Visualized: Samsung Galaxy S5 sales compared to Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5s / 5c sales
0. phoneArena 13 May 2014, 08:40 posted on
Samsung allegedly shipped 10 million new Galaxy S5 flagship smartphones around the world in 25 days, this meaning that the handset is a bit more popular than the older S4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Waiting for note 3
2. tech2 (Posts: 2735; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
My gawd, the best of Android is still far from toppling down iPhone anytime sooner !
4. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
S5 isn't the best Android. Sony Z2 apparently is.
7. ajac09 (Posts: 1375; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Opinion. Personally think the note 3 is and note 4 will be.
24. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
note 3 is the best and will only be bested by note 4. end of story
10. tech2 (Posts: 2735; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Is that why Sony is still listed in 'others' category when we see smartphone shipments ?
A company which struggles to release its best phone on carriers and suffers from overheating and staining problem is not exactly the best.
15. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Maybe because Sony's marketing isn't as huge as Samsung's.
Don't be mad at me because Sony made the better device.
I, in fact, hate the HUGE size of the Z2.
19. tech2 (Posts: 2735; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Are you one of those who think a company's success is all due to marketing ? Well, my friend, I'd suggest you should take up a distance learning course in Business Admin.
FYI, yes, Samsung has a huge marketing budget but they also have the highest R&D spending. #HalfTruthIsFullLie
25. MrTzr (unregistered)
Overheating problem? What overheating problem? My Z2 doesn't get hot at all. Only if I use 4k-recording for over five minutes.
27. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
'My z2 doesnt heat..
Oh it heats in this situation'
Make up your mind first
32. Axara35 (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Which is normal. 4K demands the highest efforts of the processor and cpu graphics, to name a few. You people don't know that if you want higher resolution, the demands on the other components is also higher? I'm so tired of hearing ''it overheats''. For information, that's why the SGS5, the ''beloved flagship'' to everyone now, advises not to film in 4K for more than 5 min, otherwise it'll overheat and turn down the camera instantaneously, whether you want it to or not.
30. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Are you a 4 years old kid that if it over heats that your gonna tell mummy
All electric devices heat up
I advise you not to buy highEnd phone and buy mid spec phones which won't heat up cause of using average spec
16. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I've been here, but not posting much.
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1375; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Only in the US. World wide Android is number 1
21. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Quit being silly, iPhone with millions of users means they sell a lot of phones each release (obviously). If Android only had 1 model, considering the overall userbase is 78% of the entire market, it would crush iPhone sales beyond words. Android userbase is spread of hundreds of phones not 1 lousy S hit release every other year
3. jrod78414 (Posts: 102; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
isnt the iphone decieving the 5s was new not the 5c they just clumped together still they did sell.
8. ajac09 (Posts: 1375; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
iphonearena strikes again. Especially since the 5c isnt selling well at all and 5s sales right now are doing horrid.
35. PBXtech (Posts: 994; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Probably because Apple won't release the data because they'd have to face everyone knowing the 5c didn't sell anywhere as they expected it to.
5. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
It's truly respectable how apple built such a huge fanbase, and I love how the GS5 is doing right now, the best days for Samsung are still ahead, can't wait for Note 4 and even S6...
9. ajac09 (Posts: 1375; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Dont say that to loud. Both sides will eat you alive lol.
13. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Neither camp has much to whine about there from his post.
12. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
iPhone 5 numbers were sales, however the iPhone 5s and 5c numbers were shipments.
Also Samsung has not reported any numbers, just a news site in korea.
22. Ninetysix (Posts: 1782; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
26. brrunopt (Posts: 613; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
From the POV of any company shipments are sales , they have sold those units to resellers .
How can they guarantee that are only sales ? the only way to grantee that is if they only account Apple store sales (witch i doubt) , and they are sold through many other stores..
28. superfans (Posts: 153; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Haters gonna hate, their butts just hurt! XD
14. nbringer (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Plots are incompatible. Show how long it took for Apple to sell 10 milion flagships, not 9 milion, not how much it sold in three days...
23. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 222; Member since: 08 May 2014)
While I understand the sentiment, it wouldn't change it up that much and the main point would still be there. I'm more concerned about the 5s/c combo vs just the GS5
17. RaulBlas (Posts: 22; Member since: 31 Mar 2014)
Android customers had a lot of alternatives, so the most anxious don´t need to wait a full year before the next flagship launch, some brands like Samsung and Sony make 2 launches a year, and ofcourse they can go to another brand anytime. IOS customers had it harder, they need to wait for september every year and it´s really every 2 years when they may really want to trade them old iphone, because usually there´s little change from year to year. 2014 will definitely be different, it is very predictable, because many will go for the big screen of the iphone 6
33. Axara35 (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 May 2014)
2 launches a year? FGS (For god's sake), Samsung launches 2 flagships (Galaxy series and Note series) and floods the market with crappy phones that are a cheap copy of their flagships available in the moment...
20. trqster (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 May 2013)
Apple will always be Apple and in that sense the iPhone will always be different from anything else on the market, appealing to people who value the fashion/status appeal of a mobile device and general buyers of the 'premium' segment and not so much for the specs & technology per ser... No way Samsung with all of its cheap galaxy branding ou there can compete on the same level… It appeals to people on other levels, such as (low) price devices, or sometimes really great innovative devices such as the Note 3.
29. donfem (Posts: 567; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
How "cheap" in your opinion is the Galaxy branding? How "premium" is the iphone really? Aside from the feeling of "owning a phone cool enough to be seen with", what does an iphone offer which other flagships do not?
36. PBXtech (Posts: 994; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Comment straight out of 2010. Google has come a long way since then.
37. obiwan (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 May 2014)
it's called love. you cannot explain it, people will buy iphone because they love it and the status it brings regardless of the price and the features.