Vivo X1 arrives: world's new thinnest smartphone is also a joy for Hi-Fi enthusiasts
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Nov 2012, 08:10
We would not blame you if you have not heard about the Vivo X1. Made by Chinese BBK Electronics, the X1 however is worth a special mention…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xfire99 posted on 22 Nov 2012, 08:14 3 7
Thin and no bezel, just make it more difficult to hold the phone. Never I want such a device. It do looks very nice, but using it too are more important and just how it looks.
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 22 Nov 2012, 09:38 2 0
The battery is as large as DNA, the only draw back is screen res. But it is a real feat nevertherless.
pick up the gloves, SS & HTC
14. Nadr1212 posted on 22 Nov 2012, 09:57 0 0
I thought they were gonna a say 2,500 USD, phew!!
23. -box- posted on 22 Nov 2012, 11:26 1 0
It's neat in its thinness and bezel size but looks like a smooshed GS3 with an iphone5-esque back. Too generic.
2. dorianb posted on 22 Nov 2012, 08:36 1 2
Uh Oh... "Rounded" edges. Wait. It's China. So what's a patent?
I'd but it for $250-$275 maybe.
26. AlecSmith posted on 23 Nov 2012, 02:32 0 0
I don't know if you've seen the back of an iPhone 5 before but this phone pretty much copies its design exactly.
And this company won't get in any trouble in China. China is by far the biggest copy-cat nation in history. They thrive on cheap replicas of products from other countries.
29. Raymond_htc posted on 27 Nov 2012, 09:27 0 0
Did you know Apple products, as well as the Samsung Galaxy S3 you are holding right now, is made in that country? instead of saying it copied here and there, why don't you think the other way- no china, no cheap phones = less ppl can afford.
3. darkskoliro posted on 22 Nov 2012, 08:47 8 0
The Chinese are pretty impressive at technology considering they arent as well funded as most electronic companies...probably a lot less RnD yet we keep seeing pretty awesome stuff. Make some of these international!
19. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 22 Nov 2012, 10:33 1 0
But most Chinese companies do not have to pay for patents, that makes things easier for sure.
4. android_hitman posted on 22 Nov 2012, 08:49 8 1
iThought that the iphone 5 is the tinnest mobile in the world? :(
is apple lying?
8. Nathan_ingx posted on 22 Nov 2012, 09:09 1 6
No, Apple don't lie...it's the Vivo that's lying!
30. Raymond_htc posted on 27 Nov 2012, 09:28 0 0
That is because you forgot the ''.
How you expect us to think that your joke is very ''funny''?
31. Nathan_ingx posted on 27 Nov 2012, 09:33 0 0
I didn't expect it to be very funny...i just wanted it out of my system, lol!
5. ngo2dd posted on 22 Nov 2012, 08:52 5 2
Why is it everyone non apple article has anti-apple comment? If is was not for android fanboy I would not know about apple.
13. chaoticrazor posted on 22 Nov 2012, 09:56 2 3
because they feel the need to mention them, there more obsessed then the fans
16. SGSatlantis posted on 22 Nov 2012, 10:08 9 2
Every comment on Apple is about their pricing policy or the abusing of the patent system. And those are facts, not fanboy rants or mindless acusations.
20. chaoticrazor posted on 22 Nov 2012, 11:16 2 2
no mate its not, half the comments are in the same tone as ''apple is s**t'' or'' who buys crappy apple''
there are mindless fanboy obsessions and rants
24. megabok (banned) posted on 22 Nov 2012, 15:04 0 1
hushh... dont cry baby... ill keep you safe from now on... xoxo
25. chaoticrazor posted on 22 Nov 2012, 15:19 0 1
whatever d**k weasel, keep your track record of been a knob i see
27. megabok (banned) posted on 23 Nov 2012, 05:35 0 1
ohh... its alright... you can lean on my shoulder if you like... ☺
21. Hemlocke posted on 22 Nov 2012, 11:17 0 2
Then go ahead and toss Samsung in there, as well. Their pricing for flagships is pretty close, with lower build costs, and they abuse FRAND patents. I would hate to see you betray your idealism by only including one offender, since those are obviously important issues to you.
6. lallolu posted on 22 Nov 2012, 09:04 4 0
China has now arrived in the phone scene for real, things are going to be really interesting and cheap.
9. huypaulha94 posted on 22 Nov 2012, 09:16 1 0
If Asus were anything like Apple that company would have been slapped with a lawsuit in about a week or so!
10. Topcat488 posted on 22 Nov 2012, 09:16 1 1
All i can think of now, is this company is ((((Kicking iT))))...Another beautiful smartphone for the Android OS consumer to pick from... The Chinese are the makers of the iphone, all of them are made in China, only the headquarters (offices) are based in the U.S.of A.... Don't you dare underestimate China... ;)
12. Kronic (banned) posted on 22 Nov 2012, 09:45 0 1
These super thin phones always come with cheap hardware like mediatek processors which are often clocked at 1.2ghz (look at oppo finder!)
17. saffant posted on 22 Nov 2012, 10:11 0 0
Nice phone, but honestly who comes up with these names? "Oppo" ? really? You'd think 1.35 billion people could come up with a better name, huh?
18. angelesmec posted on 22 Nov 2012, 10:17 0 0
This phone looks like a Galaxy S II or a Galaxy S Advance on the front and looks like an iPhone 5 on the back..
33. yellowsynapse posted on 0 0
you cant just say this phone looks like this or that, you cant judge it by the looks, honestly every phone nowadays looks a bit of this and that, try it first before judging
22. RapidCat posted on 22 Nov 2012, 11:22 0 0
I don't know if this important. But the image say 6.55mm and article say 6.65mm