Video shows the downside of smartphone use
This is the subject of an independent 2 minute plus video that is titled "I Forgot My Phone". The video shows situations where a smartphone user (or users) have crossed the line. Perhaps the most telling scene is the one where a group is sitting down to eat and while one woman in the group is trying to talk face to face, the others are face down, their attention absorbed by the smartphone in their hands.
Surely we are all guilty of doing things seen in this video and you probably can remember being in similar situations. The thing is, when you are guilty of abandoning the real life in front of you for your handset, it doesn't seem like such a terrible act until you see someone else doing it.
source: charstarleneTV via Gizmodo
2. amats69 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LOL so true...the cake part is the best.hahaha
5. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3295; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Maybe she has one. She's probably just not a slave to it like everyone else.
6. Bernoulli (Posts: 2232; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
She doesn't have an iPhone or a Sammy phone, she's clever and got a lumia
9. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
That comment made no sense !! Lumias are anti-addiction smartphones? Or were you trying to say something else?
13. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 399; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I admit I was like this dude - my wife hated how much time I spent on my GS4, when I realised how addicted to it I was I got rid of it - and replaced it with a budget Lumia which isn't as fun to use, and because of this I'm less inclined to use it :)
14. Sauce (unregistered)
Which is why she isn't using it ! x'D
(Just a joke people, don't get all defensive and ape sh*t on me)
15. Finalflash (Posts: 2083; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
The thing that changed that behavior for me was the notification LED. Knowing what the notification is just by the color of the LED lets me know if its important or not. Don't have to constantly check the phone to see what made it vibrate.
8. _PHug_ (Posts: 413; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
All I saw was that she is entirely too hot to be with that zero
10. jroc74 (Posts: 5261; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I never do this with my smartphone. And one time at a business lunch I noticed this with a few ppl, I just shook my head.
11. GeekMovement (Posts: 1883; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Fortunately I'm none of these. As much of a smartphone tech nerd I am, I always try to consider the people around me first.
12. mariosraptor (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
She needs a real Man with a capital D...
16. LindaC (Posts: 10; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I think becasue his smartphone does not have a tattoo display
17. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
so true. people just dont notice but its whats happening around them. people in third world are so blessed that they wont go thru this and contented using there nokia's