least? It mentions 4S .. and you are blowing trumpets for 5 :)
16. ama3654 (Posts: 288; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
23. MartyK (Posts: 730; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
BB needs to swoop on in to save the day for business user..
19. Twisted247 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
My cousin updated to 6.1 over the last few days and her 4s got completely factory reset through I tunes.. she lost everything. She is an at&t customer