Vocre for iOS provides near-instant language translation, helps you find a foreign girlfriend
1. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow, android has had that.. and for free.. for a long time now. :) google translate :)
3. iwebdroidberry7 (Posts: 230; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
You seem to forget that the iPhone had Google translate FIRST. There are a plethora of choices in the app store, this is just another great option.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
There are some nuances to successful translation. For example Four more years literally translates to Quatro mas anos (please pardon the missing punctuation) in Spanish. But if you went to a Spanish speaking country, their equivalent translation would be Quatro anos mas. And then there is the matter of brand names - the Mister Clean product in the U.S. becomes Maestro Limpio south of the U.S. border with Mexico. Maestro generally translates to master in Spanish.
I haven't seen how the translators handle these nuances.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
PA - thank you again for providing the edit function. I used it to edit some typos in my post above.
7. thatjackal (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
But is it going to get grammar correct? Grammar is a horrible nightmare when people use things like Google Translate...