Vivo X1 arrives: world's new thinnest smartphone is also a joy for Hi-Fi enthusiasts
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2012, 08:10 posted on
We would not blame you if you have not heard about the Vivo X1. Made by Chinese BBK Electronics, the X1 however is worth a special mention…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xfire99 (Posts: 792; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Thin and no bezel, just make it more difficult to hold the phone. Never I want such a device. It do looks very nice, but using it too are more important and just how it looks.
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
The battery is as large as DNA, the only draw back is screen res. But it is a real feat nevertherless.
pick up the gloves, SS & HTC
14. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I thought they were gonna a say 2,500 USD, phew!!
23. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's neat in its thinness and bezel size but looks like a smooshed GS3 with an iphone5-esque back. Too generic.
2. dorianb (Posts: 591; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Uh Oh... "Rounded" edges. Wait. It's China. So what's a patent?
I'd but it for $250-$275 maybe.
26. AlecSmith (unregistered)
I don't know if you've seen the back of an iPhone 5 before but this phone pretty much copies its design exactly.
And this company won't get in any trouble in China. China is by far the biggest copy-cat nation in history. They thrive on cheap replicas of products from other countries.
29. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Did you know Apple products, as well as the Samsung Galaxy S3 you are holding right now, is made in that country? instead of saying it copied here and there, why don't you think the other way- no china, no cheap phones = less ppl can afford.
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
The Chinese are pretty impressive at technology considering they arent as well funded as most electronic companies...probably a lot less RnD yet we keep seeing pretty awesome stuff. Make some of these international!
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm really up for the OPPO find series!
19. MeoCao (unregistered)
But most Chinese companies do not have to pay for patents, that makes things easier for sure.
4. android_hitman (unregistered)
iThought that the iphone 5 is the tinnest mobile in the world? :(
is apple lying?
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
No, Apple don't lie...it's the Vivo that's lying!
28. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Apparently, no one got my joke on Apple!!
30. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
That is because you forgot the ''.
How you expect us to think that your joke is very ''funny''?
31. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I didn't expect it to be very funny...i just wanted it out of my system, lol!
5. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Why is it everyone non apple article has anti-apple comment? If is was not for android fanboy I would not know about apple.
13. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
because they feel the need to mention them, there more obsessed then the fans
16. SGSatlantis (Posts: 222; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Every comment on Apple is about their pricing policy or the abusing of the patent system. And those are facts, not fanboy rants or mindless acusations.
20. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no mate its not, half the comments are in the same tone as ''apple is s**t'' or'' who buys crappy apple''
there are mindless fanboy obsessions and rants
24. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
hushh... dont cry baby... ill keep you safe from now on... xoxo
25. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
whatever d**k weasel, keep your track record of been a knob i see
27. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
ohh... its alright... you can lean on my shoulder if you like... ☺
21. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Then go ahead and toss Samsung in there, as well. Their pricing for flagships is pretty close, with lower build costs, and they abuse FRAND patents. I would hate to see you betray your idealism by only including one offender, since those are obviously important issues to you.
6. lallolu (Posts: 453; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
China has now arrived in the phone scene for real, things are going to be really interesting and cheap.
9. huypaulha94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
If Asus were anything like Apple that company would have been slapped with a lawsuit in about a week or so!
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
All i can think of now, is this company is ((((Kicking iT))))...Another beautiful smartphone for the Android OS consumer to pick from... The Chinese are the makers of the iphone, all of them are made in China, only the headquarters (offices) are based in the U.S.of A.... Don't you dare underestimate China... ;)
12. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
These super thin phones always come with cheap hardware like mediatek processors which are often clocked at 1.2ghz (look at oppo finder!)
17. saffant (Posts: 271; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Nice phone, but honestly who comes up with these names? "Oppo" ? really? You'd think 1.35 billion people could come up with a better name, huh?
18. angelesmec (unregistered)
This phone looks like a Galaxy S II or a Galaxy S Advance on the front and looks like an iPhone 5 on the back..
33. yellowsynapse (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 May 2013)
you cant just say this phone looks like this or that, you cant judge it by the looks, honestly every phone nowadays looks a bit of this and that, try it first before judging
22. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I don't know if this important. But the image say 6.55mm and article say 6.65mm
34. johnjohnjohn (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
I have just bought this phone after looking for a new phone and comaired it with others and it really is an outstanding phone, I keep finding new things on the phone which are very good and the sound is amaxing, great buy.
35. pinkish (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
plz can anyone tell me how to change the language from Chinese to English on my Vivo X1 ASAP plz. Many Tanx