Virgin Mobile rumored to be getting HTC EVO 3D; will offer it as the HTC EVO V 4G
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Apr 2012, 20:29
According to PocketNow, Sprint is sneding over the HTC EVO 3D to its pre-paid subsidiary Virgin Mobile where the device will be known as the HTC EVO V 4G; the handset is expected to be offered in grey and plum, the latter having been an exclusive shade for Best Buy customers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. savien808 posted on 02 Apr 2012, 20:32 0 11
ugly just ugly, im sorry i really dislike this phone.
2. Birds posted on 02 Apr 2012, 20:35 3 0
Theres nothing to dislike. My cousin had this phone and before he went to jail I played with it for a few days and the performance was great. But I do think this is the worst Idea ever. Your average consumer won't buy a 400$ phone. This price better be very competitive.
9. Doakie posted on 02 Apr 2012, 22:42 4 0
It's okay, you just have bad taste. You probably own an iPhone and can't appreciate awesome hardware...
15. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 03 Apr 2012, 00:53 1 2
Don't say that. You'll make ugly loo bad.
21. phones522 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 14:26 0 0
do you have the phone have you used it i own it and its great and the design is great
3. Roomaku posted on 02 Apr 2012, 21:34 0 0
Hope this becomes a trend for Virgin, bringing older sprint phones would help keep up with Straight Talk, and other BYOD carriers. If Virgin could release New-Old Sprint phones every two months I think they would give other carriers a run for there money. I vote for the HTC Arrive next :)
4. stealthd posted on 02 Apr 2012, 21:56 0 0
Wow. Typically Virgin Mobile has phones that are about 18 months behind the current top of the line devices. This would shrink that gap a bit.
I wonder what they'll charge though. The Moto Triumph is still $280 at a lot of places (it's almost like a slightly mini Evo). Evo 3D would probably be like $350-400.
5. bikingpadres posted on 02 Apr 2012, 22:15 0 0
This also could mean that if virgin mobile got it they could also get 4g wimax because of the 4g in the new name of the phone
17. DanMarino13 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 05:41 0 0
i'm going to seriously doubt that. and IF in fact Virgin Mobile gets "wimax 4g" there are very few markets it would work in, and Sprint is no longer adding new wimax markets. I really don't think they are going to have wimax. mainly because if virgin mobile does get wimax, it will be wasting spectrum that i'm sure sprint will want to use in the near future.
6. PryvateiDz posted on 02 Apr 2012, 22:25 0 0
It's very possible. It's been said Virgin & Boost would be getting 4G this year. & a reliable source said it's been moved to the later half of this year. With that being said, they have to get 4G devices, this would follow up with those plans.
7. illuminatemyfate posted on 02 Apr 2012, 22:32 2 0
The EVO 3D is a great phone. Maybe not quite as good as the SGSII but the second best phone on Sprint currently. One of the top hitters over all too, I think it's a bit underrated. It will look terribly outdated later this year though once the SGSIII, EVO One series and new motos launch. Still pretty cool that you can pick up a phone of this quality on Virgin Mobile. I can't imagine anyone willing to pay the price it'll cost though.
16. cripton805 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 01:04 0 0
I will switch to Boost if this is true. I will cut my bill in half! Boost works as much as VZW in my area except for LTE.
19. DanMarino13 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 05:45 0 0
go find a friend with a smartphone on boost, both of you download speedtest.net from the android app market, compare both your data speeds on 3g. then go ahead and tell me they are the same.
8. illuminatemyfate posted on 02 Apr 2012, 22:33 1 0
Also you could get the Plum 3D at AmazonWireless as well.
10. Bashok posted on 02 Apr 2012, 22:44 0 0
Finally, I might actually dump my Optimus V now....
12. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 02 Apr 2012, 23:05 1 0
Wish Verizon would offer this kind of deal on their prepaid network. Droid X2 or Droid 3 would be amazing.
13. rockstarlive posted on 02 Apr 2012, 23:52 0 0
Prepaid going wIth better phones. Next a SGII
14. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 03 Apr 2012, 00:53 0 3
So where's the better phones? All I see are scraps.
18. DanMarino13 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 05:43 1 0
Evo 3D is as far as specs go, a high end phone. older, yes. but no "scraps" at all. if it does get released, it will by far be the best smartphone any prepaid carrier offers.... smh
20. kindlefireowner posted on 03 Apr 2012, 09:22 0 0
2 words. Clearwire's broke. If Sprint is leaving wimax, why should I spend $400 on a 4G wimax phone on which Sprint may not support.
22. roblox84 posted on 04 Apr 2012, 12:57 0 0
I hope this rumor is in fact true. I'll be all over this phone if Virgin Mobile gets it. I was actually waiting for the One V and then I saw this and would much rather wait for this phone.
23. animestar posted on 16 Apr 2012, 21:26 0 0
I noticed this article fails to mention if its Virgin Mobile USA getting this phone. It most likely is going to Canada. USA gets the sh**t phones tied to Virgin Mobile.
24. squallz506 posted on 22 Apr 2012, 18:19 0 0
USA and canada virgin mobile are completely seperate. VMUSA is owned by sprint not virgin, and is a prepaid brand.